Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I have played Too Human to completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

ChickenHeart posted:

Bionic Commando (2009) was a goddamned blast in spite of its atrocious plot and it's a travesty that its failure essentially killed-off GRIN before the studio had a real opportunity to become a powerhouse:

The blue radiation zones were garbage, though

It's a real shame too. Bionic Commando ReArmed was outstanding.

e: This whole era of Capcom's misguided attempts at capturing the western market on its own terms is filled with fascinating failures.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 22, 2024

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I also played a ton of B&W.

It's a game with the exact same premise as Small Gods, one of the (if not the) best Discworld novels. I never stood a chance.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Was SimEarth the one that came with a >200 pages spiral-bound manual?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Ralph Hurley posted:

Did you ever stumble into the Easter egg in the ET game? When you fall to the bottom of one of the many death pits that make the game impossible to play, suddenly out of nowhere the fly thing from Yar’s Revenge appears and flies away?

8 year old me thought I had lost my mind. I had no concept of game developers hiding poo poo in games and I could not get it to happen again to confirm I wasn’t hallucinating and there was no internet to look it up. I considered the possibility that some game particles had rubbed off of the Yar’s Revenge cartridge and got stuck to the ET cartridge causing the thing from one game to end up in the other game.

8 year old you had good intuition, as that's exactly what happened in OOT with Star Fox leftovers. Although the content in question doesn't normally spawn in the game, it's still very much present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUto459oezE