Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Countdown until they announce they are putting all resources towards a sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

SettingSun posted:

This game has a strange amount of hype and buzz. It looks like an ARK clone with legally distinct not-Pokemon lmao. But it's on Gamepass so lots of people are going to be trying it.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like it scratches that harvest moon / rune factory itch mixed with a healthy dose of digital cock fighting.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I enjoyed Conan Exiles for what it was, but one of my main disappointments with it was that the slave system was pretty much cosmetic. You could assign them to crafting station and they would play a canned animation and give a bonus to it but that was about it. You couldn't have them mine or harvest resources for you, which is like the whole point of having a slave really.

Palworld at least seems to get that system right. There's something satisfying about watching a small army of unpaid critters doing all the poo poo work for you.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

Once it hit 5 million sales I started thinking Nintendo would show up to their offices.

To get a port on their next console in 2025 (once it's out of early access, and I'm assuming Xbox has some form of exclusivity)

Yeah, I think things have crossed the line from a bunch of executives furiously on the phone with their lawyers to sue the devs into oblivion, to a bunch of executives furiously on the phone to make reservations at the most expensive restaurants in Japan in order to convince the devs to come work for them.

It's funny how money changes things.