Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Lions are the clear good guys

Yeah. We were so close to getting a Packers @ Lions NFC Championship game and I honestly think that would have been a bigger deal than a Super Bowl in Detroit. God that would have been so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Harlock posted:

That Allen to Diggs pass would've been an all timer if he didn't have stone hands

I don't know that I'd call it stonehands. He was basically asked to catch a sky high punt backwards with a defender on his back. Would have been a good catch, which is the sort of thing he's paid to do as a #1 WR.

It was definitely an amazing throw. Reminds me a bit of the Mahomes Superbowl pass while flying through the air that clanked off a receiver facemask.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/Ameen_HGA/status/1749249069057548517?t=_RzuJnfAQ-DpU6jnwTbkmg&s=19

Me and who Sunday night?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Texans unfairly get a pass as a team that fumbled the ball on Lamar because of how insanely lucky they got with Stroud.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It feels silly to say the Chiefs lucked out by drawing the Dolphins and Bills, but with how depleted those defenses were it may be true.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Nah, Mahomes played an incredible loving game. He was just under pressure approximately 200% of the time and nobody else on offense did anything.

Will never forget that sick side-arm pass he threw while falling that went through Kelce’s hands and clanked off his face mask. A real HOFer makes that catch.

That wasn't Kelce. It was one of the WRs.

E: Actually, it looks like it might have been a RB. McKinnon maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2yzw8DvDOs

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 23, 2024

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

kiimo posted:

you linked the wrong pass, which was to Pringle. I understand, because it happened multiple times. But the iconic throw that hit the facemask was to Darrell Williams and he is no longer with the team because gently caress you, Darrell Williams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBP6jDOkWY

It's wasn't the wrong pass. It was two passes. The Pringle then the Williams. First video I found. Though I definitely think that Pringle pass isn't a WR error. It would have taken a Santonio Holmes type play to catch that ball in bounds.

The Williams pass hit him right in the head.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Pacheco runs very, very hard, but the Ravens' defense hits hard, too. I'm not very worried about the Ravens' run defense overall. The stats only tell a partial story there. Baltimore has been excellent in the Red Zone in run defense and every other kind of defense. Combine that with having the best defense in the league against explosive plays, and I'm pretty content.

The Chief's best chance is Mahomes doing Mahomes like poo poo escaping the pocket, and making big plays downfield. This is very possible because despite the Ravens strong pass rush and secondary, the opposing QB is Patrick Mahomes.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

C-Euro posted:

Lions-Chiefs bookending the season is too good for the writers to pass up, sorry Ravens and Niners buds.

The writers seem to be ignoring week 1 call backs this year. The veteran Ravens beat up on the upstart Texans week 1 in Baltimore. The divisional round had those same Texans, strengthened over CJ Stroud's hero's journey rookie year, returning to Baltimore to avenge their inaugural defeat. They still got pasted.

If anybody has the narrative juice it's the blue collar cast off Lions beating two supposed elite juggernauts in SF and KC/BAL in route to their first ever Championship. Now that's a sports doc in the making.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Wow. That's insulting.

The Wire was 20 years ago. Now it's exactly like David Simon's new show about crime and Po-lease in Baltimore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig9BcW7gXvE

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah this is probably not going to be something he can play through.

Nowhere near as good of course but I'm more cautiously optimistic about the Chiefs backup guards possibilities than I am the tackles...who are just going to be bad.

This may add some extra dollars to Justin Madibuke's next contract.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
N: 90% chance of heavy rain in Baltimore Sunday.

V: I loving hate rain games.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My biggest problem with the 49ers is if they win we get a Superbowl re-run. Ravens/49ers had all different players and the Harbowl thing, but it's still pretty recent history. Chiefs/49ers, hell. We did that just a few years back with basically all the same dudes. The biggest difference is no Tyreek, and we upgraded to Jimmy G Premium Edition.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He was drafted last year. Looks like he managed 2 catches for 19 yards. So he'd fit in well with the Chiefs WRs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Black Sunshine posted:

An orgy taking place in an empty swimming pool full of pulled pork

I'm all for sexual liberation, but there are limits. Let's not step into the outlands of perversion that is suburban cop circle jerks.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
A lot has been made of how this is Mahomes worst supporting cast in his career and Lamar's best supporting cast. Thing is , the Ravens skill positions aren't much better than the Chiefs. Both have good TE groups, but the Chiefs is probably better with Andrews being out half the year. Both have a #1 rookie WR with very comparable stats. Both have a WR corp loaded with weapons, that are really inconsistent. Chiefs probably even have a better stable of RBs in Pacheco and CEH compared to the injured Gus Bus and Justice Hill.

Basically, what I'm saying is the Ravens really, really miss Keaton Mitchell. It'd be pretty cool if he comes back the same guy from injury.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Sadly Mark isn't going to be his old self even if he shows up for the Championship game. The stats for Andrews and Likely combinded on the season is about the same as what old man Kelce has put up this year.

As for the Raven WR depth, OBJ disappears for games at a time, and Rashod Bateman has just as high a ratio of drops and gently caress ups as MVS. Weirdly, Agholar has been the most reliable. He's the player that really elevates the Ravens WR room above the Chiefs. I do think Flowers is going to be a better pro than Rice throughout their careers, but they produced very similar numbers this year.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
75 degrees in Baltimore right now, but still calling for rain and temps down in the 40s for gameday. Weather man being a bitch swear to god.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens being as healthy as they've been the whole year is very helpful. That said, I would feel a lot better about this game if one or both of their two best running backs didn't get season ending injuries.

kiimo posted:

Kelce Stanning

I guess Kelce being mortal is a sensitive spot.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Andrews Yards Per Target - 8.9

Kelce Yards Per Target - 8.1

Kelce TDs in 15 games - 5

Andrews TDs in 10 games - 6

Pretty solid support for a hot take. Maybe more of a room temperature take.

E: Apparently Kelce played 15 games, not 16.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 26, 2024

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It is seriously wild how comparable the Chiefs and Ravens' top two receiving threats are. Rice/ Flowers both have just over 100 targets, almost 80 receptions, 7 TDs to 6 TDs (though Zay was robbed of that one 60 yard touchdown), and are within 20 yards of each other for total yardage.

Kelce and Andrews are separated by one TD; both were catching around 75% of their targets and are separated by less than a yard on yard per target. Honestly, Likely has outperformed both on a snap-by-snap basis.

Baltimore really struggled to get Likely and Andrews both involved in the offense early in the year. Even if they aren't able to fix that this week it will have to be a major emphasis for next season.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't think the pass rush will fall of a cliff. One of Ojabo and Bowser may recover from their mystery ailments. Travis Jones has shown real ability as an interior pass rusher. He may have a Madibuke light breakout year in 2024. Most important of all, old pass rushers looking for an opportunity have been in abundant supply for the past 4 years. They're going to favor Baltimore as a spot to rehab their value after what happened with Van Noy and Clowney this year. Bring me *spins wheel* Derek Barnet and Za'Darius Smith for 5 million and we'll squeeze 18 sacks out of them.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Gendo days are long done. The Ravens are good and it feels good!

Seriously, the audacity is getting all up in arms at the suggestion that a top 5 TE is possibly better right now than an aging top 5 TE. That's the height of reasonable football takes.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oweh has had a good year by advanced metrics. That said, he's clearly been impacted by injury. Both in lost time and diminished play on the field. Ojabo, with all his injuries, is a lottery ticket at this point. Would have been cool to see him get real playing time in this system.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Hot Diggity! posted:

I think both Kelce and Andrews are good at football

You shut the gently caress up Sir!

Seriously though, I thought we'd moved on to the much more important topic of Ravens back of roster defensive line talent.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Not sure Toney would play anything but kick returner regardless of injury.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Maybe. They're definitely going to lose the AFC Championship.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hanging out in the terminal. Waiting for my two stop Spirit flight to get to Baltimore. Hope the Ravens win in honor of all those who died trying to make the game.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

I honestly think the majority of the rain is going to be over by noon

That would be dope.

Survived the layover. Middle seat this next flight so I'll be about as charming as Charm City when we land.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Y'all are broken. I'd love a Lions/Ravens Superbowl. If the Ravens win...then the Ravens won the Superbowl! If the Lions win we get the best story in Football since the Giants beat the undefeated Pats. That's one hell of a consultation prize.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Absolutely awesome. I really appreciate you sharing so much about you and your son's connection to the team. The stadium is already going to explode when Andrews logs a catch but I'll make sure to put a little extra oomph in it for you and your boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Dude, shouldn't you be focusing on the birth of your child?