Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/nflrt/status/1751454462651068713?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens are going to win the Superbowl

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I do. I want the Ravens to get that IMPERFECT SUPER BOWL RECORD and they'll be tainted as a loser franchise forever.

Also, Lions bitch.
Same

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://x.com/MagicJohnson/status/1751474595788710231?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

does magic know the script? is that why he called all the teams by their name except for the chiefs? are they winning the sb? no sir. it's the baltimore ravens

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

he peeked into the future of the Kansas City Football Team

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
we can only hope

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

chamois posted:

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1751426635553722489?s=46&t=6_UcAfY6Wq1IM8oyvJfMBw

they made him have a kid so they could bench him

jokes aside congratulations having a kid rules
Hope Toney wasn't at the delivery room trying to catch his newborn baby as it fell out of the mother's womb.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Android Apocalypse posted:

Hope Toney wasn't at the delivery room trying to catch his newborn baby as it fell out of the mother's womb.

lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The337th posted:

he peeked into the future of the Kansas City Football Team

Magic's gone woke! :argh:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

Lmfao

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

All I can think about when someone mentions Agholor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZboH1UNhOQ

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Nodoze posted:

This is a good watch/read if you are into nerding out about IT/networking stuff. The 49ers let Serve The Home tour their data center at Levis Stadium

https://www.servethehome.com/inside-the-secret-data-center-at-the-heart-of-the-san-francisco-49ers-levis-stadium-intel/

Oh man that's really cool, thanks for sharing.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
News: Lamar go get a ring

Views: gently caress the Ravens

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
champ day

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

All I can think about when someone mentions Agholor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZboH1UNhOQ

:same:

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

JARED GOFF

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

SF just moved to -7.5

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 28, 2024

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

You may have an unhealthy outlook at sports.

Sataere really opened my eyes about 7 years ago when he pointed out that watching sports is the only hobby where people consistently end up unhappy after doing it.

Like if my hobby was, say, watching model trains go CHOO CHOO, but half the time I end up really upset and frustrated after playing with them, I'm gonna start wondering if maybe I just don't actually like model trains. Not true for many people with watching sports though.

Ever since he said that I've tried to only engage positively with sports. My team lost? Well, for three hours I got to forget about my real-world problems, so it's a win. My fantasy team lost due to some bullshit? That's still an entire day I got to spend caring about players and teams that I would otherwise feel nothing about engaging with.

Go Ravens. I bought my T1D son a cheap Andrews jersey when I was trying to get him a hero even though he wasn't into sports. Every time he wore it this weekend and I saw how absolutely beat to poo poo it is after all these years of him wearing it and loving it I have to hold back tears.

Go Ravens. No matter the outcome of the game there is no way I could possibly feel upset, because their tight end makes my son feel like a winner and hearing Andrews is going to play made our bond even closer.

I still want them to win, though. Go Ravens.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ah god I've got kawalimus brain because I absolutely agree that I don't want to hear about the Lions magical season beating the Ravens for the rest of my life

I would like to hear about this for the rest of your life.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

extremely basic stat I keep coming back to: the Ravens scored 30+ in nine of their last twelve games. The Chiefs haven't scored 30+ since late November. I think they're going to have to have their best offensive game in months against this defense on the road.

Mahomes and Reid are certainly capable but that's tough sledding

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

AndrewP posted:

SF just moved to +7.5

doesn't that mean the lions favored by 7.5?

I think you mean -7.5

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Fate Accomplice posted:

doesn't that mean the lions favored by 7.5?

I think you mean -7.5

oops yes

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

go ravens; go lions.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The fact that it is January 28th and the Lions are still playing playoff football is amazing.

Go Lions bitch, it's time.

They would have been a dangerous team in the NFL playoffs last year!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No shame in losing to Baltimore in Baltimore.

Also house money with the best player in the game so anything is possible.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/devindoob/status/1751649505005502660

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Absolutely awesome. I really appreciate you sharing so much about you and your son's connection to the team. The stadium is already going to explode when Andrews logs a catch but I'll make sure to put a little extra oomph in it for you and your boy.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Dude, shouldn't you be focusing on the birth of your child?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
"They gave me a gentleman's benching by saying I am injured, I am actually such a liability that they do not want me on the field, please sign me next year. Please write that down".

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 28, 2024

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Toney deleted his instagram

...again

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

"They gave me a gentleman's benching by saying I am injured, I am actually such a liability that they do not want me on the field, please sign me next year. Please write that down".

It's like the goodwill behind the Chiefs' gesture bounced right off of him.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Accidentally scheduled D&D du ring the Chiefs/Ravens game but I'll be all ears during the Lions/Chiefs one. Woo!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

what a strange person

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The Chiefs losing & KT going on social media to talk poo poo for being held out is all I pray for.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Drunk Nerds posted:

Sataere really opened my eyes about 7 years ago when he pointed out that watching sports is the only hobby where people consistently end up unhappy after doing it.

Like if my hobby was, say, watching model trains go CHOO CHOO, but half the time I end up really upset and frustrated after playing with them, I'm gonna start wondering if maybe I just don't actually like model trains. Not true for many people with watching sports though.

https://twitter.com/ClassicShelb/status/1686871010010595328

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

love a good Shelbo zinger

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i only ever did that once and it was the orioles 2012 season where i either watched the game or had it on the radio for all 162 games and it was one of the best things that i'm never loving doing ever again

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Drunk Nerds posted:

obviously youve never played a moba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Ya I have never understood how to actually follow baseball, I don’t get to watch it very often because I only bother doing so when the Blue Jays are in the postseason