Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah. We were so close to getting a Packers @ Lions NFC Championship game and I honestly think that would have been a bigger deal than a Super Bowl in Detroit. God that would have been so cool.

Lions losing to the Packers in Detroit in the NFCCG would be a level of heartbreaking the fans don't deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

1. Lions - Duh
2. 49ers - So many great players, and Shanahan should get a ring at some point.
3. Ravens - Again, a ton of great players, and Lamar with a ring would own.
4. Chiefs - Been there done that, I wanna see one of the other teams do well.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

To be fair most teams don't know how to handle a quarterback like Mason Rudolph.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

His Fanduel username was kayshonboutte01 lol.

Should've went with kayshonboutte02, then the cops would've assumed it was the other Kayshon Boutte doing the illegal gambling.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

He'll get one of them back after he appeals.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Fat Jesus posted:

Lol that gambling story. You have to be 21 to do anything in the US? But not like i gamble. You know how you all hate those State farm commercials? In Aus version of ESPN / 2 you see the split second of them before they switch to an Aus gambling ad, which features billionaire basketball man Shaq O'Neill. Don't ask me why. They play them dumb ads over and over to the point I loving hate him more than anyone on TV

In the US Shaq is the new Papa John after the old Papa John got kicked out for bitching about not being able to say the N-word.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Near-70s is a nice change of pace from the week+ of freezing temps and snow and ice we've had down here.

Kelce's better than Andrews but Kelce + Whoever the gently caress is TE2 isn't gonna match Andrews + Likely. Chiefs have two good pass catchers in Kelce and Rice, Ravens have at least twice that (Andrews, Likely, Flowers, OBJ) and have a more dynamic running game compared to just Pacheco. Ravens should have the edge on offense, especially with the way Lamar is playing and how the tertiary Ravens offensive players are a lot better than thr Chiefs'. Not to mention I feel the Ravens have a good edge as well on both defense and ST.

Basically, if the Ravens lose this one, they need to fire John Harbaugh.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I don't know if Harbaugh is gonna step down, but since it looks like the Ravens will have Monken/Macdonald another year it probably doesn't matter, I think the Ravens will still be a major force next year. If any team looks strong enough to two-peat a Super Bowl, the Ravens are the best-looking team to do so since the Chiefs after their first SB.

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah. The Ravens are a top 10 all time DVOA team with the best offense and defense, are mostly healthy, and QB is playing flawlessly. This is the greatest challenge yet for Pat

As much as I hate to admit it, if Mahomes can beat this Ravens team, he probably deserves to win the Super Bowl.

Like hell I'd root for anyone to beat the Lions, of course.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'd like to think that someone finally just tried respectfully telling MVS he's supposed to *catch* the ball.

Do you think MVS is good enough to catch balls two weeks in a row?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

No clue how free agency looks, but any chance you can use FA or the draft to shore up the pass rush?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Freaquency posted:

What jobs are left open now? It’s just Seattle and Washington, right? I’m actually starting to get my hopes up that both Monken and Macdonald get to stick around for next year.

Washington is unofficially going with Ben Johnson, and neither Ravens coordinator seems to be a favorite in Seattle, so Ravens looking golden for next year.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Y'all are broken. I'd love a Lions/Ravens Superbowl. If the Ravens win...then the Ravens won the Superbowl! If the Lions win we get the best story in Football since the Giants beat the undefeated Pats. That's one hell of a consultation prize.

Yeah, obviously Lions winning would be amazing, but even if they lose, hey, Lamar and a bunch of other cool players get rings. Same deal if the 49ers win.

As long as it's not the Chiefs I'm cool with whoever winning.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

You may have an unhealthy outlook at sports. Yeah, it sucks when my team loses, but sometimes it's something cool, like Joe Burrow's first win, or Lamar's first playoff win, or the Patriots destroying us in the snow. It's nice to be able to enjoy the sport in general and not just from the outlook of my own team. Each team has their own cool narratives going on and I like watching all of those develop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

On the other hand imagine Kadarius Toney having two rings. Mecole Hardman 3?

You may not like it but that'd make for some good damned trivia in a few years.

Blaine Gabbert with rings from two different teams.