Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Gabrielite
Apr 24, 2008

explosivo posted:

What did they say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabrielite
Apr 24, 2008
Seems the current version of the strategems have issues that will be fixed next week. I wonder what issues the AT Mines have currently? They looked good in the leaked footage, but so did the airburst so... :shrug:

Gabrielite
Apr 24, 2008

Sindai posted:

I really wish the bullet dog's backpack icon showed total ammo left instead of the current mag.

I know you can supposedly tell by looking at the backpack itself but I can't figure out how.

What do you mean by you "can't figure out how"? The magazines are visible on the backpack itself, they are the 6 straight waffle sticks that are flat against the back when the gun dog is deployed and vertical when its docked. When reloading they get shoved into the gun dog itself.

Also I thought the backpack icon does show the total reserve? Maybe I just never noticed and assumed otherwise, I don't use the gun dog much, like everyone else. Edit > looking at a recent youtube video I guess it does, huh.

Gabrielite fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 30, 2024

Gabrielite
Apr 24, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

The patch notes say that they fixed the destroyer upgrade that's supposed to refill your secondary completely with one box, but it still doesn't work on my autocannon. :manning:

I just tested it, it works with the AC and other backpack weapons. It only does that from resupply boxes, not ammo boxes as intended.

Gabrielite
Apr 24, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

can you give a quick how to for that?

Step 1: Press Win+R
Step 2: enter %appdata% into the bar and hit run.
Step 3: Find the Arrowhead > Helldivers2 folder and look for the Shader Cache folder. Delete the file inside.
Step 4: Validate your files on steam

This is what I have been doing after every patch more or less. Validation is unnecessary technically, but I do it anyway.

Gabrielite fucked around with this message at 10:33 on May 1, 2024

Gabrielite
Apr 24, 2008
From the new blog post. New Helldivers 2 Warbond brings trap-laying weaponry, arctic-themed armor, and more May 9 - Playstation Blog

quote:

Firepower
AR-61 Tenderizer
A real tentacle-tearer. This high calibre assault rifle has awesome stopping power but limited magazine size, so make each shot count. Unpatriotic “banter” shots are not advisable.

SMG-72 Pummeler
A slower rate of fire than your other SMGs but these concussive rounds will leave your enemies dazed, confused, and still very ugly. Good things come to Helldivers who wait.

PLAS-101 Purifier
Set the trap. Hold the trigger. Let them charge at you. Smile. They’re getting closer. Smile again. Closer. Smile. Closer. Smile. Closer… and release the trigger. S.P.L.A.T. The longer you can hold your nerve, and the trigger, the bigger the damage.

Secondary weapons / Utility Booster
G-13 Incendiary Impact
Don’t waste time reading the instructions, lob it at the enemy and run. This thing detonates on impact and ignites the area in white phosphorus, so make sure you – and your allies – are not standing around having a chat.

P-113 Verdict
The guys in R&D love this one. Gas-operated, semi-automatic, and chambers the largest centrefire cartridge of any lunpistol of its kind. “Rapid Deliberation”, they call it. Quick-draw to look cool in front of your squad.

Motivational Shocks
Literally shocks Helldivers back into action after being hit and slowed by sneaky, unjust attacks like the revolting bug acid vomit. Won’t help you much with area effects like EMS strikes, though.

Armor
CW-36 Winter Warrior
Blend into snowy environments with perfect camouflage. The enemy will never see you coming, until it’s far too late. Ah the sweet smell of stealth. Passive boost – Serve-assisted.

CW-22 Kodiak
Thoroughly pressure-tested by patriotic volunteers as part of the Test Subjects for Super Earth Citizen Advancement Programme. Their sacrifice shall not be forgotten. Passive boost – Fortified.

CW-4 Arctic Ranger
Features a nifty utility belt boasting handy pockets that can be filled with any number of things – pocket knives, mementoes, interesting rocks, Terminid tentacles, bits of bots, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabrielite
Apr 24, 2008

Zwabu posted:

For all the discussion about linking PSN account to a Steam HD2 account, it's not actually clear to me how you do it.

I have a PSN account. From HD2 (windows version) I go to options, and there was, somewhere, an option to link to PlayStation account, either via a QR code or clicking a link. The link goes to Sony's site but when you click "continue" it says Thank You but I was never logged into my PlayStation account so it's not clear anything happened.

Furthermore when I go to the PlayStation site and log into my account there's a tab for "Linked Services" but it doesn't show Steam, just some social media streaming services.

However, the place to setup the link in the HD2 options menu appears to be gone, so maybe the process is complete, but it's not at all intuitive how to do it and how to be sure it's been done.

They removed the option to do so a while ago sometime during/after the "Great Server Fire of 2024". So it just adds another laughable dimension to the whole thing because you literally can't link your accounts right now despite everything. You can only just have the account ready to go if you didn't link it during the period when you could. Just another thing that was totally not communicated during the announcement that should have been.