Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Why do the devs have to be located in Sweden making the release time 3AM for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

I think they already kinda do. There are quite a lot of bad reviews.

It'll survive it though, since apparently the game is fun so they just need to fix some things

I bought it, since I'm an idiot. Downloading now

Yeah really loving weird choice. And seems to be the cause of a lot of the technical issues people are having. Seems like the kind of game that really should launch with Easy Anti Cheat, some business idiot decided they wanted to save money most likely.

This happens a lot with anticipated games where if it's got a day 1 bug that effects a lot of people it gets a mini review bomb and then when they fix it with a patch hours or a few days later it usually swings back positive.

Like if you look the negative Steam reviews it's mostly people talking about not being able to connect or the game crashes. And then there is the all anti-cheat is bad crowd.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

blastron posted:

I think it’s a case where they just didn’t expect that it even could explode like this. Their previous games have always been decently successful, but only within their particular niche. Adding third-person shooting to the Helldivers formula put them in an entirely different arena, though, one far bigger than they could have anticipated, so even decently successful would have been a shock, let alone the runaway popularity they’re seeing now.

Me and a few friends where looking forward to this game because we played the original Helldivers quite a bit but I agree I don't think anyone could have really predicted it would blow up this much.

The move from top down to 3rd person really changes the feel of the game and I think it draws in a much larger pool from the shooter crowd. Also the peak number of players tripled from launch weekend to this weekend which really speaks to this game catching fire via streamers and word of mouth.

Popete fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 17, 2024