Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I created a destroyer named “Queen of Democracy.”

GOAT 11/10 A++ would buy again.

PSN: Doczero
Helldivers 2 friend code: 8213-0978

Is there a different thread for multiplayer and finding goons to play with?

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Probably already known, but on PS5 I would occasionally get a game where I saw nobody else online. I mean NOBODY, which I found highly improbable.

Turns out if you suspend your console, when you come back to the game it basically isolates you from the galaxy. Close and restarting the game fixes it.

PS: am I blind or is there really no “return to main menu” option on PlayStation?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

GIVE IT TO ME NOW

..FOR LIBERTY!

:swoon:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

For FREEDOM! For MANAGED DEMOCRACY! I need to show the world my love of LIBERTY!!! Thank you Citizen! :fsmug: :patriot: :911: :liberty:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

This new Objective is interesting. I predict it will probably go hilariously wrong once finished.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I wonder if there's a "plan" if we don't actually complete all 4 in time (i'm sure we will, given that a weekend is coming up, but then again, the servers sometimes catch fire on the weekends...*)

Or will they just push them through?

* New warbond is also launching tomorrow, which, given that I couldn't play at all the day a new stratagem launched, gives one pause. Maybe I should buy credits early

I'm 100% expecting an "oops, we just mutated them and made them worse."

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Waffle House posted:

Nonsense, that's freedom you're breathing. :smug:

I'm 100% expecting an "oops, we just mutated them and made them worse free-er."

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Anyone else on PS5 unable to actually use the Options menu? I can get to it, but I don't get any selection highlights. No? just me? Okay. :smith:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Freedom is FABULOUS!

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 14, 2024

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Warmachine posted:

With no further context, you were in the right. gently caress mortars on anything other that like Bot Eradicate.

I've had really good luck using them to blow the poo poo out of hordes of bugs during shuttle extractions. There are better things I'm sure but the sentry guns seem to run out way too fast.

ninjewtsu posted:

i liked it better in my pretend world where clearing out bases was a beneficial thing to do

Don't listen to this traitorous nonsense. Every bug that lives is 1000 dead citizens.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Darth Walrus posted:

Is there a way to manually log out on PS5 other than closing your game?

Winners never quit. Quitters never win.

(nope)

quote:

Sometimes every goddamn time the player’s loadout customizations will reset after restarting the game.

This is really annoying. I want to change my game settings (PS5) and I can’t and I also keep resetting to the default weaponry. I easily really hoping this patch would fix it.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

^^^ Bots maybe?

Fuuuuuuck. Did they change this on PS5 or am I just stupid? (porque no la dos?) The social and settings menus do work on PS5, but you have to use the D-Pad to control it. I could have sworn I used to use a stick to select things.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Not digging the adjudicator. It definitely is better to handle using a scope, but since the counter-sniper exists, I don't know what the adjudicator is supposed to be doing differently. Likely my aim isn't good enough I suppose. :shrug:

Glad to hear about the eruptor. I love running the Stalwart, but against bots I didn't have a decent medium armor penetrating option, so that seems like that might be my jam.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

People complaining about the new ship upgrade prices like they didn't take the time to unlock everything else. It's a little bit of a grind but you'd think the world is ending the way they talk about it.

Quoting this for when people start complaining there's nothing to do with materials in two weeks.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

novaSphere posted:

I honestly hope a little zappy sidearm arrives at some point and it's just this power tool looking thing on the table full of stuff that's already been teasing unreleased content :tinfoil:

OMG! PLEASE put a melee weapon in the game that is just Helldivers running up and disassembling bots.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

flubber nuts posted:

are robot bugs real?

Personally I find the idea of a bug that beeps OH-FENsive!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

I completed a Suicide Mission level game but the next difficulty isn't unlocked. :wtc:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

explosivo posted:

Did you complete every mission in the operation you started? Because that's what you need to do, not just beat one level.

Ahhhhhhh. I thought it meant all objectives in one mission. :wotwot: So, one more to go then.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

what are the best primaries against armored spewers?

Breaker and avoid the armor. Although loading into the ... spewer ... mouth ... thing... also works.

In other news, I did unlock Impossible, and you guys are right. Once you get used to tactics and load outs that work for you, the higher difficulties aren't that much harder.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

LazyMaybe posted:

Eruptor and dominator are both good against spewers. Dominator can kill the armored spewers somewhat faster with some headshots compared to eruptor, but eruptor is probably a bit better against the unarmored ones.

Eruptor one-shots spewers if you hit it in the soft spot. I'm pretty sure I've killed 2 with one shot before, but one of them may have been wounded.

Whoever said it before is awesome, but if you are facing the head of an armored bug, aim at the ground directly under the head. The explosion will reflect up into the bug's belly and also hit anything next to them. If you miss, then you hit the thing in the face which is also good.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

When I was unlocking the difficulty levels, on Suicide Mission and Impossible, I was maybe level 23 with level 75s and 100s and I could almost feel the doubt from them. But I know how to play, so I would back them up and support them as much as I could so they always ended but being super cool helpful after they found out I wasn't a boat anchor.

Lately, my favorite play style is to take a Breaker or Breaker Incendiary (bots or bugs), Auto Cannon, and ship Railgun Strike lag a little behind, and use the AC to bail people out if they get in trouble. Nothing else like the feeling of seeing a team mate 100 yards away running from a mob of warrior bugs, when all of the sudden BOOM the bugs explode in a shower of goo and they spin around looking like WTF. :sicknasty: :clint:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Black Noise posted:

If you don’t use up your budget you get it reduced!

I see you have experience in corporate America.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Fangz posted:

Apparently the striders can hit the generators without anyone on the helipad, so maybe the answer is actually that you want someone on the helipad to take out their top turret asap, or to drop smoke, or something like that.

Had one Defense Mission where dropships kept unloading bots on the cliff that's lefthand of the first gates. It was fine until it dropped a Hulk up there that oneshotted both generators before anyone could do anything about it. GG A+++++ would be hosed again.

On the subject of using the Helipad, I tried that, but at least against bots, they were trying to get at me but as I dropped them one Hulk drat near climbed up the wall on a pile of bot bodies, so I hosed off out of there ASAP. Do not recommend.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Question Time posted:

My 7/8 success rate went way up for both bots and bugs when I switched to the strategy of “bring shield/quasar if someone has brought AC, else bring AC, constantly harass the team over voice to run away from enemy murderswarms when we die repeatedly.” Occasionally I have to drop the shield and take the AC and backpack dropped by someone who isn’t clearing mediums fast enough, but usually the breaker/breaker incendiary is good enough.

Are ... are you me??

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Ahhhh. The first time I ran into gunships and had an autocannon was at night and all I could see was the red light. It took forever to down one shooting the light. I guess I should have been aiming to the right (or left) of the light?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

causticBeet posted:

Throwing them on a breach or patrol after you call a strike so you kill more stuff, throwing them for free kills on chargers/spewers/stalkers, throwing them at stuff you need to run away from or throwing them on an overrun objective you wanna squeeze into to press a button at or whatever. Shield generator may cover some of these needs but that’s kind of my point with “why take a stratagem to do something your grenade slot can handle.”

Stun Mortar has become my go-to 4th load out item. They cooldown quickly, last a really long time and cover a huge area. a stun grenade doesn't even come close to it.

- outnumbered? stun
- huge patrol on your rear end that won't stop? stun
- need to keep poo poo off you while you use console? stun
- need to keep things from swarming rescue missions? stun
- hives/drops getting out of hand? stun
- evac too hot? stun

and you don't have to worry about TKs.

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Apr 29, 2024

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Holy poo poo. Meridia is gone.

:aaaaa:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yeah they really should have pumped the brakes on the warbonds. they can't fix basic stuff and keep shoving more on top of it

Companies have different departments and developer groups. They can do more than one thing at a time. They don't have all developers working on bug fixes.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

skasion posted:

What’s the best way to deal with chargers on max difficulty?

Max style points option: kite it in front of a Bile Titan before the shower of puke and let daddy long legs melt it.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Since the patch, on 30 minute missions I'm getting TONS of disconnects, game crashes, and randomly appearing back on the Destroyer. (PS5) I would say for every 30 minute mission I am able to complete, I have 2-3 that disconnects me right at the end. It's infuriating to spend 30 minutes and get nothing. I may have to stop playing until they fix the crashes. :smith:

Related question, is there anyway to get back to your team if the game crashes? I thought I could just hit the map and do quick match again. One time I did that it put me back in the same team, but I haven't had luck with other games. Maybe RNGesus was just with me that time.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Helldivers 2: Arguing about breaking bug legs

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Away all Goats posted:

Primary weapon wishlist:

A second Senator :blastu:

And Helldivers hold them sideways gangsta style.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

All this arguing is traitorous and undemocratic.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Chronojam posted:

They also have different names

Makes sense though. It would be weird if the friend had the same name as the Democracy Officer.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

SmellOfPetroleum posted:

When you hit the reinforcement reminder button, does the notification go only to the person you're spectating or to all living players?

I assumed it was only the spectated player, but if it's everyone I should start calling out names to bring me in near my kit if it's something I care about.

It goes to everyone. Quite a few times I've had two divers waiting to resupply and they all jiggle. I'm sure that it's not just that everyone spectates me 100% of the time.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

TRAITOR DETECTED

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

redreader posted:

Did a level 7 yesterday where we dropped next to a jammer which was within range of a gunship factory. People would die, ping 'reinforce me' and quit within about 5 seconds. One time I said 'I'm running to where I can reinforce you!" and the guy dropped anyway. Everyone dropped apart from me, I threw a beacon, we got some great guys and won even though I died right at the end. Do people not find adversity fun, or something?

No, they do not. A game in which you can fail because of outside circumstances is an anathema to them. C.f. people who bitch about getting hosed over in X-Com, Dwarf Fortress, etc.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

oh, I've been meaning to mention. Either I just missed it being mentioned, but I found out (the hard way) that Chargers and Spewers can 'come back from the dead.' I don't know if they are just knocked unconscious or if they are actually playing dead, but several times I've run past one of them that looks dead, only to have them get up and come after me.

lesson of the day: If it's not popped, it's not dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Bottom Liner posted:

A lot of enemy models glitch out and stop moving for a variety of reasons.

No, it’s different. They look dead with splayed out legs. The charger even leaks some kind of fluid. But then they get back up. I have it recorded, I’ll get an example.