Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens are currently 3 point favorites and I think that feels a lil bit low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

fartknocker posted:

4. Ravens - Lamar is cool but Ravens posters make me really dislike this team

what the gently caress did we do

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I dont see why people think the 49ers/Ravens result is bound to happen again. That was heavily turnover-aided. Not saying the Ravens cant win(although I think they wouldnt) but it would be a game.

It was heavily turnover-aided because the defense put Purdy in absolute hell and can do it again

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Forrest on Fire posted:

I think KC has the edge because Baltimore is weak against the run and KC has become a really strong power running team.

But I also don't know how much of that is me overreacting to Ravens posters. I really like the Baltimore LB room so it's strange they've been soft against the run

Stopping the run is a choice and they play a lot of nickel. The benefit is that they’re the #1 pass defense in the league and it’s still not like they’re horrible against the run

(This is not to suggest I’m not afraid of Pacheco)

drat. Better win by 20 I guess

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 23, 2024

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Thread on that whole Warren Sharp ref thing

https://twitter.com/PFF_Moo/status/1749879119456633258#m

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Victorious Radia posted:

Can you provide a summary for non Twitter havers?

I use nitter.net to read Twitter btw, I just changed the URL back to Twitter so it would embed here

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

What’s wrong with Pacheco, why didn’t he practice?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I’m not excited about this loving rain goddammit stupid weather

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens has moved to -4

SF to -7.5

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I don't see us in great position next year. We're losing at least Clowney and Van Noy

I'm pretty sure we can afford Kyle Van Noy if we want him

but also consider that Mike Macdonald built a defense that led the league in sacks after picking Jadeveon Clowney and Kyle Van Noy up off the street

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Also anybody who is seriously contributing to pass rush won't be a cheap option.

Clowney and KVN are both seriously contributing to the pass rush and were cheap options.

this is my point - the Ravens' defense is not built around elite edge rushers

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

We got them so late because nobody thought they were going to do much of anything and Clowney I don't think ever even played a full season until this year. That's why I called it miraculous. For two guys to be signed so late one DURING the season even and putting up career sack totals is extremely fortunate. Could any random guys have done the same thing? Probably not. We just got insanely lucky.

If they signed Clowney and he put up a career year, hell yeah what a pick up. Signing KVN off the couch and HE has a career year? something else is going on and I'm pretty sure it's scheme related

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I just want to talk about Kyle Hamilton :swoon:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

My friend's family have had psls for the Ravens since the team came, so he's going with his father and uncle to the game tomorrow...and also his young cousin who only cares about going hoping to see Taylor. It's going to be 40 degrees and raining and that kid is going to be piiiised.

I honestly think the majority of the rain is going to be over by noon

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ah god I've got kawalimus brain because I absolutely agree that I don't want to hear about the Lions magical season beating the Ravens for the rest of my life

I think if that ends up being the matchup, you won't

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Agholor has been a very nice WR3/4 :shrug:

I can only remember one horrible drop against the Steelers, and everyone was dropping passes that game

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

SF just moved to -7.5

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 28, 2024

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

extremely basic stat I keep coming back to: the Ravens scored 30+ in nine of their last twelve games. The Chiefs haven't scored 30+ since late November. I think they're going to have to have their best offensive game in months against this defense on the road.

Mahomes and Reid are certainly capable but that's tough sledding

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Fate Accomplice posted:

doesn't that mean the lions favored by 7.5?

I think you mean -7.5

oops yes

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

what a strange person

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

love a good Shelbo zinger

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The good thing about baseball is that you can look at a box score and actually have a reasonable idea of how the game went

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

No real surprises here

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1751674080489570549

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Apparently Kelce and Justin Tucker had a tiff on the field during warm ups