Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Baiard posted:

It's kinda humorous to think about if the super destroyers actually worked as depicted.

You have barely deiced 18 year olds saunter out of their pods and get "command" of the destroyer telling it where to go, but really they just get to pick from a few preselected options. They choose GO TO BUG PLANET on the map and then the super destroyer heads there. In reality the shipmaster retains command of the super destroyer crew and the democracy officer retains command of the war effort.

The shipmaster and democracy officer practice their most obsequious lines on the helldivers, but once they're in the pods and gone, the two go take a smoke break or go to the head. Whenever the divers complete an objective the democracy officer leans over to the mic and intones "Outstanding work helldivers. Super Earth will remember you forever." and then takes a bite out of his Liberty Burger while watching Super Earth Confidential.

The crew is relatively safe as long as they don't get hit by alien planetary defenses, and once their tour is over they can go back to living in the "idyllic" suburbs on Super Earth. Or into the biorepurposer vats I guess.

yeah, its the democracy officer who's the real command of the super destroyer, you're just picking what front you want to die on
he has a ton of great lines about sacrificing the helldivers to achieve objectives and whatnot, give him a listen if you're ever bored waiting for people to join up

"From one thawed hero to the next..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Ping the target, do a 360, pray to satan, and only start your lock on odd seconds, and there's about a 40% chance the spear will lock on.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
idk gas works really well for me
its great on bots as the strider riders will die just as fast as regular bots in it, and it softens up devastators pretty well and has good uptime

i know there's a bit of fuckiness with whether you're the host or not, but it definitely still does damage regardless, just maybe not as much damage

also if you land the orb on top of a fabricator the impact of the gas shell will destroy the fab

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
come helldive, my lord

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
eruptor feels pretty mediocre to me, tbh, I can spray down most small fry with the sickle, regardless of the range, and for bigger bots I can just pull my autocannon out and deal with them infinitely faster than the eruptor

maybe if you're not running autocannon it might have a place, I guess? It just feels really bad to have out when some jetpack boys show up and land in your face

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
i think they should make a gun that shoots smaller guns

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

What I am about to say is entirely vibes based:

I've played mostly bots and I do not like the sickle because it feels like it suppresses less than other automatic weapons. Whenever I spin up the sickle I get shot in the face, but if I take anything that throws lots of bullets I can kind of just crouch and shoot at a group without actually eating much of the return fire.

It is entirely possible it's because I don't stop shooting to reposition and reload as often but it would also make sense that they use the same (hidden) stat for suppression that they use for shooting through leaf.

i dont think devastators suffer from any sort of suppression effect, or at the very least, not from any weapon I've ever shot at them, which is most
a heavy dev will still snipe your head off from half the map away while you're painting his eyelids with small arms fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Insert name here posted:

^^^gently caress I literally took seconds too long to post lol

Also everyone is talking about the Senator but no one has mentioned the biggest buff it got. More damage? Meh. Speed-loader? No one cares about speed-loaders. No, the biggest buff is what happens when you hold down reload for long enough now:
https://i.imgur.com/DgkaFlY.mp4

you're pretty good