Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Friends, I am once again privileged and honored to announce The Weekend.
https://i.imgur.com/3RVFzYB.mp4

The grill is under like three feet of snow, so steaks are out for tonight and I'm just gonna heat a frozen pizza. Tomorrow will be more shoveling and cleaning around the house.
Sunday might go out if the streets are clear enough; travel for the past few days has been a harrowing experience.

What plans await you for your weekends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
gonna finish up the thresholds i didnt finish from last weekends carpet removal festival and hopefully gonna get my lamp at least worked on.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i made the thresholds out of walnut an they look great, way better than the lovely hardwood bullshit that was under the carpet

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
holy poo poo weekend!! can’t wait

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i made this for this thread

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

i was planning on going out to get sushi this weekend, but i think i will do it another time.

ready as hell for the weekend, even though i only w****d 3 out of 4 days this week.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

snow day today. model build gathering saturday. not sure what sunday holds yet.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sagebrush posted:

:hmmyes:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

bein a lazy piece of poo poo tonight; battletech at the game store tomorrow if i'm feeling up to it

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

getting dinner with an old friend tonight. not much else planned for the weekend but the streets are now covered in wet snow so i'm unlikely to be doing much

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Video Nasty posted:

I'm just gonna heat a frozen pizza.
same. gonna watch the last ep of Forged In Fire, and something else

gonna finally get the new vacuum out and continue with the cleaning tomorrow.

maybe see the Queen Rock Montreal movie if there's still seats

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Video Nasty posted:

travel for the past few days has been a harrowing experience.

travel today was kinda ok in the morning but tonight, oof. im gonna try to calm down so i can get my traditional get-home nap. sheesh

also nice video this week :)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

did 50 minutes on the stationary bike and now ?? gonna see my brother tomorrow tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hired a rug doctor to try and get out stain from daughter in spilling some ink/paint pen and it’s only half worked god drat it

it’s also hot af

32c which is 90f which idk it’s fuckin about as hot as it ever gets here and i’m dying

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the weekend!

otters already posted, so that's good since i'm late!

i've got to restock on groceries in a major way, mostly my spices and vegetables. need to replace some sidings and other adult things around the house, but otherwise i think i may build another silly ship in cosmoteer

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
hut hut divisional round games tomorrow and sunday. afterwards a vidya jame. gonna get cold as gently caress too. and ill have you know

i got my nap in

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

niners are apparently in the playoffs so i might pay some attention to footbaw on sunday we’ll see

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

niners are apparently in the playoffs so i might pay some attention to footbaw on sunday we’ll see

They play on Saturday.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I'm still on my Satisfactory bullshit

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

yeah saturday. jlove and crew went to jerrydome and fuckin clowned the cryboys itll be interesting to see what he does in santa clara

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

I’m in a postdromal phase that’s wanting to shift back into another headache, but if I can get it under control I think I’m finally going to finish the na snes to jp superfami shell swap I started like 10 months ago

additionally my new desk chair might arrive this weekend, so I’ll need to start getting that dialed in

im probably going to just lay in bed until 2pm both days and spend most of the time after that each day staring blankly at a spot on the wall

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

my main task for the weekend is to fix my desk. the controller box for the heigh adjustment died and since it's some lovely amazon capital letters brand, you literally can't get a replacement. but putting voltage across two pins on the motor makes it go up, and reversing polarity makes it go down.

this means i get to make a trip to the best store in the world, https://www.ax-man.com to get a toggle switch and a power supply and who knows what else.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'm still on my Satisfactory bullshit

gently caress I really love that game

lots of good about it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

hired a rug doctor to try and get out stain from daughter in spilling some ink/paint pen and it’s only half worked god drat it

it’s also hot af

32c which is 90f which idk it’s fuckin about as hot as it ever gets here and i’m dying

lol there’s some UV warning

only aussies and kiwis get this : the sun here just hits different, literally. the thinner ozone layer here makes that poo poo dangerous. it used to be worse I guess tho, at least the world kinda corrected away from that trajectory. tourists just don’t get it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm sitting on the couch watching sci fi and eating beans while wearing a ripped now-bean-stained white undershirt and sweatpants. fuckin king of the world over here

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i watched the movie "bottoms" and it was fun, some good laughs in there

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Sagebrush posted:

i'm sitting on the couch watching sci fi and eating beans while wearing a ripped now-bean-stained white undershirt and sweatpants. fuckin king of the world over here

nice avatar

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

hell yeah

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://youtu.be/4zq2f6k-ELY?si=VD6F745KB5dPvzvf

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Rewatched the Hateful Eight last night with the pizza and it was the perfect "trapped indoors at home during lovely cold weather" accompaniment. :)
Got some cleaning indoors done already and prepping to shovel the driveway to at least provide the opportunity to leave.
Might work on some more shirt designs

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mecookiemonster/status/1748725894305210533

:hmmyes:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

maaaan i slept like crap. delaying that game shop visit to tomorrow i think, less cold out that way too

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

picked up some italian beeves and french rolls for supper. trying to convince the wife to roll out to the pub and catch the baltimore game :f5:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

heading out in the rain and anti abortion march conditions to get pho, then maybe some new sneakers

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

heading out in the rain and anti abortion march conditions to get pho, then maybe some new sneakers

Sounds like a good day to try Chik-fil-A.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

tk posted:

Sounds like a good day to try Chik-fil-A.

:dogbutton:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have access to korean fried chicken so the point is moot

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

making salad and also fried tofu with sweet chili

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

thresholds comin along nicely, got one fit up and the other is identical so not much fitment to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
new vacuum rocks except for one thing: the included standard floor head doesn't fit under the lower shelves of most of my bookcases, so I may need to see if either the optional regular floor head is shorter, or go and adjust all my bookcases.

ironically, it would have been no big deal to do that last weekend when I had everything off the shelves for cleaning and moving stuff around :xd: