Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
What is the hell is the Blitzer Arc Shotgun supposed to be for? It feels absolutely terrible, slower racking than the punisher and with lower damage per shot. I couldn't keep up and eventully just switched to the machine pistol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Has anyone tried the new arc thrower shotgun thing from the battlepass yet

Yes, it felt incredibly weak. I don't understand what its supposed to be for. At least the Plasma Punisher can shoot in parabolic arcs.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

I have had less crashes since refusing to play with others using arc weapons. I think I’ve had one crash in the last couple of days, vs multiple per session.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

The game certainly is crashy. I wonder if the revolving door was people crashing. Worth making sure graphics drivers are up to date and verify your Steam files.

Yeah, I verified a week or so ago and had 3 corrupt files, the same as others have reported. Can't say if it improved stability or not.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Watch your surroundings when picking off Shriekers!

I kill one that's diving and barely survive, but kill my buddy behind me. Literally a second later our teammate splats himself the same way.

https://i.imgur.com/MiSz62j.mp4

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Tommy the Newt posted:

I only recently started using the scorcher but I think it's my new favourite, it's fantastic for bots as it has a higher ROF than the slugger so you can quickly deal with groups of smaller enemies while also dealing with scout striders in 2 hits from pretty much any angle. It's pretty decent against bugs as well too, I haven't had many instances of splash damage and it's pretty good for just indiscriminately blapping at groups of hiveguards and brood commanders. I suspect the reason it doesn't get talked about that much is the high medal cost to reach it. (edit: I haven't had ammo problems with it).

I also love the Scorcher, but I do feel like I’m constantly on the hunt for ammo now. Especially when I become the defacto bile spewer popper.

But it’s the only primary that feels like it can handle everything except for Titans.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Good luck out there today Helldivers.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

It's my fault for playing too much, but this hurts to see.

I wish there was a medal sink, even if it's just a dumb cosmetic or title.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

ponzicar posted:

Did you buy literally everything from all 3 warbonds?! I'm impressed.

Yep, and I'm capped on everything else

I haven't been this locked into a game since I was a kid. It helps that one of my old highschool buddies has been playing a ton also.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Spookydonut posted:

you want the sickle 100%

People who main Sickle, have you unlocked the Scorcher? I never really felt like I needed to return to it, and now I'm flirting with the Eruptor.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

space uncle posted:

I haven’t grabbed Eruptor yet but I often switch between Sickle and Scorcher.

Against Bots-
I grab Scorcher on hot and planets and Sickle on cold planets and then normal planets are kind of a coin flip. I think Sickle pairs better with AC, so if I notice all 3 teammates have ACs then I will run Scorcher + Anti Armor. Need either scorcher or AC to deal with Scout Striders IMO.

Against bugs- I haven’t run Scorcher yet because I feel like the splash will kill me. I love the Sickle but also still like the Slugger against them. Is scorcher good against the bile spewers?

I love the Scorcher on bugs, but you have to get used to switching to your secondary / support for close engagements, like you guessed. It's great for the spewer types WITHOUT the armored head(nursing?). For armored ones you seem to have to shoot the sac or switch(it still damages with headshots, but only white, so they take a full magazine to go down).

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

pro tip: go into the graphics options and set Volumetric Fog Quality to Lowest, and you'll excise the awful blinding haze that all lights emit at night

This is Un-Democratic! If able you must endure the hardship of foggy lighting!

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

I love the stalwart and it is my favored support weapon, but do not engage with a charger if that's all you got. Just walk away.

Why do you not simply pop its butt with your Scorcher? Or impact grenade its open and shoot them with your Scorcher. Or run away. With your Scorcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

https://x.com/maritaroko/status/1790753592749572313?s=46