Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

databasic
Jan 8, 2024

WalletBeef posted:

I like wallets and I like beef.

I wanted to reply with a quip but there isn't anything else to say. I'm into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
i switched to this garbage piece of poo poo username when it became apparent that A.) my previous username was basically my real name, B.) there are now 20 years of bullshit that i barely remember posting connected to this account and C.) people be snoopin'. inshallah the old posts are hidden forever behind a broken archives access system, but with the way things have been going since lowtax retired, archives probably works great now with very few problems to speak of <:mad:>

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm also the guy that jumped out of the helicopter in Terminator 2 when the T-1000 said to get out

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
mods named me and legally they are now my parents

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I was mad at a grocery store

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I lost a bet on PSP back in 2013 for WrestleMania 29.

I basically bet if Cena wins the World Heavyweight Championship at that event I'd change my name to something picked from a name randomizer (set to lame names WWE would have given developmental wrestlers). This came up and I thought it was just too perfect for a bet.

Yeah, dorky as all gently caress but you gotta go all in with an dumb online bet. I'll only ever change it if I make another bet.

databasic
Jan 8, 2024

shame on an IGA posted:

I was mad at a grocery store

IGA once sold me stale Kool-Aid mix and I still haven't figured out how that is even a thing.

I am on your side, fellow goon.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

All the other ones were taken.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

gently caress you penchil hand

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i'm named after buce

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
I wanted to go as nullEntity because I was in a big programming kick at the time, but that was taken. So I added RNG to it because adding numbers were lame.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

databasic posted:

What class were you? How long did you play? I had a bard named Cello Shots but that was probably after like 2012. 2001 I mained rogue, then cleric.
I played for a good while during the early years. Playing through at least the Velious expansion, maybe further and I can't remember. Barbarian Shaman, Brell Serilis server.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
I ran a guild in Ultima Online called Order of the Crimson Guard. Although I didn't even originally name the guild and don't know whether it was inspired by GI Joe or some fantasy novels. I just thought it sounded cool and I coincidentally use the name Red everywhere else because I liked Red XIII when I was a kid. I'm really cool.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Drunk watching spinal tap

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Crimson posted:

I ran a guild in Ultima Online called Order of the Crimson Guard. Although I didn't even originally name the guild and don't know whether it was inspired by GI Joe or some fantasy novels. I just thought it sounded cool and I coincidentally use the name Red everywhere else because I liked Red XIII when I was a kid. I'm really cool.

I've never really been knowledgeable about Final Fantasy beyond the most famous/obvious characters. I picked up Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line last year (probably my GOTY honestly) and playing through that was like "Oh, that's where almost every single name I've ever seen in every MMO I've ever played came from..."

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
It's my childhood pets name

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Jelly posted:

I've never really been knowledgeable about Final Fantasy beyond the most famous/obvious characters. I picked up Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line last year (probably my GOTY honestly) and playing through that was like "Oh, that's where almost every single name I've ever seen in every MMO I've ever played came from..."

The amount of different creative ways people can spell Sephiroth for their battle.net profile was astounding in the late 90s.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
my nickname on some old starcraft and half-life mod communities was Junkyard Dog, which would sooner or later get abbreviated to Junk by most other users so one day I just shortened it to that and stuck with it

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Mods gave it to me in a "post in here to get a random user name" thread.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Junk posted:

my nickname on some old starcraft and half-life mod communities was Junkyard Dog, which would sooner or later get abbreviated to Junk by most other users so one day I just shortened it to that and stuck with it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Junk posted:

thats badass.

madlobster
Aug 12, 2003
Inspired by a bad sunburn I had at the time.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
From Wikipedia:

"(War) Wizards is a 1977 American animated post-apocalyptic science fantasy film written, directed and produced by Ralph Bakshi and distributed by 20th Century-Fox. The film follows a battle between two wizards of opposing powers, one representing the forces of magic and the other representing the forces of technology."

It's about the power of uncovered literal Nazi propaganda in a new post-apocalyptic world where fairies and elves have returned to a magical world, and goblins with tanks and rifles play cargo cult Nazis.

I had recently watched it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I just really like tea.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

War Wizard posted:

From Wikipedia:

"(War) Wizards is a 1977 American animated post-apocalyptic science fantasy film written, directed and produced by Ralph Bakshi and distributed by 20th Century-Fox. The film follows a battle between two wizards of opposing powers, one representing the forces of magic and the other representing the forces of technology."

It's about the power of uncovered literal Nazi propaganda in a new post-apocalyptic world where fairies and elves have returned to a magical world, and goblins with tanks and rifles play cargo cult Nazis.

I had recently watched it.

Where's your dope-rear end avatar from

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
Family name.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Jelly posted:

Where's your dope-rear end avatar from

No clue! It was provided to me by mod boredom.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

databasic posted:

IGA once sold me stale Kool-Aid mix and I still haven't figured out how that is even a thing.

I am on your side, fellow goon.

buddy I got a box of lance cracker sandwiches that were stale as hell when I opened the first pack, saw they were six months out of date, took them back, and then found the expired open box with a pack missing that I had returned back on the shelf the next day

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Junk posted:

You weren't the same Junkyard Dog from No Mutants Allowed were you?

:rolldice: were you

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

it was Halloween and a play on that saying about rags to riches, don't remember what it was before though, probably some other dumb pun

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

credburn posted:

You weren't the same Junkyard Dog from No Mutants Allowed were you?

:rolldice: were you

not me, sorry

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

Picked for me by mods in a name change thread

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

A man named Adam Carola would talk of arranging ones room as to avoid having someone walk in on you whilst masterbating.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Rappaport is an actual name, but not mine. I was trying to decide on a username and picked the name of a character from one of my favourite Stanislaw Lem novels. Yes I'm a huge book dweeb, get over it.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

got high and thought too much about William Riker transporter malfunction possibilities

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Junk posted:

Sure junkyard dogs are mean, but the meanest dogs are generally found guarding concentration camps.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Mod username change thread.

Old one was Mayhem43 iirc. But that was because my ex bought the account for me, he picked the name.

Profile and text were bought by Meme Poker Party or Hendragil? One of those dudes.

I'm OK being Treecko.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
My old screen name (Unicron) was getting a bit generic in the old Transformers boards I used to post on, so I decided to change it. Playing a shitton of Gradius & Parodius games at the time & being a weeb had me settle on this.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

wesleywillis posted:

^^^^ It would be interesting but what would you even call the entry?

Aaron Burr

Hes always dropping :10bux:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I just used the name on my birth certificate