Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

Ravens are currently 3 point favorites and I think that feels a lil bit low

I'm just a guy and don't know anything, but it sure seems like a terrible matchup for the Chiefs scheme-wise with the Ravens O vs the Chiefs D (the Chiefs D is good, it's just the Ravens can do things the Chiefs are bad at). And that Baltimore defense is scary--until proven otherwise I do not believe the Chiefs offense can play 2 (mostly) clean games in a row.

Yeah 3 points seems low to me here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

Quarterback Bobby Layne had been lost for the season two weeks earlier,[6] and backup Tobin Rote led the Lions' rally, scoring 24 unanswered points in the second half to win, 31–27.

Tobin Rote. e: Tobin Cornelius Rote

Teddy Bridgewater would be a suitable name to replicate this. Hendon Hooker would be even better for future generations looking up really old stuff.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 24, 2024

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Yeah this is probably not going to be something he can play through.

Nowhere near as good of course but I'm more cautiously optimistic about the Chiefs backup guards possibilities than I am the tackles...who are just going to be bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Waltzing Along posted:

Sorry raiders and broncos. You guys are hosed for even longer now.

The Raiders are (probably) spunky but not good enough. The Broncos are in a really weird place and I have no idea what happens there. I suspect nothing good in the short term, but I don't know how that rebuild works.

They do have Payton, so maybe he gets by the cap by residual osmosis and builds something or other rather quickly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

How the hell did Blaine Gabbert hurt himself? Lifting? Sleeping the wrong way?

Thuney's the biggest loss for sure to my mind, Pacheco would be second if he can't go. Willie Gay not going would be big because he's the only LB fast enough to even imagine doing things like spying or maybe keeping up with Likely. Losing Sneed would be bad. Nnadi is a low key one that's going to be missed in the run defense.

But...Mahomes, so, it's not like I can doompost about this before I see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mega64 posted:

As long as it's not the Chiefs I'm cool with whoever winning.

On the other hand imagine Kadarius Toney having two rings. Mecole Hardman 3?

You may not like it but that'd make for some good damned trivia in a few years.