Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it was good, i had too much.. now i'm sleepy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

rotor posted:

the other is identical so not much fitment to do

hahahahaha

WRONG

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

my new chair order got delayed in transit, and I haven’t pulled out my two game consoles to shell swap yet… maybe I’ll just play some ffxiv instead

edit: update, decided to listen to my vinyl of clarity by jimmy eat world again for the 80000th time

Branch Nvidian fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 20, 2024

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

bought the wrong kind of switches for my stupid project :negative:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor posted:

hahahahaha

WRONG

Elder Postsman posted:

bought the wrong kind of switches for my stupid project :negative:

i'm sorry this happened

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

dioxazine posted:

i'm sorry this happened

its ok i just glued some scraps in where i cut too deep, you dont really notice

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor posted:

its ok i just glued some scraps in where i cut too deep, you dont really notice

but you'll always know in your heart of hearts

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

dioxazine posted:

but you'll always know in your heart of hearts

i think anyone who makes things is either

• tolerant of the imperfections in their work or
• delusional or
• still trying to make their first project perfect

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
what about
• ever drawing from an infinite well of furious self loathing due to loving everything up

that seems like the most normal one, and prime weekend thread material

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

making stuff is fun and no one should get discouraged, that's the true meaning of weekend

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Branch Nvidian posted:

my new chair order got delayed in transit, and I haven’t pulled out my two game consoles to shell swap yet… maybe I’ll just play some ffxiv instead

edit: update, decided to listen to my vinyl of clarity by jimmy eat world again for the 80000th time

played some ffxiv, got my second finished manderville weapon and got the smoothest of brains group in a trial roulette, so i'm going back to listening to my vinyls

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Raluek posted:

what about
• ever drawing from an infinite well of furious self loathing due to loving everything up

3AM posting :o:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I made a new ironworks and a refinery and I’m pooped. but I still gotta start making these modular engines

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

I made a new ironworks and a refinery and I’m pooped. but I still gotta start making these modular engines

custom kitchen deliveries

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
when i got up the power was out so i got my prepper radio out and put it on and went back to lay in bed/nap until it came back on 3h later. mildly terrifying in 18 degree weather. thought my magsafe died on the reconnect but came back to life after i left it unplugged for a bit. weekend excitement!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
pack/9ers owned

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

graph posted:

pack/9ers owned

fanTASTIC game. stoked for the Lions to dominate tomorrow :)

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i forgot that i am out of soy paste as well, good thing i'm going shopping today!

time moves too fast on the weekend, i swear

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
played a volleyball tournament yesterday and took 2nd place. it was fun but i’m unable to move today

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

HamAdams posted:

played a volleyball tournament yesterday and took 2nd place. it was fun but i’m unable to move today

you shouldn't announce that out loud, especially now that i've returned from shopping with pricklyash oil in hand

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

my factories keep getting bigger and my supply lines longer

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

made some kickass french toast this morning for the first time in years and nailed it. lounging and lazy til the lions game

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
woke up felt like crap ate breakfast still felt like crap went back to bed

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Raluek posted:

what about

yes, this is why i don't do diy home poo poo anymore

me, looking at a 4" long 1/8" gap between some floorboard at the end of a hallway: "nobody will ever buy this disaster of a house, this absolute monument to failure"

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i simply do a really good job on all my home diy stuff, have you maybe tried that

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

built a big gundam rickdom yesterday and cleaned up the house today

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

hell yeah let’s go lions :toot:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

a fine choice

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bad guy gundams almost always have the best designs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Elder Postsman posted:

i simply do a really good job on all my home diy stuff, have you maybe tried that

I fixed the gate and while a gap between one board is questionable, I fuckin made it a million times more powerful

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Elder Postsman posted:

i did plenty of other stuff well, like the flooring in the entire rest of the house. but when you're doing something for the first time, learning as you go, there will be mistakes. some people are more resilient to that than others, and since i'm neither resilient nor did i find it at all enjoyable, i just don't do it anymore

of course when i sold that house i accepted an asking price offer the day it went on the market, because in reality people don't care about small poo poo like that no matter what my bad brain tells me

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
first newjob (:yotj:) weekend. it was actually quite a bummer and nothing really went my way. oh well better luck next time

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

next week will be better, kenny. i can feel it

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

well-read undead posted:

i did plenty of other stuff well, like the flooring in the entire rest of the house. but when you're doing something for the first time, learning as you go, there will be mistakes. some people are more resilient to that than others, and since i'm neither resilient nor did i find it at all enjoyable, i just don't do it anymore

of course when i sold that house i accepted an asking price offer the day it went on the market, because in reality people don't care about small poo poo like that no matter what my bad brain tells me

Some people care. I care. But you’re right that you need to do stuff either egregiously poorly or masterfully well for it to impact value much.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

dioxazine posted:

next week will be better, kenny. i can feel it
yeah. only goes up from here

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

qirex posted:

bad guy gundams almost always have the best designs

bad guys always have the best designs, gundam or otherwise

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hell yeah got my lampshades done but it seems that all my led strips are day-white which is real blue, like 6000K or some poo poo. I gotta order some warm white.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

thats all the garage for today

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

bad guys always have the best designs, gundam or otherwise
counterpoint: ol’ musky (e.g. the leather jacket)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I took a big ol nap