Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Didn't know what to expect buying this game but i've been enjoying it. Had a few crashes but the game seemed to autosave when I had to crash out so I never lost any progress which is quite nice.

I'm the psycho who see's 100 berries and goes...yes. I'll cook them all for easy xp and it totally works. Got 2 levels just from burning up berries for my sla....uh. Pets to eat.

Some of the beast you can tame are pretty drat strong and drat near 1 shot some enemies which is quite handy to have. Did a dungeon and about to hit the tower. Fun times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I'm slightly curious how I'm doing in terms of "efficiency" (crazy to care about in an early access game possibly) but I'm on day 10 level 17. How are other people looking currently?

Did get my first Pal that I built a submachine gun for but he's so good in my camp I need to find another to strap up!!

edit: Also, I LOVE that you can beat that someone higher level then you and actually capture them! They don't "down level" to your current level which is bad rear end.
Between catching a Dinossom and a Eikthyrdeer + a constant Daedream (2 companion's out at the same time) is REALLY fun
And I got my mount for my Direhowl. I'm tickled running around

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 20, 2024

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Valdent posted:

Is investing in attack with stat points worth doing? Hp stamina and weight are all obvious good picks as per any survival crafting game but at 2 points a level I have to wonder how much of a difference atk makes versus scouring the map for better quality schematics of weapons

I don't feel like it is until higher level weapons. The crossbow (i have the uncommon recipe from a chest) does like 345 damage or something. Before that? Nah.........the Pals do the heavy lifting and don't be afraid to try and tame something higher level than you are. poo poo, I captured the Mammoth that wanders around by sheer dumb luck (I believe he was 15 levels above me when I rolled the dice w/ a mega ball)
I was expecting big spikes in damage, as we all start melee, but I would say do NOT do attack maybe?
Maybe i'm horribly wrong, I don't know.
I've dumped points into carrying weight, health, stamina and attack. :iia:

The pet DOES stay it's actual level and WILL continue to level but they DO down level to you if you pull them out for murdering or whatever but they're so strong it's totally worth it. In the base they seem to have their actual level.

Got my first world boss captured and I'm working on my 2nd base. In hindsight, I built them too close together but life goes on.

I hope there's an item that let's me link my storage between bases because having to shuffle stuff from one to the other to get a 2nd base setup is a touch tedious but nothing crazy.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Well this is pretty fuckin cute, huh. One of my lambs is a slacker but I don't have the heart to fire him. Chill out, legally-distinct wooloo.

:killing:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Is there a point to boosting your attack? It seems like the worse stat to put points into.
I do health to get me up around 1k, a few in stamina(in case I gotta scale something) and most everything else goes into carry weight