Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Jerkface posted:

Given how effective the TCS is against the bugs you almost forget its 100% safe for all OTHER living things...

It would be anti-democratic to suggest otherwise citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Just got the game - Will be more active in the thread I swear. Please hook me up and forever rid me of the WOW Gang tag help.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Night10194 posted:

I like the detail on my medic suit that the pouches once carried a huge array of medical equipment to treat any wounds, which have since been thrown out to pack in more meth stims.

Pure amphetamine with a hint of Ibuprofen and water. Get your rear end back out there soldier. For. Democracy.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Christ this game is dragging wookwook goons out of the shadows.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Worf posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Helldivers 2 reload with one clip (which is actually a clip, not a magazine is better than the current imo

Yelling into the void trying to explain the difference between clip and mag is only going to lead to madness.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

LazyMaybe posted:

what on earth does that mean

Older than your reg date Battlefield Bad Company 2 server /community that kind of formed around Battlefield games. Hadlock stole all the bitcoin, jihad jeeps. C4 apache tail rotors.

Oh. And if you are out there Daveslash. Enemy light post spotted.

BeAuMaN posted:

What difficulty?

10 if I had to wager.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

A while ago, the devs turned off the "random stratagem" condition where you'd chuck a strat and might get something at random.

If daveslash ever got to fly the eagle, it would result in something similar. Or like trying to throw a strat into a jammed area, wondering if the game just ate your strategem.

Or a new shrapnel rain strategem that's just daveslash's eagle parts crashing into the nearest tall object.

Throwing the strategem in the hallway of the Titan carrier and wondering why nothing happened. Because it hit the top of the ship.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

strategem called STEEL RAIN that's just a kamikaze pilot yelling MY LIFE FOR DEMOCRACY as he flies between the legs and crashes into a tree, doing no damage

Tell ya one thing for sure. Never loving allowed to call in an exosuit. EVER. Those things would last all of 2 seconds in his hands.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

strategem called STEEL RAIN that's just a kamikaze pilot yelling MY LIFE FOR DEMOCRACY as he flies between the legs and crashes into a tree, doing no damage

WAIT. How do we recreate this in Helldivers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzQp3UqMVTs

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

With as often as people toss down Tesla Towers and dont say poo poo about doing it, or mindlessly blast arc throwers. The new arc armor is my new go to so I can survive my own team.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Ravendas posted:

Breaker Incendiary is great against chargers because then you have flaming chargers, which kill you and your teammates even faster.

Flaming charger sounds like a drink i'd order at a Tiki Bar.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Skyl3lazer posted:

It looks cool though

Eh its okay for bugs but not the best i'll grant that.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Erata just got completed. How screwed are we with Joel when it comes down next week or tomorrow or whenever his wrath strikes?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Joel must really not like us with these new orders.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

they'll miss you

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

suicidal and above now appear to almost always spawn flier nests and in my testing they do not go down to a couple shots of the autocannon like spore towers do.

as another goon posted here dont kill them if they are swooping you its instant death lmao

Please. Tell me more.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Haha I just got back from a 3 day trip to see I still get to fight for Hellmire. HAH I bring bad Karma with me.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Never fight bots. Always bugs.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Dyz posted:

Its weird, all I see here are 1s and 0s.

It's weird, all I can hear is bug sounds.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

BadLlama posted:

I do love the spear, the lock on dance you have to do to get it to lock is truly silly though.

Same, spear lover here. Just give it 1 more rocket and fix the drat lock and yeah it's better than the recoilless imo.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Zesty posted:

Any goon Helldiver specific discord? OP only has a Playstation and some other group discord.

The "other" group discord is Marvelous and where all the goons are playing. But I guess we can keep it a secret for all the cool kids.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Amazing Member posted:

"Look Familiar?"

:smug:

Only he can be so loving smug and get away with it. :swoon:

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

I cannot for the life of me understand how this game has gotten so looking forward to whatever comes "next" this Thursday.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Fire immune armor when

Somewhere a game dev is saying one of two things to this. "Soon" or "When it's ready."

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

People, and goons, are the worst.

It's true. Goons do in fact ruin everything.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Fishstick posted:

Is "co-op goons" the right discord for playing with goons? I don't see a whole lot of activity in in the LFG/helldive channels

Right there in the OP My dude - Marvelous is the discord. https://discord.com/invite/fHmzuHSHV8

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Lobok posted:

I got some cheeks you can rail

Clap em and I'll blast em. With a Recoilless from range, no innuendo here... HOW DARE YOU.

Meet me on discord later, 1am, tell no one.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

ZearothK posted:

Is that skullface and beret a hacker exclusive for now or?

Don't you put the black magic of hacking on us.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

ZearothK posted:

I would sign a deal with the devil for a cool hat.

Team Fortress is that away ---->

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

For a PvE game Helldivers 2 is certainly hitting a lot of the squares on my "Gamers Angry About Game Balance" bingo card.

Do not go to the subreddit then. It's bad.

Also here to sing the praises of the Pummeler and it stunlocking stalkers lol.