Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
Copped an audible subscription and been hitting the stacks heavy. Copped greenlights and been getting greenlights ever since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
That's a pretty personal question. Look inward

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Goblin Noises

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

my butt itches

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Just imagine reading a "book" in TYOOL 2024...lol.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

Goblin Noises

did anyone else hear something?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

sorry OP i can't read

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

sorry OP i can't read

If only op had posted as an audio clip instead.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Blue 42. Set.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
murder on the orient express is good

alien river of pain and out of the shadows too. got a good ripley and the stories are fun, good cast

world war z is nice. i just like books with a full cast

Quotey fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 20, 2024

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i swear i keep hearing goblin noises coming from the closet. oh well im sure its nothing.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.

Grey Cat posted:

Goblin Noises

flubber nuts posted:

i swear i keep hearing goblin noises coming from the closet. oh well im sure its nothing.

Sorry. Not getting the reference.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

flubber nuts posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

this thread.... sucks!!!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

audible, an amazon company, is more mess than message i’m afraid

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

bradzilla posted:

this thread.... sucks!!!

yeah well i suck too ok whats wrong with sucking bradzilla go on spill it.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Everything I listen to is audible. That's kind of the point.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Copping a listen to The Untethered Soul (free with membership) and increasing spirituality whilst cleaning

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hardawn posted:

That's a pretty personal question. Look inward

Get his rear end

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Greenlight.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

authors are basically just computer programmers without the computer, i don’t put much stock in what they think or have to say

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Quotey posted:

murder on the orient express is good

alien river of pain and out of the shadows too. got a good ripley and the stories are fun, good cast

world war z is nice. i just like books with a full cast

read V by Thomas Pynchon

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Bad Purchase posted:

authors are basically just computer programmers without the computer, i don’t put much stock in what they think or have to say

I agree that they should learn to code so they can participate in the Obama/Biden precarity "grindmode" gig bare-sustenance survival economy. However now that I have copped a listen to untethered soul i have expand my perception... as well....

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I had an audible subscription until I realized literally every audible book is ripped straight to YouTube within hours of it's official release. So now I just do that instead

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I had an audible subscription until I realized literally every audible book is ripped straight to YouTube within hours of it's official release. So now I just do that instead

Yeah I love having a limited selection that i can only listen to with the app open and constantly interrupted by ads...????? what in the.....

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

this is generally true, but not always true. also sometimes want to listen to stuff when i'm not connected.

also the ads

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I listened to 'The Long Walk' last in 2020.

P good story ngl

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I probably spent a couple hundred on audible since 2017. My biggest regret was not getting into audiobooks sooner since they're so great when doing rote office work/chores/driving.

Something also worth considering OP is your local library system. Even my rickety hometown allowed you to do lending via the Libby app on your phone. Just put in your library card number and bam a whole lot of free audiobooks you can rent out for 21 days. the library only has so many "digital copies" though, so sometimes theres a waitlist. But more than one time did i find a book I could listen to *today* for free that would have cost me a grip on audible.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

the guy who reads alastair reynolds's revelation space series (john lee) is really good. good reader of books.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Audible says you can return any book you don't like for any reason at all, so one day I went through and started returning books I had bought with credits that I never really got into so that I would get that credit returned to be able to buy another book of any price, and after I did that with like two books it basically told me "Look buddy we're disabling this because you're flagrantly abusing it and you're also such a piece of poo poo for wanting to ruin something so valuable to the people you share society with who are honest and BETTER THAN YOU so if you REALLY want that credit back you're going to have to phone us at this number and tell us to our faces you loving sack of poo poo" and I was like what the gently caress kind of lying bullshit scam policy is this?? If you say I can return anything at any time, THEN gently caress YOU I'M RETURNING A BOOK EVERY TIME I WANT A NEW ONE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

Anyway that's what I would recommend.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
should i start doing credit card charge backs in the amounts i paid for every book i want to return??

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
There was only one book I ever started on audible and then forgot about and then I cancelled my subscription because I feel like a worthless idiot when I waste money despite doing it all the time

Jan 21, 2024

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i also like julian elfer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

XYZAB posted:

Audible says you can return any book you don't like for any reason at all, so one day I went through and started returning books I had bought with credits that I never really got into so that I would get that credit returned to be able to buy another book of any price, and after I did that with like two books it basically told me "Look buddy we're disabling this because you're flagrantly abusing it and you're also such a piece of poo poo for wanting to ruin something so valuable to the people you share society with who are honest and BETTER THAN YOU so if you REALLY want that credit back you're going to have to phone us at this number and tell us to our faces you loving sack of poo poo" and I was like what the gently caress kind of lying bullshit scam policy is this?? If you say I can return anything at any time, THEN gently caress YOU I'M RETURNING A BOOK EVERY TIME I WANT A NEW ONE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

Anyway that's what I would recommend.

dumbass