Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Lions are the clear good guys

I'll submit that they're the only good guy team left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Pontius Pilate posted:

Any ranking that doesn’t have the lions first and the chiefs last is deranged.

There's a lot of sickos in this world, friend

Dan Campbell can be a lifelong dictator, I don't give a poo poo, he's pretty awesome.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Baltimore is exactly like The Wire in my head

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

Another point in the niners being good guys column: they consistently eliminated Aaron Rodgers from the playoffs.

The problem with the niners is that everyone on the team is cool as poo poo but the franchise itself has won too many times already so gently caress em.

Lions Bitch

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Coldforge posted:

Lions won 4 NFL championships before the super bowl was a thing. It's been 30 years for the 49ers, and granted it's been 70 for the Lions, but once you hit that point where most players in the NFL are younger than the last franchise victory, how much does it matter?

This is insane and you know it

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

49ers: 5 Superbowl wins, 7 Superbowl appearances, 18 conference championship games

Lions: 0 Superbowl wins, 0 Superbowl appearances, 1 conference championship game

49era fan "how much do these things really matter?"

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Coldforge posted:

My fellow football fan, what exactly are we doing here if not indulging in insanity.

Fair enough

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Coldforge posted:

Ignoring everything I actually said to completely misrepresent it is the most TFF thing you could do.

To say "it's been 30 years since we won a Superbowl and literally never for the other team but they won some things in the '50s before the league existed!" isn't as compelling as you think it is. Nobody gives a poo poo about anything before the AFL/NFL merger. Citing pre-merger championships is tantamount to making fun of said team because "lol it's basically ancient history"

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

They made me cry in 1994

We can at least bond over soul crushing Superbowl defeats

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Is this what will unite the AFC West

Once the Lions destroy the Chiefs 55-17 in the Superbowl then yes, the circle will be complete

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Yes, but also: this is Detroit's second CCG in the Super Bowl era :eng101: Lost 10-41 to Washington in the 1991-92 NFCCG lol

And 19 CCGs for the niners, info was from before this weekend occurs!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Won't someone please think of the poor team with a long and ridiculous history of success

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

it seems you can't stop thinking of them

I'm not making stupid arguments here

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Coldforge posted:

Yet you're apparently still arguing against something that was never said :shrug:

Coldforge posted:

Lions won 4 NFL championships before the super bowl was a thing. It's been 30 years for the 49ers, and granted it's been 70 for the Lions, but once you hit that point where most players in the NFL are younger than the last franchise victory, how much does it matter?

I mean, what am I missing here because you're using pre-merger things to play down your own teams significant accomplishments compared to your opponent in this particular matchup.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Manoueverable posted:

Losing two Super Bowls to the two dirtiest, cheatin-rear end franchises in the league is extremely soul-crushing in fandom and on a moral level.

I was rooting hard for you each time friend. I'm thankful that you at least vanquished the Broncos into another plane of existence that one time though.

Left Shark MVP nevar forget

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I get that 30 years is a long time and understand the argument to a degree but it's still within the confines of the NFL proper which is the Superbowl era.

My team has been the 2nd biggest joke in the league since 2003 but I don't feel I can complain too hard because of the crazy success the team had in the '70s and early '80s. That's just my take though

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Coldforge posted:

It was still the NFL, and they had hardware.

Only NFL dorks or unsuccessful teams/fans grasping for something to be proud of care about pre-merger anything.

I get that we're NFL dorks but I'm speaking in general terms here

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

MJeff posted:

Man how Raiders would it be if Antonio Pierce turned out to be an awful hire?

It would be perfectly appropriate because Davis is a poo poo owner and always fucks everything up, that's why AP was a sensible choice. The fanbase, players and media were all aboard the AP train so if it goes wrong then he just says "I did what EVERYONE wanted but it just didn't work out" and moves on to the next bad coaching hire.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

An orgy taking place in an empty swimming pool full of pulled pork

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

See that's how you cheat, openly and without a single gently caress given to who knows, unlike those cheating Patriots with their cowardly attempts to hide it

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Trigger warning please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I want the Ravens to get that IMPERFECT SUPER BOWL RECORD and they'll be tainted as a loser franchise forever.

Also, Lions bitch.