Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Coldforge posted:

I don't know how old you are, but there are actually some people in the world for whom 30 years is longer than they've been alive, and also ancient history.

gently caress this. i dont need to know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

No Butt Stuff posted:

As someone who tries to make a food representing the opposing team every week, SF would be at the bottom of my list.

Otherwise it would be a toss up because Detroit pizza, crab cakes, and burnt ends all rule.

With SF my go to guess would probably be Cioppino? That actually sounds good as gently caress in the winter right now.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

If you want to go outside the box for Baltimore, since blue crabs are outta season, I personally really want to try making my own pitbeef at some point. But I almost feel like I gotta get a deli slicer for that.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sick logo

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/beef-and-bison-recipes/amped-roast-beef-cheap-baltimore-pit-beef-recipe/

ive done this a bunch, if you got a sharp knife and get it against the grain its thin and tender enough. cut at an angle and dont make whole pieces just kinda shave that poo poo off

it has absolutely made me consider getting a deli slicer tho yeah

meathead ftw. and i've been wanting to get a deli slicer for awhile, although this year is probably gonna go to a new smoker first. there's a lot of backlog cooking projects though, like bacon, pickles, bitterballen (which ive done before but have been meaning to do again), and then a bunch of indonesian stuff so i can set up my own rijstafel.

pit beef sounds like the easiest out of any of that, though. meathead recommends getting all the fat off, and he's right to, but i think i'd trim the fat, keep it, season the beef but then cook the fat with the beef. and then when the fat is cooked, i'd dice that up real small and mix it in with slices of pit beef.

i was kinda set on doing fried chicken on sunday but i may reverse course. i think the big thing is probably looking up a good kaiser roll recipe, or seeing if i can source some down here in southern maryland.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Q_res posted:

I will brook no slander of the king of pan/deep dish style pizzas.

anyone that's smart enough to realize that 'oh poo poo we can just straight up fry this bread in oil' gets my respect. i think some places will line the pan with some parm which gets that extra insane crust which is nutso. i've only ever dabbled in neapolitan style pizzas myself because thats what i grew up eating and that was a loving pain in the rear end to do, but i need to get one of those lloyd pans or whatever they're called and try making some detroit pizzas myself.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i think im gonna do fried chicken on sunday. wings and drumsticks (objectively the best parts of a chicken) and i think i'll kinda do a reverse sear sort of thing. dry brine or marinade the night before and get them low and slow in the oven (the fan on my masterbuilt smoker is a piece of poo poo right now) and when it looks like the skin is pretty rendered, i'll bread em in flour + corn starch and fry them in a wok. then empty the wok and do szechuan peppers, scallions, chilies and pass the chicken through again. need to decide if i'm doing onion rings or fries with them, or both

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

oh gently caress this isn't the lego thread

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

3 DONG HORSE posted:

bring it to the chat thread

there's a chat thread?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i'll be damned

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mega64 posted:

Washington is unofficially going with Ben Johnson, and neither Ravens coordinator seems to be a favorite in Seattle, so Ravens looking golden for next year.

huh, I just looked up the Ben Johnson thing and you're right: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2024/01/26/ben-johnson-washington-commanders-nfl-head-coach/72370360007/

Also apparently Dan Quinn is the betting favorite for Seattle. Wild.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

So why didn't Oweh and Ojabo go off like this then?

Ojabo was put on IR in like week 3. He was playing well before that. Oweh has had a decent year. He's reliably getting pressure and still got a share of sacks.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

How the hell did Blaine Gabbert hurt himself? Lifting? Sleeping the wrong way?

he tried to throw a pass good

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

I honestly think the majority of the rain is going to be over by noon

even today looks way better than the forecast was lookin. seems like its gonna get dumped overnight

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ah god I've got kawalimus brain because I absolutely agree that I don't want to hear about the Lions magical season beating the Ravens for the rest of my life

losing to the jets in superbowl 3 made my dad stop watching football for awhile. superbowl 5 was too miserable to really bring him back and then he was overseas after that until the colts moved

anyway we don't really have to worry about that problem because the earth is going to explode in approximately 10 years

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Y'all are broken. I'd love a Lions/Ravens Superbowl. If the Ravens win...then the Ravens won the Superbowl! If the Lions win we get the best story in Football since the Giants beat the undefeated Pats. That's one hell of a consultation prize.

but yeah, agreed. i wouldn't be upset specifically cause its the lions or that we'd have to hear about them, i would be upset cause i want to see jackson, andrews, humphrey, zeitler win a ring, and i want to see tucker get his second

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i think the problem is that a week is way too long between games at this stage, especially when this is kinda a dead zone for sports. i can't even remember how i dealt with the bye week before the superbowl back in 2012. probably drank myself into a coma and assumed they'd lose like i had done before the broncos and patriots agmes

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mustached Demon posted:

Didn't a couple of NBA players drop 70 burgers this week?

the doncic game was cool. but i can't really follow the nba until the playoffs unless they put a team back in baltimore. even college ball is tough to follow until march madness or unless the terps are real good (they aren't)

i wouldve been watching the australian open more if it wasnt on during moon hours

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

Agholor has been a very nice WR3/4 :shrug:

I can only remember one horrible drop against the Steelers, and everyone was dropping passes that game

he did have the one blip on the hands team against the cardinals giving up that onside kick. everyone in the world watching that game rolled their eyes simultaneously

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i only ever did that once and it was the orioles 2012 season where i either watched the game or had it on the radio for all 162 games and it was one of the best things that i'm never loving doing ever again

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

ItohRespectArmy posted:

obviously youve never played a moba

lord willing he never will

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Pain of Mind posted:

You watch it in April and September, and put it on in the background while you are doing the dishes or something.

yeah its background stuff. my dad restores antique radios as a hobby so i was listening to it on this telefunken concerto this season. threw me for a loop that 98 rock finally picked up the o's games last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Fate Accomplice posted:

what works for me:

1. listen to effectively wild
2. read the SAS thread
3. go to games when my favorite team's in town
4. watch as much postseason as you can

this way I keep up on the news, enjoy the in person experience, and watch when it gets exciting

the postseason is on way too loving late in the year. they need to start wrapping that poo poo up by september. expecting me to watch baseball in november is just stupid