Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

1. Lions - It would be an awesome feel good story.
2. 49ers - When I was growing up in the 90s, the 49ers were good and I liked their color scheme. I like Brock Purdy and hope he can win one as a sixth round pick. The situation reminds me of the Patriots a bit.
3. Chiefs - They don't annoy me as much as the Ravens.
4. Ravens - Harbaugh annoys me.

Edit - Swapped Chiefs / Ravens.

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
1. Lions - The idea that the Detroit Lions could make and win the Super Bowl is crazy and the story is amazing.
2. Chiefs - I still like Reid and Mahomes, so seeing this of all Chiefs teams go back to back would be hilarious. I also like Taylor Swift, and people complaining about her is also hilarious.
3. 49ers - Fun team, CMC is cool, Purdy going from Mr. Irrelevant to this would be fun. Just like the other two teams more.
4. Ravens - Lamar is cool but Ravens posters make me really dislike this team

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really want a Lions/Chiefs super bowl so either the Lions win the Super Bowl or I get to see people's brains shatter into pieces when Mahomes gets #3 and then shatter again when they cut to Kelce and Taytay kissing.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

fartknocker posted:

4. Ravens - Lamar is cool but Ravens posters make me really dislike this team

what the gently caress did we do

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

AndrewP posted:

who gives a gently caress, the fact that people hate a team based on posters is hilarious

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

AndrewP posted:

I blame Kawa. That’s all I can think. I’m a fan but don’t post so maybe it’s me.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Sometimes its weird like that. I wish I could like the Vikings more but I always think of this annoying kid from school 20+ years ago who would always scream RAVENS SUCK at me whenever I wore a Ravens shirt and I still cant truly like them because of him

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The lions are winning the presidential election

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

mightygerm posted:

who gives a gently caress, the fact that people hate a team based on posters is hilarious

I kind of get it. One of the most annoying people I know is a giant Chiefs fan and I don't want to listen to him if the Chiefs win.

I am worried because the Ravens usually choke and the Chiefs usually don't.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
1. Lions--Obviously!
2. Ravens--I like the Ravens well enough, and Lamar rules.
3. Chiefs--I'm as annoyed at Mahomes leaning hard into being a primadonna as anyone, but he's still an exciting player and I like Andy.
4. 49ers--I just plain don't like this team and I want them to go away from the post-season for awhile. Over it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I’m on team anyone but the 49ers.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah this is the answer.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ifgalra
Jun 19, 2023

ooouuuhh what the !!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The lions are winning the presidential election

President Dan Campbell

hell I'd vote for him

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Just saw this Paramount+ NFL commercial and Matt Ryan looks like a giant ventriloquist dummy talking to these kids.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Ifgalra posted:

President Dan Campbell

hell I'd vote for him

Hell, same

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
1. Lions - Because I have a heart
2. Ravens - East Coast bird team solidarity; I want Lamar to get a chip and silence his haters forever; it would make Steelers fans really sad/mad for the Ravens to prove that they're the better franchise once and for all
3. Chiefs - One of my closest friends is a Chiefs fan and I want her to be happy; one more argument for Andy being a better coach than Belichick; would irritate crusty old dudes who lose their poo poo every time the camera cuts to Taylor
4. 49ers - Niners fans were really whiny after the conference championship last year and around the whole Brock Purdy MVP debate this year; Kyle Shanahan falling short once more would be very funny

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Ifgalra posted:

President Dan Campbell

hell I'd vote for him

it's really all that is needed in a president, the ability to just storm into a room and shout vaguely inspiring things

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

god this blows posted:

I blame Kawa. That’s all I can think. I’m a fan but don’t post so maybe it’s me.

It's definitely you sorry

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My one twin son's favorite team is the Ravens and the other's is the Chiefs.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Sometimes its weird like that. I wish I could like the Vikings more but I always think of this annoying kid from school 20+ years ago who would always scream RAVENS SUCK at me whenever I wore a Ravens shirt and I still cant truly like them because of him

You sure you aren’t confusing your past with that CMC NFL Shop commercial?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Drunk Nerds posted:

You need to recreate this image:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drunk Nerds posted:

Tell them that only the winner gets a birthday this year.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bit surprised to find out Peyton's son is a Lamar fan but that family knows their football

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
gently caress the 49ers for all time.
Go Lions.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

davecrazy posted:

gently caress the 49ers for all time.

Geez they don't even get any water breaks?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Anyone but the Chiefs; Taylor Swift being happy is the one and only positive about that outcome happening again

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Congrats, you're watching a Metal Gear origin story play out right before your eyes

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It's been almost 30 years, I just want one championship in my adult life and then I'm happy. Not that I'm expecting anyone to root for us over the Lions, that much is obvious.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Black Lighter posted:

Congrats, you're watching a Metal Gear origin story play out right before your eyes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MJeff posted:

I really want a Lions/Chiefs super bowl so either the Lions win the Super Bowl or I get to see people's brains shatter into pieces when Mahomes gets #3 and then shatter again when they cut to Kelce and Taytay kissing.

Would love this matchup obviously, not only because Travis proposing to Taylor on the field after a win or Lions fans screaming grit until they pass out would both be incredible in regards to breaking the internet but also because if it is Ravens / 49ers the conspiracy theories would be impossible to avoid

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Grozz Nuy posted:

It's been almost 30 years, I just want one championship in my adult life and then I'm happy. Not that I'm expecting anyone to root for us over the Lions, that much is obvious.

Well that's your fault for getting held in the endzone in 2012. :colbert:

(Also Jim not having Kaep run it a single time jesus gently caress)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm very glad that nothing came from that flag where the ball wasn't quite out of Mahomes hand when the Bills DB full on shouldered MVS. I didn't really want whining about the refs to be the takeaway.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

MJeff posted:

Well that's your fault for getting held in the endzone in 2012. :colbert:

(Also Jim not having Kaep run it a single time jesus gently caress)

Ngata was out with injury and we were bleeding yards. They could have easily ran it but inexplicably gave us a chance.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I don't think it's going to be physically possible for Taylor to be at the Super Bowl since she has a concert in Japan a few hours before or after the game. So probably not gonna be a proposal.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

fknlo posted:

I don't think it's going to be physically possible for Taylor to be at the Super Bowl since she has a concert in Japan a few hours before or after the game. So probably not gonna be a proposal.

drat what a flex for a partner. "sorry honey, can't come see you play in the super bowl, I've got plans in japan. maybe next time"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fknlo posted:

You are wrong

I don't have time to explain why

also I can ignore this right

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/calls-mount-for-bills-chiefs-nfl-officiating-crew-to-be-investigated

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

Bit surprised to find out Peyton's son is a Lamar fan but that family knows their football

Brees' son is too

https://sports.yahoo.com/drew-brees-son-couldnt-wait-to-meet-lamar-jackson-at-the-pro-bowl-201006611.html

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

taylor swift will secretly be smuggled onto the field inside the lombardi trophy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

If they wheeled her out painted up like the Lombardi Goldfinger style that would be kinda dope.