Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Is there a trick to not getting kicked from every lobby I join to play this game?
More than half the time someone several levels higher than me is doing the same mission I selected from the map and then I wind up back in my ship and unable to play the game. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

ninjewtsu posted:

what is "the friend request issue"

I have like five friends on PS5 with pending invites from my PC character because something is broken. I can play with PS5 randos no issue :shrug:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Had a guy explode me with a barrage while I was ahead of him clearing out a bug outpost then he stole my grenade launcher so I shot him in the face and took it back :patriot:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

(on PS5) has anyone else had their loadout swap to default primary\secondary weapons or swapping the default emote on your diver? I've now jumped into more than one mission where I pulled out the pistol instead of the uzi and have the salute emote when I wanted to hug my bros :(

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

if I get exploded and drop all my samples and then dart back to where my corpse & equipment is, but the samples are missing -- is that likely because my team collected them while I was dead or did they just disappear?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Are rare samples only in hard/challenging levels or do they show up in easier missions? I think I might have met my limit on capabilities

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Oh poo poo, the sickle is my new best friend :swoon:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Sickle, laser dog and quasar cannon are my new default loadout. I took out a charger with a single shot to the face (couldn’t reproduce in the same mission despite trying) and ten seconds later exploded a bile spewer without even trying :smuggo:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Found out that the quasar cannon can close bug holes. If I get the stun grenades can they also close bug holes or should I bring something else along that can?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Thanks for the tips on where to aim the quasar cannon at chargers, thread!

https://youtu.be/GT-7E1uOEjo?si=pAnEtqxMgBEpfsGz

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Is there a trick I don’t understand on how to reload the AC? I ran through the loaded shots, was wearing the little backpack, but had no option to reload :confused:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I don't think it's related to recent patches but for some reason (PS5) my mic doesn't get picked up in-game?
I have it set to open comms and I'm hearing other people chatter in games but they can never hear me. PS party or whatever seems to work. Is this possibly related to cross-play?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Man I fuckin love the quasar cannon. Did my first serious bot mission in forever and hit every vent with a single shot and took out factories and drop ships. It was great!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Is there a mechanic I'm missing when multiple drop ships arrive consecutively? I took one out and another came in seconds later and I didn't have the charge ready for the quasar cannon :(

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

You'll also get a ton of dropships if you get caught by a detector tower or gunship's spotter eye.
This is likely what happened as I had very poor situational awareness at the time. Thanks!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I got matched on bug missions with the most dogshit partners who killed me twice in a row with bombing runs right when I redeployed and I left 19 samples way back away from where they ultimately fought three bugholes and ran out of reinforcements :mad:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Did a stratagem jammer mission last night and the completion bar said we got 5/5 eliminated but I was at the last base near the extraction zone and it still scrambled my stratagems. There was a terminal with an interact prompt but it didn't actually do anything when I pressed the button.
Not sure if this was just a weird glitch but I couldn't do anything else at the base.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cleaned house on a bug mission last night with the incendiary breaker. That thing fucks

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Managed to land directly onto a hellbomb to start a mission last night
https://i.imgur.com/6XSS6Xr.mp4

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

finally unlocked the grenade pistol and running around with that and the eruptor is fun as gently caress

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Question Time posted:

I just barely hit level 25 and ground up enough currency to get one warbond. Which should it be? I’ve been using breaker/redeemer/laserdog or shield/quasar or grenade launcher but it’s worked better against bots than bugs, and I’m jealous of the other loadouts gated by the warbonds.

Autocannon has seemed very underwhelming, worse than the quasar against heavy stuff and worse than the breaker (at short range) against mediums and lights, to say nothing of also meaning you can’t run a shield or laserdog. Amazing when you have support in the right situation, but I usually don’t. I suppose it requires light armor to reposition to hit weak spots fast, I need to break my default 150 armor/shield/stamina boost crutch habit and actually learn to use cover better but in light with an AC I die a lot to normal bot bullets.

I kind of feel like I’m trapped using the breaker because it’s the only thing that can fairly easily cut down the trains of 5-10 mediums that seem to spend a lot of time chasing everyone around on higher difficulties. The sickle or eruptor might work as well, but which to pick?

The incendiary breaker has been my mealticket until I could unlock the eruptor. Works just as well on bots as it does on bugs.
When you're the host and get all its advantages you become a complete wrecking crew between each reload.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

managed to dive through Pelican-1 last night and couldn't extract :(

https://i.imgur.com/kUQEFlr.mp4

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

novaSphere posted:

Was your movement completely locked? Usually when this happens you have to crawl back out through the bay door, because it only counts you if you cross that threshold and not if you clip through the hull. This can also happen if you reinforce into the Pelican

Movement was locked but I could still stim my health back. I swear it threw me underneath the ramp.

e: big air for the new page

https://i.imgur.com/FJwYT9p.mp4

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

BadLlama posted:

Question, has the game been very stable for people that last two days, in terms of disconnects?

I can't play for an hour without either mysteriously returning to my ship alone mid-mission or straight-up disconnecting from the game while still stuck inside a mission like this:

https://i.imgur.com/lnmN1MG.mp4

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Holy poo poo it’s at 97% done

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

caused a glitch last night while prepping a strategem and opening the mini-map right after landing

https://i.imgur.com/E3JH99J.mp4

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Does an EMP blast from the mortar nullify the mines or temporarily disable them?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

if I didn't depend on the safety net of the shield backpack I'd run the autocannon full-time

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

picked up an anti-material rifle from a POI last night and did some surprisingly good damage against bugs. Has the thread been sleeping on this or was it a fluke that things just worked out so well for me that run?
I might have to give it more attention and see if it's the real deal.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Man the eruptor is so good; just fire a volley into a crowd and walk away while reloading before you resight and dominate more of them.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

will an airburst be low enough to set off a planted hellbomb?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Fell into a hole in the geometry and the only way out was grenading myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGJj0dc5SBA

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Helped a friend on some lvl4 bug missions and they were full of fuckin’ hunters like mostly invisible but I’d shoot at one and it would gently caress off and come back a minute later chasing me :argh:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I'm finally going back and trying to master the Autocannon with bugs and have found some issues:
Charger: face\legs can deflect the shot. Aiming at the ground doesn't seem to make enough impact to even slow them down. I've tried shooting their butts but have also found ricocheting shots. What am I doing wrong?

Bile Titan: I'm used to aiming the Queso right at its face so that's what I tried with the AC but either the shots deflected or appeared to do no damage. Tried shooting the butt a bunch but also found some shots deflecting and not doing meaningful damage.

What am I doing wrong with the AC that bugs seem to neglect its potential? I've had no issues with anything else like this.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Thanks for all the replies about how to more effectively utilize the Autocannon :patriot:

I've sworn that I witnessed the Autocannon turret fire directly into a Charger's face and wipe it out, but maybe that is somehow a stronger utility than the one I can carry around? :confused:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

New flag missions on harder difficulty are rare but fun as hell

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I finally tried out the flamethrower on some bug 7s last night before the DOT fix and I'm absolutely a convert now.
Gotta take something still for the bigger boys but knocking out a charger in such a short amount of time is a game changer.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Flamethrower my new best friend. Arc Thrower second place now when squad knows what’s up.
Arrowhead where is my fiberglass insulated suit :argh:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I feel like the effective use of the arc thrower has me aiming above where I want the bolt to hit, is that right? I'm pretty sure I missed some close-up shots because I directed the bolt right into the ground instead of the enemy right in front of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

jokes posted:

I am looking forward to shooting down the Illuminates' war of the worlds style tripods that were leaked

Not having seen the designs won't it resemble a bile titan?