Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Playing with pubbies is fail. Get some goon friends.

Is there a discord? I didnt see it in the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the robots are terrifying

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Whats the plan for hulks?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tyrelhill posted:

they have glowy things on their backs but a few rockets in their face takes em out too

That reminds me with the recoilless rifle to get team reloads does a teammate need to wear the back pack?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I have had a couple crashes to desktop but nowhere near as many as like Remnant 2 had so i havent gotten grumpy

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I liked the liberator explosive because of the fire rate but the knight is very handy against bugs or when you gotta carry something

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BeAuMaN posted:

Cool. Almost enough credits to unlock, will do that.

Can you expand on this a bit? Because I equipped it, shot some bugs. The fire rate is slower, you get a bit less ammo, and it didn't seem to kill them that much faster. The explosive part of it seemed almost completely aesthetic. What is this gun good at?

I think it's weird they have the same amount of armor piercing.

It definitely felt like it did about the same damage as the liberator just with less shots. And i meant its slower rate of fire felt more controllable at longer ranges. I dont know if it holds up above hard though. And i didnt notice any extra penetration or explosion tbh

I dont know if its good but its fine

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I started getting more medals once i paid attention to the little gems on the map and blowing open the caches

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

Honestly the one thing this game needs is a button like in DRG that lets you do callouts like 'ROCK AND STONE', 'FOR KARL' etc. except here it would be 'FOR MANAGED DEMOCRACY!', 'DEATH TO THE ENEMIES OF SUPER EARTH', etc. etc.

It has one. The trigger.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What are the yellow bile bugs? Just a color variation?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Whenever i see a bug letting out the fart that calls the breach in. I just drop an orbital barrage on em. It takes just long enough to hit, so that the big boys pop out and take it in the face.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I killed my first bile titan by myself in a party of 4

I killed my first bile titan with my droppod because i was like "lol guys look itll kill the monster lol"

And then it did

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Still figuring out if i like the fire shotgun. It feels like it does less damage than the knight for more ammo. But it might just be that the knight can tap a commander to death real fast and they apparently do not give a gently caress about fire shotguns

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I hope we get more enemies the size of the bile titans. Those guys are fun to watch

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Whoever talked about hitting chargers legs thank you. It has made them so much less tanky

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Everyone probably knows this but spore towers and illegal broadcasts are super simple if you can see them and have a recoilless rifle.

Just shoot them and you win!

Also it goes farther than you think. I've popped spore spewers from what feels like half a map away.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

megane posted:

Chargers are just way too numerous for what they are. You don't put 3 of the same puzzle miniboss in every fight. The necessity to fit massive amounts of anti-armor into every single build, always, to the point where anything that doesn't punch through the heaviest armor in the game feels like a waste of a slot, was a big annoyance in HD1, and it seems like HD2 is the same way.

Once you start targeting legs they're way less threatening. Strip the arm mag dump an smg and down it goes.

Edit: to be clear i mean that really only one teammate needs anti armor so long as the rest know to focus the broken spots.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Scout walkers are very fun to fight. You have like three thought processes.

Am I in front? Yes. Do i have a heavy weapon? Yes.
Good kill it.

Am i in front? Yes. Do I have a heavy weapon? No.
Ah gently caress.

And finally the best one.
Am I behind it? Lol this thing is a joke i domed the pilot with a pistol.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 14, 2024

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yrah its a strange interaction that its a weak point but not actually weak without specific weaponry.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

Sometimes I think goons have some real dumb takes about video games but good loving god the wider gaming community is insufferable beyond repair.

Insufferable is the word for sure. I have no expectations for the wider gaming community and yet somehow its still disappointing

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Laser cannon will kill spore spewers btw. So thats nice

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Fifteen of Many posted:

Is it too late to jump into this game without being frowned at every game for not knowing the “right” way to play? I’m getting inundated with it on all my socials and my interest is piqued.

Im judging you right now.

Nah its fine have fun, blow up your teammates.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The worst is accidentally dropping in range of a jammer.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Jesus thats some whiny bitch rear end baby poo poo

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wait do the capes have stats

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

:ohdear: number went up

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The scythe isnt great but it gets a little better if you use it aim it at bug legs instead of bodies. Those shear off faster

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The railcannon is so satisfying.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Recoilless being able to kill a bile titan in one shot and strip armor off a charger in one go makes it viable in my mind but the railgun is absolutely more versatile since it doesn't need a backpack slot.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tom Tucker posted:

Best tip I've gotten so far has been "Remember: Freedom!"

My favorite has been "Are you aware there are tips on the loading screens?"

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One of the most satisfying ways to kill a charger is to strip its armor off the leg with a rocket when it charges you and then magdump from the knight into the exposed leg while diving.

Its not ammo efficient or Meta but its satisfying

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

thalweg posted:

how do you one shot a titan with RR? I've been hitting them in the face / glowy underbelly and they dont die in one hit

Gotta pop em in the head as they start spitting. Rips it right off.

EDIT: Early game the RR carreid me fairly far. Its good for fast sub objectives (illegal broadcast / spore towers). Self reload is slow but not impossible to manage and its by far the best at removing armor of the weapons. Id set up for anti charger / heavy and go to town. Its definitely a harder play style than endgame aith railgun but was absolutely viable. And the number of objectives it just completes for you is always fun.

Only weapon ive had a pubby pop in voice to say "Thats very handy" when i ran it. (After killing a couple spore towers from half the map away)

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 22, 2024

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DarkDobe posted:

To that end I really think Chargers could stand to be 1-shottable if you headshot them with an anti-tank rocket, but you're actually better off popping them in the rear end instead.

I agree theyd benefit from a way to one tap or maybe just cripple so that hordes of them can be slowed.

Maybe theyll give us EMS grenades and thatll do. Since ems strikes are fine but hard to weigh against just murdering people with eagle strikes.

Also has anyone noticed there appear to be two charger models? Is that a thing or am i seeing them wrong.

Edit: the AMR order made me try it out and its pretty good against bots in general which is nice.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Not that i know of. For the RR like other supports you can reload the back pack from supplies. It gets about 6 or so shots generally i think.

Also this game would benefit from a shooting range on the ship. I think.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

victrix posted:

Who was badmouthing the Senator, show yourselves cowards

This thing rules, hand cannon 4life

Agreed! I think they also maybe got the penetration wrong on it because you can just shoot hiveguards in the face with it and it goes right through.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mzbundifund posted:

Thanks! Now go read the second half of my post.

Sometimes with the eyes of sauron they can be bugged and not have a suitable "landing" spot for the hellbomb near them so the strat just rolls around until it bounces super far away.

I found theres a spot a little down the path from the tower near the closest bunker that still lets the hellbomb land and is close enough to destroy the tower.

Its pretty annoying

Edit: i think the issue with the laser cannon is that we expect it to be a heavy weapon like the eat or rr but instead its more like a laser machinegun that can occasionally kill heavier targets.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Feb 22, 2024

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I saw someone mention the current bug is that light armor is inheriting the heavy armor rating? So it may just be that light armor is very good at the moment and will become weaker and heavy armor is actually how its supposed to be

Which would be unsatisfying tbh but fine i guess. It would be very funny if we are all tougher than the game balance expected us to be.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

LazyMaybe posted:

that's a new one

Ive gotten this too! I have no idea why

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ive definitely picked up packs of 3 medals from hidey holes. So i could see a lucky run having ten maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Im sure everyone knows but i did confirm the eye of sauron can be destroyed with the orbital laser