Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I have the same amount of TKs as my friend who has over double my playtime and only one of them was intentional. Eagle Cluster Bombs sometimes just reach out and give people smooches :shobon:

That being said my friend has probably teamkilled me and herself like six times by accidentally handing me a contact nade.

I'm like 20 hours deep on this poo poo and it's such fun. It reminds me of that old game from the 00s, Mercenaries. All it's missing (besides stuff that's already on the roadmap) is some ally NPCs to make the battles feel a little more epic imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Tom Tucker posted:

Friendship with Autocannon over, Expendable Anti-Tank is new best friend.

Ran around with EAT, eagle cluster bomb, laser guard dog, and gatling sentry on two nice long bug missions. EAT has like a minute cooldown before upgrading the super destroyer so you can just drop it everywhere and hunt chargers while cluster bombing dudes and using gatling senties at key points and the rover gets anything that gets too close. It was insanely fun too. Grabbing EATs and dropping them into a bile titan feels great. Highly recommend.

Yeah I like using the EAT for bugs, but the Autocannon for bots because I'm too lazy to deal with Striders and Devastators any other way

Kly posted:

are the dailies the same for everyone? i had a kill 100 guys with eagle strafing run and its really bad. drop it in a pile of bugs and it killed 8

I had that one yesterday. It's easy since the Strafing Run has a short cooldown and a lot of charges, so you can spam the hell out of it. Eagle stuff's overall cooldown doesn't start until the fighter rearms though so if you have multiple Eagle airstrikes equipped you won't get your charges back until either you order it to rearm or you spend all your charges on every airstrike. IMO the Strafing Run isn't that great compared to the Cluster Bomb or Napalm but at least it's hard to TK people with!

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 6, 2024

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I played a quick game on 5 versus bots with heavy armor to test out some of the stuff that got changed. The 380mm definitely still sucks, but the Laser Cannon and Punisher feel pretty good. Heavy Armor definitely takes way less damage on individual hits, but you run out of stamina so fast you can't escape anything compared to the near-infinite sprint light armor gives you.

The Laser Cannon in particular stood out because it seems to do appreciable damage on body shots to Devastators. Not 100% sure on this, and you definitely still want to headshot them regardless. The extra ammo on the Punisher definitely helps out a lot too.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

All I know is the devs explicitly called out my favorite weapon (the Autocannon) by name as balanced and fair so I know they consider me a skilled gamer in their eyes

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Diephoon posted:

The Autocannon feels great when it works. When it ricochets it feels bad. When it ricochets and kills you it feels awful.

I never really had any problems with bouncing shots against anything lighter than an Annihilator but I don't run it at all against bugs, I just use the EAT there. Will probably try the Flamethrower and Arc Cannon next time I play a bug mission

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Third World Reagan posted:

this is my mil defense contractor dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj886Y9xGrU

Some dude with a lanyard back on super earth going man this is gonna be super expensive to fix, a shame about all those super deaths

The traitorous worms in the exosuit corps who were complaining about this have been summarily executed by being made to continue serving in the exosuit corps

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The Laser Cannon fries weak points, it's just that Berserkers are massive blobs of HP. I just watched a guy blow up a cannon tower turret from the other side of the map in one short burst to its weak point, and you can pop heads pretty easily with it.

My mech trip report is that it loving whips when it doesn't randomly short-circuit and explode completely unprovoked. I was judiciously avoiding firing rockets while moving and still exploded while chasing down some bots with a minigun burst on the move

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Just went back to take another look at that exo loadout tweet and would like to emphasize that the “twin autocannon” exo has twin autocannons on each arm

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

nexus6 posted:

https://i.imgur.com/KR3RXBL.mp4
Not me, I wish I was that good.

hell yeah

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I have awoken to the flamethrower against bugs. Running Punisher / Standard Frags / Eagle Airstrike / Eagle 500kg / Flamethrower / Shield Generator Pack with medium medic armor against them atm, might switch out Airstrike for the Patriot after the free one goes away. Playing on diff 7, and the flamethrower toasts chargers and spewers and versus swarms of small bugs you can lean on your shield to take advantage of the flamethrower's DPS but lack of stagger. Plus, the medic armor gives you a couple extra stims for when you inevitably set yourself on fire :v:

Now if only I could find a bot build I really liked.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Third World Reagan posted:

I had this before the patch

I think patrols popping out of thin air in front of you has gotten worse after the patch for sure, at least in bot games it seems to happen a lot

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

You know how sometimes those little smoke plants will pop and apply a shitload more physics force to you than usual? Last night I was playing and a devastator rocket popped a bunch of smoke plants I was sitting next to and for some reason it launched me directly upwards into heaven, ragdolling the whole way up. I did not survive the fall

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Played a tower defense mission and people not knowing what to do made it last forever and then my game crashed after we defended the 3rd tower. I have to say I can't actually complain about the game mode though because you literally just get to obliterate wave after wave of bugs and its quite satisfying.

Chargers are an absolute joke now

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

jokes posted:

I want: flame resistant armor

If they didn't want to be fuel for democracy's pyre they wouldn't have been standing in front of me

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Tower defense missions are pure chaos and I love them. Went back to using the EAT since Chargers get chumped by them and ended up having more kills than all three of my teammates put together because of the laserdog/slugger/gat turret combo I was also running. Bile Titans are kind of a problem though, I can't seem to kill them very reliably by myself while running Eagle Airstrike and the EAT. I can't tell if I'm just missing their headshot hitbox or if they're actually tanky enough to soak 2-3 EAT headshots

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 13, 2024

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Infinitum posted:

If I reinforce and my Hellpod rams straight down the middle of a Bile Titan, it should kill it :argh:

One time I literally smashed off a Charger's rear end with my Hellpod. It turned around, instakilled me, and then bled out

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Oneiros posted:

the two pelicans dropping off our mechs autocannoning each other and going down in flaming wrecks was the cherry on top :allears:

Lol, I had no idea this was even possible. :patriot: I was already kinda wondering if they had at some point planned for the Shredder Tank to shoot down SEAF aircraft since it kinda looks like an AA platform.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Welp I whaled and bought the collector's edition for the dumb skins and the premium battlepass so I could get enough super creds to get the new pass. I'm a loving sucker patriot

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Doctor Zero posted:

Freedom is FABULOUS!

IN THIS HOUSE
We Believe
Love is Love
Black Lives Matter
Women's Rights Are Human Rights
Death to the Enemies of Democracy

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

They should make the bile mortar bugs into glowy loud plasma mortar bugs

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

theysayheygreg posted:

look posters complain about regular mortars and not seeing them before you get gibbed so yes we should definitely add more death from the sky mechanics

I am specifically talking about turning the lime green booger mortars into loud and more visible plasma mortars

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Finally got the Sickle, and while I think the Slugger might be technically better, this gun certainly feels great. Also feels very Starship Troopers-y when all four players have it and are hosing down some heavily armored bug that refuses to die.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Riatsala posted:

I'm almost at the point where I'm willing to kick any pubbie who takes mortar sentry. Almost.

I just camp on top of them on exterminate missions but some sickos bring them on regular jobs. In such situations you can just blow up the turret with a grenade

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

If everyone brings the expendable you can have so many of the things lying around you can just spend them on crap that doesn't even need it like Brood Commanders or Bile Spewers. If you get unlucky with Titan spawns and get loads of them at once, it can get hairy, but I usually don't have any trouble managing Titans and hordes with just the regular Eagle Airstrike and contact nades plus my Slugger/Sickle. For objectives and extraction you just call in a Patriot and mop the floor with however many bugs the game decides to throw at you.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Today I randomly shot a world spawn Hellbomb in the middle of being chased by a handful of bugs and got a 55x killstreak instantly.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I headshot instagibbed a charger at 120m with a recoilless rifle today. :blastu: This game is so drat satisfying.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The Redeemer is insane, it does everything well. I just use the Senator because it’s very satisfying

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

thotsky posted:

The people who make the game should be able to change it so that it is no longer possible to obtain large amounts of super credits quicker than intended. That they have not is puzzling.

They're probably more concerned with bugfixing and stability than people grinding for creds. They probably want to scrap it but to be honest it's not fun and it's barely more funbucks/hr than working a minimum wage job and then spending it all on the game

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The bubble shield is honestly pretty great against bots ime. The cooldown is really short too

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I just use the grenade armor and stun nades

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

my friend has a chihuahua named courage and he named his boat Guardian of Courage

e: my boat is Wings of Mercy cause it sounds badass but also all my homies hate mercy in overwatch

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 31, 2024

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Away all Goats posted:

Stun grenades are a little too good. The stun lasts forever and the area is big enough you can easily catch an entire bot drop(sometimes two) in a single grenade.

A contact nade could have just killed them all. Stun Grenades rock but their only real advantage is being able to stun stuff like Hulks, Chargers, and BTs. Giving up being able to nuke trash, spewers, and spawn holes/bot factories is a fair tradeoff.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I simply throw a grenade at the bugs before they are directly on top of me and then shoot the survivors

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The 380mm barrage makes absolute perfect sense when you remember these are the devs who put Lightning Bolt and BSoD in Magicka

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

BTs are like the one enemy in the game that aren't completely trivial to kill and I like that, but with this change I'm deffo going back to running contacts against bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Section Z posted:

"The liberator of the shotgun world" loving ouch.

On that note, what is the Defender of the shotgun world? Asking for a friend.

The Punisher is good, the Breaker is also still good despite the early nerf. It's just that the Slugger was just as lethal as the Punisher from the hip at close range, but could reach out and touch an enemy at long range and also stagger them with body shots at any range besides. It wouldn't have been possible to balance the Dominator, Dilligence, Punisher, and Breaker against it, so rather than nerfing its damage or precision they just nerfed its stagger.