Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My one twin son's favorite team is the Ravens and the other's is the Chiefs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Whichever team wins the Chiefs Ravens game will have truly earned the title of AFC champion.

Whichever team wins the NFCCG will still be a team that got shithoused by the Ravens.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

Did you watch that game? I have a feeling the Chiefs were winning that game even if Bass made that kick. It was just to tie it and there was two minutes left and they could not stop the run all game.

Bass is not Norwood.

Yeah, agreed. It was a slugfest but the Chiefs were clearly pulling away towards the end.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/24/baltimore-ravens-mark-andrews-kansas-city-chiefs-afc-championship-game

Let's loving go!

My t1d son and I are gonna rock our Andrews jerseys all weekend.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

You may have an unhealthy outlook at sports.

Sataere really opened my eyes about 7 years ago when he pointed out that watching sports is the only hobby where people consistently end up unhappy after doing it.

Like if my hobby was, say, watching model trains go CHOO CHOO, but half the time I end up really upset and frustrated after playing with them, I'm gonna start wondering if maybe I just don't actually like model trains. Not true for many people with watching sports though.

Ever since he said that I've tried to only engage positively with sports. My team lost? Well, for three hours I got to forget about my real-world problems, so it's a win. My fantasy team lost due to some bullshit? That's still an entire day I got to spend caring about players and teams that I would otherwise feel nothing about engaging with.

Go Ravens. I bought my T1D son a cheap Andrews jersey when I was trying to get him a hero even though he wasn't into sports. Every time he wore it this weekend and I saw how absolutely beat to poo poo it is after all these years of him wearing it and loving it I have to hold back tears.

Go Ravens. No matter the outcome of the game there is no way I could possibly feel upset, because their tight end makes my son feel like a winner and hearing Andrews is going to play made our bond even closer.

I still want them to win, though. Go Ravens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

"They gave me a gentleman's benching by saying I am injured, I am actually such a liability that they do not want me on the field, please sign me next year. Please write that down".

It's like the goodwill behind the Chiefs' gesture bounced right off of him.