Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
It's no secret that my knowledge management thread in the sofware forum got a rather unfair shake. However this is more about individual "ToDo" style apps.

Used to use the checklist on Notion but that doesn't suit my needs. Need a dedicated to-do app. I basically feel time blocking and calendars are dysfunctional and don't suit my needs either. Google calendar or even apple calendar are basically stupid. You can't reasonably expect to block time down to the hour much less down to the 15 minute mark in this fast-paced world.

I was on Ticktick, but the font was too small and it was ugly. Moved to ToDoist and it was a fugly windows/android looking mess. Now I'm back on Things 3 and happy as a clam.

So how do you organize your life and work? what say you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

Maudib Arakkis posted:

It's no secret that my knowledge management thread in the sofware forum got a rather unfair shake. However this is more about individual "ToDo" style apps.

Used to use the checklist on Notion but that doesn't suit my needs. Need a dedicated to-do app. I basically feel time blocking and calendars are dysfunctional and don't suit my needs either. Google calendar or even apple calendar are basically stupid. You can't reasonably expect to block time down to the hour much less down to the 15 minute mark in this fast-paced world.

I was on Ticktick, but the font was too small and it was ugly. Moved to ToDoist and it was a fugly windows/android looking mess. Now I'm back on Things 3 and happy as a clam.

So how do you organize your life and work? what say you?

Things is one of my preferred managers, but I've also really enjoyed the latest iteration of Apple Reminders and Omnifocus. I've used Taskpaper in the past to great acclaim but that was when I still had a Mac instead of a PC.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.

virinvictus posted:

Things is one of my preferred managers, but I've also really enjoyed the latest iteration of Apple Reminders and Omnifocus. I've used Taskpaper in the past to great acclaim but that was when I still had a Mac instead of a PC.

MNany people turning to apple reminders. What's new there that's worth checking out?

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

Maudib Arakkis posted:

MNany people turning to apple reminders. What's new there that's worth checking out?

Major factors is that a lot of apps tie into them now. I use Fantastical and Goodtask and having both really up the power. The autosorting groceries is really cool now too.

Plus, most people don’t actually need that much detail in their todos. Simplicity over complexity.