Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ifgalra posted:

President Dan Campbell

hell I'd vote for him

Imagine the headline

President Campbell Wins the Super Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Any ranking that doesn’t have the lions first and the chiefs last is deranged.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Also ya I have no idea Dan Campbell’s politics but hell yea I’d vote for him for president

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Pontius Pilate posted:

Any ranking that doesn’t have the lions first and the chiefs last is deranged.

There's a lot of sickos in this world, friend

Dan Campbell can be a lifelong dictator, I don't give a poo poo, he's pretty awesome.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i want the chiefs to win because it would make a guy that i made up angry. then the 49ers because of a different guy i made up that i didn't like at first but he's not so bad once you get to know him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mexican Radio posted:

1. Lions, obvs.
2. Ravens so lamar haters spontaneously combust.
3. 49ers, yawn.
4. Chiefs, it's enough already.

potential match-up ranks:

1. Lions/Chiefs - lions earn their first ring by defeating the current league heel. high risk though.
2. Lions/Ravens - lions earn their first ring by defeating the current league mvp. lower risk because a lamar ring would be cool too.
3. 49ers/Ravens - meh but still lamar ring potential
4. 49ers/Chiefs - ski day

I don't think the Lions match up against the Ravens better than the Chiefs. My evidence for this is that they beat the Chiefs and got nuked from orbit by the Ravens.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm want the Lions to win it all because it's such a feel-good story but matching up against the Ravens or Chiefs is pretty bleak. Of course it isn't even factoring in the chances of getting past the 49'ers.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ravens is very much stop Lamar and maybe you have a chance.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

If I was playing the Ravens I would simply stop Lamar

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
while Ravens are not a team I want to see win a SB it would be dope to see Lamar get a ring. More than anything though I hope the Ravens do that supernova poo poo they've done so often this season and completely blow KC out.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pontius Pilate posted:

Also ya I have no idea Dan Campbell’s politics but hell yea I’d vote for him for president

He’s obviously a communist. His ability to make a ragtag bunch of nobodies into potential Super Bowl stars reminds me a lot of a Castro

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Will no one rid me of this turbulent referee?!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Shindragon posted:

Ravens is very much stop Lamar and maybe you have a chance.

Lions have been v bad against mobile QBs this year, so

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

C-Euro posted:

Lions have been v bad against mobile QBs this year, so

Go for it on every 4th down and take the kneecaps. Easy.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

1: Lions
2-4: don't care

I also hope the SB is Lions/Chiefs because KC has been uneven enough this year that I think they'd potentially be the easier out. Of course if the Lions can beat the 49ers to reach the SUPER BOWL maybe that doesn't matter.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

MJeff posted:

I don't think the Lions match up against the Ravens better than the Chiefs. My evidence for this is that they beat the Chiefs and got nuked from orbit by the Ravens.

lower risk isnt because the lions are likelier to win, it's bc a ravens win wouldnt sting as bad as a cheifs win

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Gonna be like shooting Bambi when the chiefs beat the lions

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

If the Ravens and 49ers go to the Super Bowl then it validates all the logo/news station script slip-up conspiracy theorists and if they don't then it's proof the NFL knows about the conspiracy theories and conspired to try to throw people off the trail

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fat Jesus posted:

Gonna be like shooting Bambi when the chiefs beat the lions

How so? The chiefs got lucky by an unlucky field goal attempt and then all the swifties on reddit were discussing hoping someone would stay close to him right now for his own safety

I think they’re beatable and I also think Lamar is super unbeatable, so chiefs/lions aren’t even in the cards

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My worry for the Lions a little it is the herculean effort its going to take to overcome the 49ers and the hard games they've had already. Long time to stay up.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Whichever team wins the Chiefs Ravens game will have truly earned the title of AFC champion.

Whichever team wins the NFCCG will still be a team that got shithoused by the Ravens.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

How so? The chiefs got lucky by an unlucky field goal attempt and then all the swifties on reddit were discussing hoping someone would stay close to him right now for his own safety

I think they’re beatable and I also think Lamar is super unbeatable, so chiefs/lions aren’t even in the cards

Did you watch that game? I have a feeling the Chiefs were winning that game even if Bass made that kick. It was just to tie it and there was two minutes left and they could not stop the run all game.

Bass is not Norwood.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

Did you watch that game? I have a feeling the Chiefs were winning that game even if Bass made that kick. It was just to tie it and there was two minutes left and they could not stop the run all game.

Bass is not Norwood.

Yeah, agreed. It was a slugfest but the Chiefs were clearly pulling away towards the end.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

yep

https://twitter.com/cbssportsgang/status/1749807103303442737?s=46

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Lions v. 49ers should be good.

I don't particularly think either of them have much of a chance against baltimore since they both got their asses kicked by them already. The only big change is the Lions should have a couple guys back who missed that game in Houston and CJGJ. Houston was key last year in stopping Fields as he's the only D-Line that the Lions have who has the pure speed to counteract a good running QB.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah but if Lamar has to poop during the Super Bowl it's anyone's game.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I distinctly remember there being a fear that NFL ratings were declining a few years ago - maybe even right before COVID.

I don't think the NFL has anything to worry about.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Read that Tyler Bass deactivated all his social media after getting death threats. Then Bills fans donated to his charities.

This is the Buffalo experience.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Drunk Nerds posted:

Whichever team wins the Chiefs Ravens game will have truly earned the title of AFC champion.

Whichever team wins the NFCCG will still be a team that got shithoused by the Ravens.

I dont see why people think the 49ers/Ravens result is bound to happen again. That was heavily turnover-aided. Not saying the Ravens cant win(although I think they wouldnt) but it would be a game.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Dave posted:

Yeah but if Lamar has to poop during the Super Bowl it's anyone's game.

You have a whole halftime show to take a long deuce.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Silly Burrito posted:

You have a whole halftime show to take a long deuce.

was just about to say, that's half the point of even getting to the super bowl is being able to take a nice long halftime poo poo

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I dont see why people think the 49ers/Ravens result is bound to happen again. That was heavily turnover-aided. Not saying the Ravens cant win(although I think they wouldnt) but it would be a game.

It was heavily turnover-aided because the defense put Purdy in absolute hell and can do it again

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

It was heavily turnover-aided because the defense put Purdy in absolute hell and can do it again

Yeah but they are going to adjust their gameplan in response. Thats why I hate hate hate that that stupid christmas game even happened.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah but they are going to adjust their gameplan in response. Thats why I hate hate hate that that stupid christmas game even happened.

Its not like they are going to blow you out. If it is anything like the second Browns/Ravens game it will be a fun one to watch.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Kawalimus posted:

Nope, the Ravens will be rightly favored by 14 points, should easily win the game, and everyone in the media will say so for two straight weeks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I want Lamar to win because it'd be great if the entire offseason was just people getting mad at teams for not making him any kind of offer last year.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Mahomes is due for a meltdown playoff game. It happens to all the greats.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Texans unfairly get a pass as a team that fumbled the ball on Lamar because of how insanely lucky they got with Stroud.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kalli posted:

I want Lamar to win because it'd be great if the entire offseason was just people getting mad at teams for not making him any kind of offer last year.

Narrativewise it feels like Lamar's year, absolutely. Plus the team knows we got extremely lucky in late free agency which took us from probably having a tepid pass rush to a great one. This is the time for the Ravens to do it.

He could still win in the future but itll never have quite the impact of doing it right now after last offseason.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Mahomes is due for a meltdown playoff game. It happens to all the greats.

this already happened against cincinnati two years ago