Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Yeah but is it gonna crash every 15 minutes on the Xbox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
that patch is insane, like the kind of things literally every other survival crafter is afraid to do for spoiling their core gameplay cycle by making it too "easy"

I don't know what their long term plan is to push to 1.0 but they've already made more improvements in 3 months then most of these EA games make in 3 years.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Supposedly new schematic/alpha Pal correlations:

Quivern - Musket
Verdash - Single shot rifle
Vaelet - Double barrel shotgun

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

quote:

・You can now allow/disallow certain work for base Pals at the Monitoring Stand

This is amazing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

pentyne posted:

that patch is insane, like the kind of things literally every other survival crafter is afraid to do for spoiling their core gameplay cycle by making it too "easy"

I don't know what their long term plan is to push to 1.0 but they've already made more improvements in 3 months then most of these EA games make in 3 years.

It's funny they try not to ruin that gameplay cycle when the difficulty is almost entirely based on how much time you spend collecting resources, almost always just by clicking on em nearby. Its not a fun gameplay loop on its own but too many crafting games only have it as their main deal bc they never much figured out what would be fun to do with all the poo poo you crafted to survive besides make more poo poo of higher tier.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

a sexual elk posted:

Yeah but is it gonna crash every 15 minutes on the Xbox?

Yeah I’m waiting for the Xbox release as well. Fortunately I can play on PC too!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

EorayMel posted:

Supposedly new schematic/alpha Pal correlations:

Quivern - Musket
Verdash - Single shot rifle
Vaelet - Double barrel shotgun

That poor Verdash doesn’t know what is coming yet!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The work command menu is basically the same as Rimworld.
I love it

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Well the ore mining site doesn't produce nearly enough ore for early-mid game so ore base it will be.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This makes refined ingots more valuable than pal-metal ingots, because Ore and Stone are infinite but Coal is limited.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

they already were strangely

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah, palmetal was already way easier than refined metal in every way but smelting time because paldium is functionally infinite.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Protip if you're playing in a personal/offline/solo server. You can adjust how fast the days and nights progress through time. Setting it to higher in the server settings menu will also make the sealed realm alpha Pals respawn so much faster.

Even if you don't touch the time settings, sleeping in the evening and jumping ahead normally will also reduce the respawn timer.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does sleeping advance egg timers?
I swear one had 45 minutes and then 15 minutes after I slept.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

yea

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

sleeping will advance tasks as well, probably growth

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJolYw8tnk

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Don't forget to use your monitor for precise work coverage! Thing is for me it amounts to too many decisions :( I'll get there eventually but it certainly changes the pals you want at any given time

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

For those of you who are struggling with coal & ore production,

Javid posted:

boy this IS a spot, isn't it

This is located at 190, -24 - it's on a plateau really high up, you'll never have to sweat base raids either. You have to build a little gingerly around the coal & ore nodes but I've got all my late-game manufacturing going on there.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

5er posted:

This is located at 190, -24 - it's on a plateau really high up, you'll never have to sweat base raids either. You have to build a little gingerly around the coal & ore nodes but I've got all my late-game manufacturing going on there.

Sweet, thanks. I'm playing this again after all the patch changes - is there anywhere that does coal & sulfur? I've never found either of them since I keep playing on different servers at pretty low level and got stuck on the ore grind before.

My big problem right now is even with 2 pals set to transport, my base by the church is littered with ore and lumber on the ground. The eithkyrdeer won't use the logging site I built for him, no matter how often I throw him at it.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 9, 2024

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

5er posted:

I built there once and ringed the entire area with walls to keep all the pals in and stop them from seeking the sweet release of death accidentally falling off the cliffs. Turns out pals see walls as more of a suggestion to be ignored or a challenge to be overcome. Best guess is it was some kind of zone loading jankiness as there was absolutely no way for them to physically walk outside of the walls, but at the same time there was also absolutely no reason to even be out by the perimeter of the area in the first place.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

trevorreznik posted:

Sweet, thanks. I'm playing this again after all the patch changes - is there anywhere that does coal & sulfur? I've never found either of them since I keep playing on different servers at pretty low level and got stuck on the ore grind before.

My big problem right now is even with 2 pals set to transport, my base by the church is littered with ore and lumber on the ground. The eithkyrdeer won't use the logging site I built for him, no matter how often I throw him at it.

Pals are just poo poo-tastic about transporting stuff it seems- or even doing their primary type of work... except for when you're offline and leaving them to their own devices on a dedicated host. I've noticed that pals are a little more efficacious if you're away from base too. What's funny is that when they put out the first big patch, pals were absolutely worse at doing work on dedicated hosts when the player was offline, but on the second patch which fixed a lot of pal base behavior & patching, their work rate spiked to amazing output. If you're using deer to log, I think your main problem is that you've got low-level dudes with minimal points in work fields. It'll get better for you I think with levels and better-caught pals.

bird food bathtub posted:

I built there once and ringed the entire area with walls to keep all the pals in and stop them from seeking the sweet release of death accidentally falling off the cliffs. Turns out pals see walls as more of a suggestion to be ignored or a challenge to be overcome. Best guess is it was some kind of zone loading jankiness as there was absolutely no way for them to physically walk outside of the walls, but at the same time there was also absolutely no reason to even be out by the perimeter of the area in the first place.

I have been at that site now for around a month and a half- some time shortly after the 2nd major patch. My 'safety fence' is a lot of palisade wall cutting off drops in the blue circle interior, and regular walls where I put down foundation to deal with uneven terrain annoyances. I've had no falls or drops in all that time. Pals respect barriers much better since a hotfix some time after the 2nd patch- I was still seeing pals stranding / starving themselves atop ore nodes they were supposed to be mining until that fix.

One thing that's STILL a problem though, is deploying anything that flies as a base worker. I liked to have faleris and ragnahawks out for fire duty but THOSE were the guys that would get stuck in weird places or make it over any walls. Just restrict your workforce to ground pals and everybody ought to respect the boundaries.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Xbox version is up, noting that the egg condenser is not working so you'll need to tear yours down and make it again. That's supposed to be hot fixed soon. Some bugs were fixed, but not all.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

5er posted:

I built one chest and a palbox there. With the changes to digtoise's harvest speed he almost breaks the nodes faster than you can ferry the ore/coal to the chest.

Is automation at bases you don't visit working yet? when I tried nothing would be harvested when I got back, but that was two patches ago

5er
Jun 1, 2000

padijun posted:

I built one chest and a palbox there. With the changes to digtoise's harvest speed he almost breaks the nodes faster than you can ferry the ore/coal to the chest.

Is automation at bases you don't visit working yet? when I tried nothing would be harvested when I got back, but that was two patches ago

You'll still find litter on the ground to pick up but storage boxes are still getting filled. If you're quitting out of a dedicated host for a while, like the rest of the day or something, when you come back the next day there ought to be a lot more stuff in storage. Pals are a little iffy on whether or not they'll move stone or wood off of the stone or wood harvesting plots, but they'll at least have some progress in them if you've got sufficient mining / lumber pals out.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

5er posted:

If you have a bunch of rank 2 or higher miners, and some rank 3 gathering, they can strip mine the entire place so fast that they just kind of idle around waiting for the respawn.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Xbox patch erases MP saves, warning. Do not create a new character until fix is out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had a base full of level 40 Pals and decided to try out the raid boss.

She decided to laser me straight in the face and blew up my house for good measure.

It wasn't until late in the fight I realized I could swap Pals from the box. Woulda won if I had done that sooner!!!

Anyone try to make a killbox with a bunch of turrets or would she just insta vaporize those as well?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkRm8KFxxy4

PVP, looks like a clusterfuck but i'll be damned if I don't appreciate that it's triple battles, the BEST battle type pokemon ever made.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Any suggestions for a nice wide flat base? Now that there's the Ore Mining sites, no need for a base with ore, and I have one with coal. But I wanted to find a place for maximum placement of production buildings.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mayveena posted:

Any suggestions for a nice wide flat base? Now that there's the Ore Mining sites, no need for a base with ore, and I have one with coal. But I wanted to find a place for maximum placement of production buildings.

There's a huge flat clearing on the southernmost of the two northeast starting islands, iirc

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Mayveena posted:

This is my favorite 'flat, clear base' spot. No terrain bullshit for the entire palbox radius, and any raids that spawn seem to just bumblefuck around the lower ground level without ever getting into your base. This isn't a great place for resource gathering but if you're looking for like a 3rd base that will be dedicated for plantations or a breeding ranch, this spot is really good.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah that spot is great. There's another one up on a hill just south of the Anubis desert too that is flat, open, and raids bug out on the terrain. Away from my PC but I suspect someone will come along with cords shortly.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I now have a male and female Blazamut with Flame Emperor, Ferocious, and Lucky. They are both chain-loving Suzaquas with Musclehead, but so far no dice.

I have SO MANY Blazamuts.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'm up to close to 400 jorm ignis bred over the past five days trying to achieve ferocious/musclehead/vanguard/stronghold. I finally got vanguard to pop yesterday, managed to get to a pair with the traits between both of them yesterday night, and today went thru 80 or so eggs without seeing the combination I want yet. RNG really seems to hate this pal species.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I kinda relieved that Frostallion can only be produced be breeding with itself, so trying to get ideal passives on it is a non-starter. Does it come with the Ice version of Flame Emperor? If so I'll probably end up breeding that onto some other Ice type when I go after Jetragon.

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Apr 12, 2024

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I kinda relieved that Frostallion can only be produced be breeding with itself, so trying to get ideal passives on it is a non-starter. Does it come with the Ice version of Flame Emperor? If so I'll probably end up breeding that onto some other Ice type when I go after Jetragon.

Jormuntide Ignis has the same issue. You catch an M and an F and you just let them breed until the passives you want appear, then you put those offspring together until you've got the passive stack you want. As I described it takes patience and quite a few cakes. And, of course you don't have access to any special passives that can only be transferred from its original species through breeding.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

After three days patience and careful selection, I have produced a Legend / Swift / Runner / Nimble Jetragon.

I hopped on its back, got airborne and then pressed shift, and the theme music for Neverending Story kicked in.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

5er posted:

After three days patience and careful selection, I have produced a Legend / Swift / Runner / Nimble Jetragon.

I hopped on its back, got airborne and then pressed shift, and the theme music for Neverending Story kicked in.

Immediately followed by the game crashing and your graphics card catching on fire, I'm assuming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

In other news, the Raid bosses are susceptible to campfires. Wonder if that's intended?