Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Hit lvl 12 no idea what I'm doing. Gave my friend a flame thrower so we could do the weekly objective. Dual Flame Throwers with the supply packs to constantly reload is stupid and my fans hate it. Someone wanted me to get a rover / guard dog and how dare you try and get me to meta so early into the game. Haven't done any of the automaton missions yet.

I feel like you have a disadvantage using stratagems vs using a controller as opposed to aim being easier on KB/M. But I never tried controller for this so I don't know what the aiming experience is like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I've been crashing mid mission like crazy :smith:

edit: Someone took my ammo backpack from the pod and when I just stared at them they dropped it. Then I crashed again.

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 8, 2024

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I'm also having a weird issue where I can't skip the intro movie and I get this spinning loading symbol in the top right instead. I know you need to press escape but I get trapped in this movie.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

BadLlama posted:

Dumb question but how do you drop a thing?

On PC you press and hold the X key and it pulls up a radial menu. On ps5 I think you hold down on the d pad?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Here is my no research non reading the whole thread rear end opinion for armor balance after using the grenade launcher and supply pack. Fortification lets you rocket jump and you take less damage the heavier the armor. :colbert:

Next we will discuss sticky bombs.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Closing bug holes do you have to be looking right at it like you’re doing a trench run? Trying to grenade over the covering has never worked.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

When you are joining through quickly play are you able to see the type of mission on the briefing or is that blocked because the host is already on the map?

I have been showing up to some missions ill prepared.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

How do I get in on this goon discord? Googling goon discord has slightly changed in meaning these past few years.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I’ve been able to deal with Hunters so far with the flamethrower. But with no stagger effect when you see the stalker headed right for you say goodbye.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Ice Fist posted:

I had my first experience with a guy I accidentally killed respawning and killing me out of spite, and then not reinforcing.

If I killed everybody who killed me I'd have more friendly kills than enemy kills.

I’ve had instances of lower level players killing me for my support weapon. This is when I get vindictive. Some dude picked up an auto cannon with 3 shots left and no anmo backpack. Shoots me takes my flamethrower and goes to the upload data side objective. Higher level players drop strats on you and say gg in the chat.

Auto cannon incident irks me more.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I've almost got the muscle memory down for reinforcing and that's the one that matters most.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Diff 4. Everything went to poo poo after I blew myself up with the mech. The person with 10 rare samples died they are matadoring the Charger while I grab the samples. The shuttle has 3 seconds left to depart and I'm making it in. Rank 7 Olivertwist turns and shotguns me in the face. 1 sample extracted.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I got a network error as the mission ended so it just put my on my ship...

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

THIS MECH AIN’T FREE

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Vimeo told me it was the best tho

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Something something gang initiation

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I like playing demoman but I like playing pyro too. The problem is when I play pyro we get a bunch of spies that just tank the flames and rush you for the kill or the enemy team rolls a bunch of jarate spewers and I can only think "I should've played demo"

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

jokes posted:

lol it just reflects it onto nearby helldivers

Tactical Discoball

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

All holes are landing zones for your drop pod. Getting out of the hole is for the next Diver to deal with.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Needs more cough syrup tbh

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

How often do premium warbonds release? I could farm them but I'm having flashbacks of the TF2 Halo Incident. I could excuse the :10bux: if I have 3 options to ponder.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

RandomBlue posted:

I love mounting the supply drop every time and climbing up on every box that has ammo or samples on top of it.

I did this by accident as it was deploying and got launched into the air.

Also just went from 6 to 8 with pubbies :hellyeah:
Only 9 of the new new samples. But we have gotten them all out so far.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Can’t you turn off matchmaking?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

These drat kids with their open mics and rock tumblers. Vaguely sure the first day I was playing some guy was negotiating fellatio on the other end.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Molrok posted:

Going to start posting EACH loading screen tip I see so you all get spoiled for them before actually seeing them in corpore in the game.

:mods:

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Using the flamethrower is a very “I wish I had the grenade launcher” moment whenever you quick play into a bug hole mission.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Make an anime only thread for Helldivers 2

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Shot a grenade at a swarm of hunters. Crash. Finished a 7 mission. Crash.

I can take a hint.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I joined a goon lobby for the first time tonight and lost 2 of the super samples. Everybody else was dying but seeing the omni awarness of the patrols pincer me on this land bridge suuuuucked.

Edit: Sniped uhhh here's a screenshot of unrelated dives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We3qC8UxL-g

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 17, 2024

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

AtillatheBum posted:

IDK why everyone is making a big deal about flying enemies, they've been in the game from the start. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2ceff5efd2578d&

The fall damage never kills them but when you accidentally resupply jump your health bar better be full.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

And 9 more volleys on the 380 :argh:

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Ravenfood posted:

Or change weapons

What if I already pressed on mouse 1 so I’m committed to the throw if I release?

Respond quickly it’s a 380

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I don’t like how quitting the game just makes my fans go crazy and locks up my computer.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

RandomBlue posted:

Why are you quitting the game, deserter?

I don’t have a spacesuit, stillsuit, or goon diaper.

MISSIONS ARE LONG AND I GOTTA PISS.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Friend and I joined a quick play 7 I’m lvl 40 he’s lvl 26 I get kicked for a lvl 50. My friend is laughing in the discord before he bails.

Was it because I picked the HMG stratagem goddam everyone else had mortars I wanted to be different :commissar:

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Will mag dumping a grenade launcher into a Bile Titan do anything beyond bursting the sacks? I'm attached to the grenade launcher and supply pack. There are too many spewers to put it down.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Icedude posted:

God, this. What is my hellpod going to do against a swarm of hunters? They're just going to sit there and wait for the tasty helldiver snack to pop out. Stop throwing my respawn beacon like it's an impact grenade :argh:

vvvvv At least if it's into an Automaton base you can try and land your hellpod on a fabricator and clear that out.

Legionnaire armor just so I can chuck these beacons out of the bs just as the new diver just Leroy’s in.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Wait. Element 710 is OIL??

Are you reconsidering your patriotism soldier?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

deep dish peat moss posted:

Another option is just taking the top-tier Muscle Enhancement booster since it not only is insanely helpful for traversal but it significantly reduces the slow effect when you take a melee hit and lets you run away from hoppers and hunters anyway.

Man I only used this for snow and mud.

It’s buff diver time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Lprsti99 posted:

Y'all sure you're explicitly getting kicked? Only ask because cascading crashes that take it once person after another in a short period have been pretty common lately.

It’s always given me a big YOU HAVE BEEN KICKED. But there is a lot of THE HOST HAS QUIT right after missions end so sometimes I wonder.

As opposed to games like monster hunter where getting kicked is you are given a connection error.