Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fknlo posted:

I don't think it's going to be physically possible for Taylor to be at the Super Bowl since she has a concert in Japan a few hours before or after the game. So probably not gonna be a proposal.

The last Japan concert is Saturday, Feb 10th at 6PM japan time which is 5am Eastern Time on the same day. The superbowl is Sunday, the 11th. She can easily make it back to Vegas following the show before the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

kiimo posted:

You are wrong

I don't have time to explain why

also I can ignore this right

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/calls-mount-for-bills-chiefs-nfl-officiating-crew-to-be-investigated

Christ.

Like, the refs sucked, but they didn't cost the Bills the game, the Bills did

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
1. Lions - Duh
2. 49ers - So many great players, and Shanahan should get a ring at some point.
3. Ravens - Again, a ton of great players, and Lamar with a ring would own.
4. Chiefs - Been there done that, I wanna see one of the other teams do well.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

The last Japan concert is Saturday, Feb 10th at 6PM japan time which is 5am Eastern Time on the same day. The superbowl is Sunday, the 11th. She can easily make it back to Vegas following the show before the game.

Oh, I thought it was like 5 hours before or something. That's definitely doable.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Taylor Swift is like Hulk Hogan, she goes back and forth between Japan so much she works more than 365 days a year, brother.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Shinji2015 posted:

Christ.

Like, the refs sucked, but they didn't cost the Bills the game, the Bills did

Listen, if this had been ruled illegal contact, which would have also been an automatic first down, it would have changed the course of the game. In the 5000 word screed that follows I will detail how

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fknlo posted:

Listen, if this had been ruled illegal contact, which would have also been an automatic first down, it would have changed the course of the game. In the 5000 word screed that follows I will detail how

If it was within 5 yards of the LOS, not illegal contact.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That Allen to Diggs pass would've been an all timer if he didn't have stone hands

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

If it was within 5 yards of the LOS, not illegal contact.

I've seen a ton of explanations on why that case would have still been illegal contact.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lions signed Zac Ertz. Okay. Cool!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm sure this is a small group of loud dummies but that's pretty embarrassing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't even see a thread on it on the front page of the Bill's subreddit, you're working yourself into a shoot brother.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://x.com/TomBrady/status/1749458908429586893?s=20

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fknlo posted:

I've seen a ton of explanations on why that case would have still been illegal contact.

Nah. It was within 5 yards of the LOS and you're free to chip or contact offensive players in that zone. According to Gene Steratore live during the game, if they contact had ceased before the ball was thrown, it would have been 100% legal. Since the contact continued until after the ball was in the air, it's DPI.

Probably shouldn't have been a flag, but I don't think it changed the outcome of the game.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Parallax posted:

taylor swift will secretly be smuggled onto the field inside the lombardi trophy

The 2008 Giants home opener they had this giant replica Lombardi trophy pre-game that they wheeled out to midfield and during the pre-game ceremony Stratham came out from a hidden door in the base with the actual Lombardi Trophy.

It was a neat moment.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

I don't even see a thread on it on the front page of the Bill's subreddit, you're working yourself into a shoot brother.

As far as I can tell the general sentiment among Bills fans right now is just "gently caress, we suck and we're going to suck forever."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

As far as I can tell the general sentiment among Bills fans right now is just "gently caress, we suck and we're going to suck forever."

Tough, but fair.

Nov 6, 2002

Would have thought there were more.

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/1749222904439476296

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

Right. The touch back call although it was objectively the right call, that isn't a call I thought the Bills would ever get, and they squandered the rare opportunity of having a fake punt blow up in their face and getting the ball back even though the Defense couldn't stop anything.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Talk radio talking about hiring Bill to get the Bills over the hump.

Man the Bills have been awesome and have come a hair's breath away multiple times. I can't imagine Bills fans jumping on the Belichick bandwagon to get over the hump. I think staying healthy is the only thing you have to overcome really.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
bills need to stay healthy, get a new WR to at least have depth there. that's it. they've got everything they need

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Ratto on the Chiefs is magnificent

Ray Ratto posted:

Yes, the Chiefs in all their weird three-ring magnificence have advanced to the penultimate step in their campaign, "How To Make The Most Histrionical Super Bowl Ever." All they have to do is beat the Baltimore Ravens this coming Sunday to wed the people who obsess over Taylor Swift and her allegedly witchy tendencies, for good and ill, with the people who agree that Jason Kelce is the NFL's newest and nudest spokesman for everything the Super Bowl in Las Vegas could, should, and would be.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
1. Lions - Obviously this is the best result
2. Ravens - Lamar Jackson is cool as hell
3. 49ers - Kyle Shanahan needs a ring as does Sam Darnold :getin:
4. Chiefs - I would also be cool with this because Mahomes is so great, but it's objectively the least exciting outcome

Nov 6, 2002

Bad omen.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1749465265073422529

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Ratto kinda turned me around on the Chiefs. The broadcast nonsense with Taylor is mildly annoying, but it's also hilarious how super annoyed some people get about it.

I'm moving them up to #4 on my list and moving Giant Meteor down to #5.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Their backup TE who runs a bunch of pass catching routes is hurt and Sam LaPorta is playing hurt so I think it makes sense.

Whats weird to me is that Ertz was cut in like week 9 so he could sign for a contender. Odd to only get signed for the conference championship game.

Also he is washed.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Their backup TE who runs a bunch of pass catching routes is hurt and Sam LaPorta is playing hurt so I think it makes sense.

Whats weird to me is that Ertz was cut in like week 9 so he could sign for a contender. Odd to only get signed for the conference championship game.

Also he is washed.

He's got connections to lions te staff so he might at least have some familiarity, but yeah, this is pure depth and we have no other options at this point.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Harlock posted:

That Allen to Diggs pass would've been an all timer if he didn't have stone hands

I don't know that I'd call it stonehands. He was basically asked to catch a sky high punt backwards with a defender on his back. Would have been a good catch, which is the sort of thing he's paid to do as a #1 WR.

It was definitely an amazing throw. Reminds me a bit of the Mahomes Superbowl pass while flying through the air that clanked off a receiver facemask.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/Ameen_HGA/status/1749249069057548517?t=_RzuJnfAQ-DpU6jnwTbkmg&s=19

Me and who Sunday night?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
If I tried to move like that I would pull something

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Dudes rock

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Professor Funk posted:

1. Lions - Obviously this is the best result
2. Ravens - Lamar Jackson is cool as hell
3. 49ers - Kyle Shanahan needs a ring as does Sam Darnold :getin:
4. Chiefs - I would also be cool with this because Mahomes is so great, but it's objectively the least exciting outcome

I've really come around to Febreze's CHAOMETER [Chaos meter] method of measuring games, and this is basically how the Chaometer agrees it should shake out if I've read it right. The Lions would be the most chaotic and thus best result, then the Ravens, and then some tradeoff between Chiefs and Niners depending on what metric you're using. The Ravens and Niners are usually the bets for lowest chaos as the 1 seeds but the Chiefs are the current dominant team and the clear favorites of the Establishment, which fucks things up.

All I know is, go Lions.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 23, 2024

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
1. Lions, obvs.
2. Ravens so lamar haters spontaneously combust.
3. 49ers, yawn.
4. Chiefs, it's enough already.

potential match-up ranks:

1. Lions/Chiefs - lions earn their first ring by defeating the current league heel. high risk though.
2. Lions/Ravens - lions earn their first ring by defeating the current league mvp. lower risk because a lamar ring would be cool too.
3. 49ers/Ravens - meh but still lamar ring potential
4. 49ers/Chiefs - ski day

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

america's team

https://twitter.com/NBCSportsPR/status/1749562690668822712
https://twitter.com/NBCSportsPR/status/1749564780933751159

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
People love Baker.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wandler20 posted:

People love Baker.

:hmmyes:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/pschrags/status/1749613054730404220?s=46

It’ll probably be beaten by this one.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

There was a brief moment a few years ago where I thought NFL viewership was going to suffer a long slow decline and lol at me for thinking that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
But I was told the refs are destroying the game.

Are you telling me casual watchers don’t care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Mexican Radio posted:

1. Lions, obvs.
2. Ravens so lamar haters spontaneously combust.
3. 49ers, yawn.
4. Chiefs, it's enough already.

potential match-up ranks:

1. Lions/Chiefs - lions earn their first ring by defeating the current league heel. high risk though.
2. Lions/Ravens - lions earn their first ring by defeating the current league mvp. lower risk because a lamar ring would be cool too.
3. 49ers/Ravens - meh but still lamar ring potential
4. 49ers/Chiefs - ski day

Yep