Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

If anyone is having trouble connecting to a multiplayer host from a 'Recent Servers' remembered entry, try using the host's IP instead. I was just having this issue with the host I've got running. 'Remembered' would always time out, but the direct IP connect got through without a holdup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
What Palworld are you playing that isn't rife with incest.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
*nervously looks at breeding pens*

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:blastu:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:hellyeah:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
are recipes for legendary assault rifle/missile launcher only found in dungeon chests or what, I've found a legendary handgun and crossbow recipe but have only found rare-level AR and ML recipes despite all my efforts

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

no i'm pretty sure theyre overworld boss drops with a 2% chance or whatever the real percentage is

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Captain Invictus posted:

are recipes for legendary assault rifle/missile launcher only found in dungeon chests or what, I've found a legendary handgun and crossbow recipe but have only found rare-level AR and ML recipes despite all my efforts

The alpha Blazamut has a 3% chance to drop the legendary assault rifle schematic. I got my legendary handgun schematic out of a RNG chest in the world, and I got the legendary rocket launcher schematic from doing the volcano tower boss. I know that the alpha Suzaku in the desert also has a 3% chance to drop the legendary shotgun schematic.

Catching->butchering will give you another shot of getting the schematic out of the Pals that drop them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ugh

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's not too bad once you get a pal that wrecks the boss. Just a bit boring way to farm them.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Legendary
Handgun: Beakon
Assault Rifle: Blazamut
Shotgun: Suzaku
Rocket Launcher: Jetdragon

Pal Metal Helm: Frostallian
Cold Pal Metal Armor: Paladius
Hot Pal Metal Armor: Necromus

3% chance per. Capture and butcher for another shot.

There's other legendaries but butchering Chillet for a headband isn't worth it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
drat, didn't realize those were specific mob drops, that kinda sucks. I'd rather it be a 1% chance from locked chests and such. well thank you for the list!

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

yah, If you get a world boss as a end of dungeon boss, they also have a chance to drop it. I stopped farming for the legendary BP because I was killing things to get a drop to make it easier to kill the things i was farming. not a fun game loop.

others are
Bushi for the crossbow
Chillet gets a headband
kingpaca the old bow< sucks so bad, standard crossbow is better
there are legendary gear for hide, metal, refined metal, and i think hot and cold versions

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hadn't actually beaten Jetdragon yet, only got merc'd by it while passing by one time, so I went and caught it and it gave me two blueprints. then I went and got another frostallion and it gave me two blueprints as well, so that's rad.

then I went and tried to take on the two centaurs and got just unbelievably hosed, bodied in ways never thought possible. how the hell do you beat those bastards, I took a frostallion and it and a (rare, haven't gotten the 550 PM ingots for the legendary launcher yet) rocket launcher and AR and shotgun to them, and accomplished gently caress all. the rocket launcher does do a good job at knocking them down, but it's so slow to reload and does so little damage(about 140 a hit, when they have over 8k hp) that I inevitably get nailed enough times by their ridiculous attacks that I eventually die since there's no cover where you fight them

managed to get a few legendary pal sphere tosses in and almost caught the dark centaur after some of the knockdowns, but only at 6% chance so it broke out every time, and the hitbox seems a bit hosed with pals after being hit with the rocket launcher, they don't seem to have a pal sphere hitbox for the first second after being hit so a lot of the time the thrown sphere will just clip right through them

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

I hadn't actually beaten Jetdragon yet, only got merc'd by it while passing by one time, so I went and caught it and it gave me two blueprints. then I went and got another frostallion and it gave me two blueprints as well, so that's rad.

then I went and tried to take on the two centaurs and got just unbelievably hosed, bodied in ways never thought possible. how the hell do you beat those bastards, I took a frostallion and it and a (rare, haven't gotten the 550 PM ingots for the legendary launcher yet) rocket launcher and AR and shotgun to them, and accomplished gently caress all. the rocket launcher does do a good job at knocking them down, but it's so slow to reload and does so little damage(about 140 a hit, when they have over 8k hp) that I inevitably get nailed enough times by their ridiculous attacks that I eventually die since there's no cover where you fight them

managed to get a few legendary pal sphere tosses in and almost caught the dark centaur after some of the knockdowns, but only at 6% chance so it broke out every time, and the hitbox seems a bit hosed with pals after being hit with the rocket launcher, they don't seem to have a pal sphere hitbox for the first second after being hit so a lot of the time the thrown sphere will just clip right through them

Paladius sleeps but Necromus doesn't so you can strike at night and hopefully fight one at a time.

Option B is just ambush throw with the sphere, bail if it doesn't work and keep trying until you get a 1% catch.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I accidentally woke Paladius up halfway through the battle and then the two of them beat my rear end, but the sphere I threw just before I died ended up capturing Necromus over my bloody corpse.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

how the hell do you beat those bastards, I took a frostallion and it and a (rare, haven't gotten the 550 PM ingots for the legendary launcher yet) rocket launcher and AR and shotgun to them, and accomplished gently caress all.

Exploitey way: Get a bunch of Frostallions (or boss shadowbeaks, if you got those) and a rocket launcher. Pop a base just outside of boss range, spawn your army, pull bosses. Wait for them to freeze, shoot their feet, watch them die to fall damage.

Non-exploitey way: Respec for attack, get two max attack pendants. Get a max condensed Helzephyr with Stronghold Strategist and Vanguard along with two movement skills. Fill the rest of your team with max condensed gobfins with Vanguard and Stronghold Strategist. Make 3-4 legendary rocket launchers so you can rotate through them all before having to reload... which shouldn't be a concern as they're dead.

I highly recommend doing the exploitey way and turning on triple spawns because the drop rate is insanely low and the work to do it properly is ridiculous.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I only have a single max condensed pal and that's my original Nitewing(as well as a dino gura cattiva because you can literally just fly around and launch spheres from above and auto-catch cattivas around the initial spawn area so it took 5 minutes), I don't think I'd want to grind pals to condense anything else. I got the legendary pal helm and rocket launcher and I'm gonna get the legendary shotgun recipe too, that + soul buffing my frostallion hopefully will make a difference next time.

I have 3 bases already, so I can't build any more. plus I'm not super keen on exploiting endgame boss AI, like, yeah they're bullshit hard especially as a duo, but I don't want to just glitch them out or whatever to trivialize them either. I want it to be an actual good fight. I'll cook up some buffing food as well for the next time.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

McTimmy posted:

Legendary
Handgun: Beakon
Assault Rifle: Blazamut
Shotgun: Suzaku
Rocket Launcher: Jetdragon

Pal Metal Helm: Frostallian
Cold Pal Metal Armor: Paladius
Hot Pal Metal Armor: Necromus

3% chance per. Capture and butcher for another shot.

There's other legendaries but butchering Chillet for a headband isn't worth it.

I didn't find out until I just needed the pal armors but there's a mod on nexus mods that bumps up the chance to 10 or 25 if you just wanna get it over with.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I would really like to know if there's a legendary single shot rifle schematic out there.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

5er posted:

I would really like to know if there's a legendary single shot rifle schematic out there.

As far as I know there isn't. Datamining hasn't found anything.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I want it to be an actual good fight.

Pokemon battles don't really exist right now. There's just too EA jank for that. You can absolutely make a monster mount, or crank player damage (which is much easier), but the tightly tuned fight when you're moving around and actively swapping pals strategically doesn't work.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
My original base (close to the start) has a stone pit and has stone and the miners are mining it. My next base has a stone pit and the miners won't mine it. I can try to put them on the stone pit, but they won't mine it, not even the level 2 miners. What do I need to do to get the stone pit mined? Thanks in advance.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Are they trying to mine ore or coal instead? As far as I know you can't really override whatever job preferences are coded in. Generally my guys will move to the stone pit only after they've mined out all the deposits in the base, though also they sometimes prefer that over the deposits, and I can see no clear reason why.

Also there's no good way to get pals to pick things up and put it in storage if you're not in your base is there? I've been struggling for ages trying to get a functional setup to have someone gather the wheat/berries I'm growing and stick them in containers, but it's not going well.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mailer posted:

Pokemon battles don't really exist right now. There's just too EA jank for that. You can absolutely make a monster mount, or crank player damage (which is much easier), but the tightly tuned fight when you're moving around and actively swapping pals strategically doesn't work.

Huh? That's how I beat the bosses, didn't rely on shooting very much

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
You can definitely have pals fight for you, but their AI is pretty bad. Since my gun didn't cause any drops (a bug which I don't know if they've fixed yet) I had to do all my hunting with pals.

Pals only single target, so will waste that big AoE attack chasing down one member of a big group every time, and seem to use their attacks in rough order, so if you have a close range attack, will need to run all the way to the target first, even if they have long range options. That last thing is more of an issue for using them to fight bosses.

It'd be nice if they added some way to customize your Pal's battle AI, telling it what moves to prioritize and distance to engage etc.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Huh? That's how I beat the bosses, didn't rely on shooting very much

I can't imagine what kind of a demon you'd have to raise to beat P&N purely on the strength of a pal. Especially without (as noted in the post I replied to) no condensation or tricks to get overpowered. If you really beef up a mountable one that's another story, since being able to smash out big damage attacks without praying the AI decides to work is good.

The story bosses... probably? Like if you got a really good one and matched for bonus weakness damage and everything it's probably fine. AI will hurt you more there. The last boss I tried to do normally required like ten minutes of unsummoning/resummoning to watch an idiot Blazamut do 1-2 attacks and stand there motionless.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't imagine playing this game trying to use only pals and not getting involved yourself. especially since enemies will switch targets frequently.

like if I'm just loving around I have my Nitewing set to aggressive following me around and just chuckle at the scrolling kill feed as it murders everything in sight while I'm grabbing some ore or something, but for actual combat I feel like you gotta get involved yourself. that's most of the fun, I love dodging a devastating attack and jumping into a galeclaw glide which I strafe with to fire off half a dozen shotgun blasts to the dome of whatever I'm fighting as I glide around them. meanwhile my Nitewing is either firing off a solar blast, grass tornado, or the whirlwind + dash attack it has that half the time results in it getting stuck in terrain

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ah I wasn't thinking of their chosen restrictions. I like condensing and breeding too much to just skip it. And I meant the story bosses not the big final legendary duo. I actually caught one of a lucky random throw but it feels unearned so I haven't used it yet.

For fighting the story bosses with pals, using weapons mostly to distract boss and get it to chase me, I had to very much babysit each Pal. You shoop em up when a big attack comes and the bosses telegraph em pretty well, spit em back out to hopefully do their better attacks, and cycle through to regen them while attacking with lesser pals good enough clones.

I assume the bosses being as hard as they are is specifically to provide a challenge and reason to bother with getting higher level weapons or legendary plans or upgrading your pals more.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What are people putting their leveling points into?

Is there any penalty for respeccing now that they fixed the effigy bug?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Spanish Matlock posted:

It'd be nice if they added some way to customize your Pal's battle AI, telling it what moves to prioritize and distance to engage etc.

From what I could tell it simply goes top to bottom in the move list, so you can rearrange the move set to use longer range attacks first. Never figured out how using stuff on different cooldowns interacted though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
well, a lot of things happened in quick succession: I captured and butchered about 7 alpha suzakus before I finally got the drat legendary shotgun schematic, I crafted all the legendary weapons, then I went to take on the centaurs

necromus got caught by a really lucky 85% health 7% chance legendary sphere after knocking him down with a rocket

which made paladius an absolute pushover without the threat of necromus shooting lasers at me constantly

neither dropped their schematics upon capture, so I went back home and butchered paladius, and because this game is Very Well Coded, his butcher drops clipped through the ground and fell out of world, so I'll have to go catch another one regardless of whether the butchering dropped the schematic or not. but butchering necromus yielded his armor schematic, so now I've got all of the legendary equipment besides paladius's

then I decided to try my luck at the one remaining boss I hadn't been able to take down yet, victor

I was doing really well, getting him down to about 20% health with 3 or 4 minutes to go, and then the batteries in my mouse died. while I scrambled to swap a replacement in, he nailed me with a laser beam which really did a number on me, then a couple unlucky hits in the rest of the fight finished me off, probably would've taken him out easily at the rate I was going if not for that inopportune mouse death. went back in and did it again, spent like 80 rockets while frostallion whittled away at him, but finally took him out.

probably going to keep playing a bit, finish up the paldex, and then call it until whatever updates they plan to put in get added.

I really enjoyed this game! I'm super shocked that it turned out as good as it did, but I'm glad for it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What happens when you dismantle your base? I need to move my base since I set up my main base next to my first teleport. I have so much stuff there :(

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What happens when you dismantle your base? I need to move my base since I set up my main base next to my first teleport. I have so much stuff there :(

From what I could tell all your pals go back into your palbox immediately and your structures begin decaying until there's a palbox in the vicinity like before. You don't instantly lose your fields or workbenches.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If you have anything placed partially outside the building zone, it'll get demolished, I think.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Structures that are only allowed in bases (like farms etc) are instantly demolished.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I play on both Xbox and PC. On PC I had found a really nice space for a base, made a base there and everything was hunky dory. Same place on Xbox and I'm getting continually attacked by the various pals in the neighborhood, namely the Robin pal and the gale flying pal. Why? Is there anything I can do to stop these attacks? I have Raids turned off on both platforms, but having my base pals spend a third of their time fighting, slows down production.

Any help much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Some stuff will instantly break (farms, incubators, workbenches other than simple/high-quality/repair), other stuff like chests and structures will remain, but start to decay. All pals instantly go back in the box. Moving a base is not so bad, especially if you can load yourself up with ten tons of materials and then grapple yourself to the pal box to fast travel to the new one. Also note that you can break the pal box from the map as well (does the same thing as disassembling it), meaning you can do it from the new base if that's more convienient.