Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

so it says i need to spend 46 more medals to get page 4 unlocked for the free warbond thingbut i only have one item left and its only 15 medals, how do i spend 46 more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

nevermind im dumb

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

RoyalScion posted:

thats why you use the impact grenades ( i am terrible at tossing impact grenades into the top holes of automaton factories)

oh god drat i didnt know this was an option. i was playing solo while everything was broken and it was taking me forever to destroy these cause i was waiting for stratagem cooldowns

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

I would if I could access the settings.

you do it in nvidia settings, i dont think theres an option in game. i imagine AMD has the same thing

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

match making seems to be working now at least. although i keep getting kicked before the mission even starts for some reason. even from a goon i joined! i dont know why its so common

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Maybe don't announce a patch if you broke the game more than before lol

im glad they did! saw it and started playing and it works perfectly for me! get in immediately, get a full squad before the searching timer can even pop up and 6 missions worked from start to finish in a row before i quit to eat.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Legit Businessman posted:

^ ^ ^ The Railgun is probably best in slot for the support weapon at this point. I'm not sure that it scales to be the best if everyone is carrying it, but I do think that 2 players carrying them is very effective. ^ ^ ^

is there a trick to using this? i tried it, charged it to what i think was a full charge and it didnt even break the armor on a charger leg.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Nuebot posted:

It feels like a waste to bring any of the bombardment strategems imo. They don't, usually, destroy buildings or nail the hive/factory holes or anything and always seem to drop their explosions between the swarms of enemies rather than on top of them. Meanwhile calling in the air strike plane thing will just carpet bomb a whole area, take out any buildings or spawners and then kill anything in the vicinity.

yeah itd be better if all the orbitals had tracking for each shot like the laser and railgun considering how long they take to shoot and their cool downs.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

Can't get a new general order til the defense maps are done

Can't get the defense order done because they maps are annoying to do, leading to low participation.

Low participation means that those who try to force a win do so in vain because the planet falls anyways.

Planets falling despite the efforts of those actually trying to win means we can't get the defense order done.

It'll just time out into failure eventually but hopefully the devs change it so that we only need to defend one or two planets per order rather than a week. Server issues are one thing but most people are just grinding out bugs because it's easier.

e. Like if I wanted to put my nose to the grindstone again for these missions then I would look at this map and ask why I would even bother.

it also doesnt help that you can farm the evacuation missions for common and rare samples

Kly fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 26, 2024

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

LuiCypher posted:

*shrug* I do have L2 Orbital Guns, so the extra radius and barrage might be major contributing factors as to why I seem to be getting decent results with it. I have noticed a not-insignificant number of pubbies have barely upgraded ships (many seem to be focused on grinding XP and ignoring samples) and even those that do have upgrades don't upgrade their orbital guns.

i have fully upgraded orbitals and just a few hours ago i tried a couple operations with barrages and they were not great. dropped both the 380 and the other one into the middle of a large base together and got 1 out of the 5 factories. tried with the 380 and walking barrage, same result. meanwhile a single airstrike can often take out 2 easily and i can use another one 5 seconds after the first. and then another. then i can use another 3 in less time than a barrage cooldown. barrages are not good compared to pretty much every eagle strike option. you can level an entire large bot base, including the bots inside, with an air strike and a laser in the time it takes for one barrage to finish shooting.

they just need to make barrages auto target salvos around buildings first before they drop randomly, then theyd have an actual use. i cant think of any reason to take a barrage other than it looks/feels really cool to use.

jokes posted:

In case anyone else didn’t notice, when you pull up your map it shows you how many samples are available on the map. It’s a lot more than you’d think

you can go over the amount listed. samples inside the double button doors arent included in the total amount. i had a mission with 17/14 rare samples.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Jerkface posted:

AFAIK its not based on players.

im pretty sure it is affected by number of players as well. when i first got the game and matchmaking was broken and no one could login i played a bunch of solo lvl 4 missions and the number of enemies, especially chargers, seemed significantly less than when i did finally get into full squad games at the same level.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

CainFortea posted:

This doesn't work cause the bot drop ships just keep going where players are.

they also just go to the base even if no players are there. i was playing with a buddy who was farming samples on those missions and every time we went to extract after the timer there was always a pile of bots just standing around inside the base.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1763446944460947827

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

JBP posted:

Super citizen gets the premium warbond, armour that looks cool, but has an equivalent in the main (free) warbond and a DDR minigame on the ship. All the guns are in the warbonds.

You can easily buy the premium warbond by picking up money in game. In fact the free warbond lets you unlock currency very quickly.

E: whoops it does come with the Knight SMG. I've never used it lol.

their democracy officer also gets an eye patch

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Galaga Galaxian posted:

My democracy officer had an eyepatch even before I upgraded to Super Citizen.

JBP posted:

Mine does not have an eye patch and I'm a super citizen.

oh! the friends i play with who had eye patch officer all had super citizen and the ones who didnt buy it had no eye patch officer.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

does the muscle enhancement booster not work? some one told me it doesnt do anything today.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

are the dailies the same for everyone? i had a kill 100 guys with eagle strafing run and its really bad. drop it in a pile of bugs and it killed 8

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Chillgamesh posted:

I had that one yesterday. It's easy since the Strafing Run has a short cooldown and a lot of charges, so you can spam the hell out of it. Eagle stuff's overall cooldown doesn't start until the fighter rearms though so if you have multiple Eagle airstrikes equipped you won't get your charges back until either you order it to rearm or you spend all your charges on every airstrike. IMO the Strafing Run isn't that great compared to the Cluster Bomb or Napalm but at least it's hard to TK people with!

yeah i got it i just had never used it before and it seemed really bad

Away all Goats posted:

It wasn't too bad once I realized the attack pattern is unlike every other Eagle strategem; Instead of dropping the payload perpendicular to the player, the strafing run starts at the beacon and moves away from the player. It also helps that I have the extra Eagle payload so I had 4 loads before needing to rearm.

this might be the problem, i assumed it worked like the other eagle strikes i used where it drops perpendicular to where you throw it

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

the radar optional objective will reveal all POIs and make it super easy.

Kly fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 7, 2024

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Rectal Death Alert posted:

Finding the rock on some planets is pure luck and rarely happens unless you have 4 rambos running in 4 directions completing the entire map. Even then you'll miss it in forests.

other than the forest part this has not been my experience at all doings 7s with randoms. ive also barely had any bad experiences with random matchmaking though so maybe its my luck turning after 160 hours of awful darktide matchmaking luck.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i just did a lvl9 with randoms no voice coms and it was fine. all the complaints about the nerfs seem really overblown. the mission was even glitched so only one door had the scientists actually go to the shuttle, the other door theyd come out then walk a few feet and just stand around. everyone got out with all the super samples and half of the common/rares. we did miss 2 optionals but i blame having to take twice as long to evac the scientists.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

how valuable are the unlocks gated behind super rares? i'm reasonably certain that that difficulty level is unachievable for me (assuming I wanted to play into the stealth meta, which i don't anyway :v:)

the only one thats really good is the hanger upgrade that gives you an extra eagle strike before rearm. none of them are necessary.
also if you host the game you can run 7s and just grab the samples, do the main objective and extract. anyone who joins you wont be able to do anything about it.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Jerkface posted:

If I get grouped with skilled players we should be able to beat the hardest.

you can though. i normally play 7s with randoms but after seeing all the complaining i tried a 9 with randoms. no voice coms, 2 of us didnt have any anti armor support weapons and 1 didnt have any anti armor at all and we cleared the mission even with part of it being bugged and taking twice as long as it should have.

its confusing that people complaining seem to be having a drastically different experience than i am and im not really good or anything. the breaker feels the same for me but i did always crouch to shoot it and maybe you need to now? its still the best for dealing with bugs. and the railgun just takes one extra shot to do what it was doing before. the only thing i can think is people are staying and fighting pointless battles which is the main thing i see that i do differently in random games. if theres no objective theres no reason to fight and if there is an objective one person does it while the others fight.

Kly fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 7, 2024

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

deep dish peat moss posted:

I also refuse to use voice chat and I've beat difficulty 9 campaigns with random matchmaking groups who didn't have voice chat either :shrug:

yup. the tagging and com wheel are enough.
im starting to think jerkface hasnt actually tried playing on lvl9 with randoms yet

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Darox posted:

I want to see a video of you shooting chargers with a grenade launcher because in my experience the GL is garbage at hurting chargers. It bounces off most parts and if you do get good hits you get a nice stagger but even chaining repeated stagger hits it does barely any damage.

i use the gl most of the time on bug missions. theyre not bad but not great against chargers. the trick is to shoot under them aiming near their back end when theyre facing you. still takes 4-6 shots though.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

BitBasher posted:

The screen turned shaded/dark while waiting for the post game stats to show then just... never changed. I quit after 5 or 6 minutes. I'm going to go play Minecraft someone yell when it's working

if you right click youll exit the screen and can keep playing

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

BitBasher posted:

What ps5 button is right click?

i dont know. right click is aim so maybe whatever you use to aim? or the button you use to leave a menu. i wasnt getting stuck on the stats screen when i was playing 30minutes ago so i think its fixed anyway, but try it next time it happens.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

also lol mechs are a waste of a slot

i dont know about that, i took out 4 titans in around 30 seconds during an evac. earlier in the mission a took out 2 titans and at least 5 chargers while we were on an objective. ive never been able to do with any other stratagem.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

how do you melee attack with the mech? i push the button i use for melee on foot but nothing happens.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

blastron posted:

I’ve been telling people to just call in extraction and sit there patiently without calling anything down or shooting at any patrols. The extraction beacon doesn’t seem to draw any attention to itself, so if nobody has any clue that you’re there, you can just hide behind a wall for two minutes and extract with all of your samples intact.

this is not the case on 7+ missions at least. the game spawns patrols right near the evac beacon and they path directly to it, you can see it happen when you take the UAV booster.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Aipsh posted:

It'll track the calldown as it moves as long as it's stuck

this isnt true for air strikes at least. with the extra call down time modifier ive had a strike stick to a jumping bug, had it jump right beside me with the orb on it still and the strike hit back where it first sent the beam up. the blue item call ins do seem to track where the beacon is though

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

1stGear posted:

The numbers on all of them were barely budging despite tens of thousands of players on each.

Meanwhile, I'm not certain if they've deliberately cranked the amount needed on Malevelon Creek as high as it can go or if the community has just given up on ever liberating that planet.

Fenrir III was often within a 3-6 hours of liberating most days but lost a lot progress every night. The other barrier planets for terminids always had a negligible number of players on them at most (all?) times, in the low 5 figures. same with Malevelon Creek.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

you'd think the grenade launcher would be an anti bug weapon, but its really not. Way too easy to kill yourself against bugs. It is however amazing against bots. There is nothing better for instantly clearing a bot drop or killing a patrol at maximum speed. It can also destroy tanks and cannon turrets with weakpoint shots, and shredder tanks right in the turret. And its great at berserker columns. The only bot unit the GL is bad against is Hulks

My favorite thing to do is to pump grenade shots into the underside of a bot dropship and see bot parts spray everywhere.

It can kill bot fabricators but it takes some practice + a good angle to do so.

it absolutely is an anti bug weapon. it doesnt arm unless it shoots far enough so if somethings too close it just bounces away. you can take out 2-3 nests depending on size with one mag. it melts the big butt spitter bugs with 2 shots often taking out mutiple of them and easily clears packs of bugs 10 kills per shot.

its ok on bots too. the drop pod clearing is great. scorcher does most of what the GL does against bots though, including taking out canon towers.

Kly fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 13, 2024

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

BastardySkull posted:

We had a bug today where we couldn't get into the shuttle after hitting it with a 500kg and other stuff. Extraction shuttle issues are the top comment on the patch thread on Reddit. People are saying they've seen theirs take damage, smoke and set on fire and bug out.

In our game it was at a funny angle, when we ran out of reinforcements it still took off.

I really hope they don't add mechanics for the shuttle to take damage, it's too much bait for trolls.

its been like that before todays patch too. i blasted our pelican with mech rockets and no one could get in after. another time some one dropped 380s right on the evac and the same thing happened. seems if you set it on fire it wont take off.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

yeah and like the other guy mentioned if you want to risk it you bounce it off the ground first into the the bug/chainsawbot

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

ive had 2/3 games crash on me so far. all were using the sickle so maybe thats the problem but its definitely worse than it was before

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Horace Kinch posted:

Who else keeps crashing to desktop today? I can't finish a single mission.

are you using the sickle and/or confusion booster?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Ravenfood posted:

Wait free how? I just unlocked them recently and tried to make them work against Chargers. They didn't do so well.

yeah people keep talking about them being good but other than one time it one shot a charger theyve done absolutely nothing for me after probably 100 or so uses. ive watched them direct hit a charger dozens of times and they just dont care at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

turn off the TV posted:

nope

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1betnlf/something_is_out_there/

i doubt that this means there's going to be a release anytime soon but it's neat

that just the charger walking into the explodey blue plants. ive blown up my mech on those before