Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Can’t wait for another luxury purse store to open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
Sweet! The arcade!!

*lights are bright white, with no LEDs flashing*
*Broken T2 pinball machine*
*No basketballs to take shots with*
*only one paddle for the air hockey machine*

"4 PLAYER TMNT! Sweet!!"

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
where can I get one of those waving good luck cats? Oh at almost any store? Thanks.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

I know I should get the cinnamon sugar pretzel because it is the only one on the menu that tastes like a reasonable facsimile of food, but instead I opt for a pizza pretzel because I am feeling saucy.

My stomach begins to knot before the food even reaches my esophagus, and by the time it has entered my stomach I am already deep in the throes of dysentery. I void my bowels into the deactivated water fountain like so many before me; the handfuls of change once carrying the ersatz wishes of small children are now completely occluded by the thick film of feces on top.

I drop into a seated position and poo poo-scoot my way to an inexplicably still-open head shop, where I purchase enough incense and patchouli to mask the smell of Auntie Anne's Gastrointestinal Event. I press further into the mall and find a video game store, where I purchase some used GameBoy Advance games for 95% of their original MSRP. The games do not include instructions or original packaging. Today is a good day.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Oops, sorry I didn't realize these were offices. You wouldn't happen to have any Reeboks, would you?

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
drat, that's crazy, they finally cleaned the bench where that teenager bled out after getting stabbed by that other teenager inside spencers gifts

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Sbarros stuffed pizza covered in sauce with drink for 5 dollars then hitting the arcade with 10 dollars in quarters.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Sbarros stuffed pizza covered in sauce with drink for 5 dollars then hitting the arcade with 10 dollars in quarters.

you find the arcade closed 25 years ago and is now used once a year for santa photoshoots

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

bradzilla posted:

you find the arcade closed 25 years ago and is now used once a year for santa photoshoots

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

bradzilla posted:

"Santa" is now a QR code that loads an image filter in your camera on a sign next to a folding chair .

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Buttchocks posted:

"Santa" is now a QR code that loads an image filter in your camera on a sign next to a folding chair .

sticker pasted over the standee sign which says "santa is coming! december 14th and 15th, 2006, 1-4pm."

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

No, don't fill out that "sweepstakes" to win that car over there. The timeshare people call you up and good luck getting off their phone list.

Look, over in that darkened store front. They're watching us right now.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

oh look the creepy guy is back to poorly conceal the fact that he's jerking off while staring in the store window...dont bother calling security for the 5th time, he'll be gone before they get there.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Paying for an overpriced and soggy pretzel from auntie anne's, maybe eat it while perusing hot topic

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

STABASS posted:

They actually just opened a new JCP's at mine. But apparently they turned the Macy's into a studio where charter schools film their distance learning stuff? Apparently the economy is good again

...what the gently caress?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm just selling temu crap at a plastic folding table in the hall to the bathrooms

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

which way to the cinnabon?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

which way to the cinnabon?

They told me it was right across from Orange Julius

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I lament the days of Sbarro and the arcade.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

You guys wanna sit in the massage chairs with me? They're broken af but they're still really comfy.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Those chairs are filled with farts

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Disco Pope posted:

Portly middleaged men start gathering around the dry fountain, photographing dying plants and empty stores and blasting Floral Shoppe from their phones.

The dry fountain at the dead mall of my youth got taken over by the local garden railway society for a few years before it was ripped out completely.

For one brief shining moment, those old fogeys had a purpose :qq:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

anyone want to break into the garbage room and poke bits of broken pallets into the congealed grease waste?

naem
May 29, 2011

the pack of retired people marching in lockstep early in the am past closed storefronts, matching jogging shorts and fanny packs

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'm the fountain feature that has been shut off since 1998.

Things are looking up though. A guy from Spirit Halloween was here last week

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
I'm the dead malls vlogger rehearsing my voiceover monologue while pacing the ghostly empty food court. I'm holding my phone in front of me and trying to look like I'm not recording. While scanning for the mall security dude I see a rival vlogger approaching, going the other way. He's got a nice panasonic on a gimbal. We make eye contact. He smirks as he sees the lame samsung in my grip.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I sit at my pretzel station... it's quieter than usual. Hours go by and not a single customer.

I hear scuffling below, some kids pointing and talking as they walk around with a go pro on the first floor.

Now's my chance.

"Hey, kids! Want to buy a pretzel!?"

They seem to panic before realizing it's just some pretzel stand employee.

"No thanks! We were just doing an urban exploration video!"

"That's silly, this place isn't even abandoned yet!"

I chuckle and push away the branches and vines to get back to my pretzel stand.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

hey there everybody my names joe and i come from up there on the hill but my house is under surveillance so i'm going to hole up in and fortify the empty waldenbooks and wait for Them. hit me up if you want any canned peaches

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

*walks into the mall*

"Hmm, seems lively, I don't know why they say this place is in trouble…"

*walks 1/4 of the way down to find everything closed and the lights turned off*

"oh"

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I have a day off while on a work trip. I decide to visit a real American Mall.

The uber is a Tesla. The guy asks if I've been to hooters and I say no. He recommends another place called "knockers" because the girls have bigger tits and the wings are better. He drops me off outside. It's hot

I go inside and find a mall identical to every mall we have in Australia. I buy a fruit juice and then leave

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Hello, I need a case for an iPhone 4 and ....you have one? Excellent! And they say these cell phone accessories kiosks are money laundering fronts.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

I think I'll have lunch at the mall food court.

*pays $25 for a thin, greasy, flavorless burger and fries*

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

frumpykvetchbot posted:

I'm the dead malls vlogger rehearsing my voiceover monologue while pacing the ghostly empty food court. I'm holding my phone in front of me and trying to look like I'm not recording. While scanning for the mall security dude I see a rival vlogger approaching, going the other way. He's got a nice panasonic on a gimbal. We make eye contact. He smirks as he sees the lame samsung in my grip.

You both freeze at the distant echo, a third voice. It can only be...

"... and the signalled intersection into the mall comes directly off of the stroad - with no bike lanes!!"

...Urban planning vloggers!!

lipid
Feb 21, 2001
What do you mean you don’t have Meximelts

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Used to be a library there, now it's a wedding dress store.

The Sears caught on fire and someone died, and another 'family' got caught living in an abandoned store abusing thier kids.

Can always still go get pricing or tattoos at Expo if you feel like gambling tho

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Oh and there's a Games Workshop store under the elevator.

Never anyone in it, so do what you will.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Lmao I work in that loving mall and we got evaced for a gas leak last month, no wonder the roof blew off the Sears.

It's been almost 50 years, are you ever gonna fix this roof, floor and pipes?

Everyone's so superstitious about the 10 ghosts that haunt the place now.

It's not haunted, there's a dang gap in the celing

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Maine Mall is still poppin OP.

It's right off 95 in South Portland, easy in, easy out.

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

N. Senada posted:

I heard the JC Penny's gonna close soon. Sucks, I work at the retro game store that only carries DS games and their's is the shitter I'd use instead of the public one.

How does a place like that make a profit to stay open? I mean im not criticizing I'm just curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

What a relief, I needed a bespoke teddy bear for that party today. How are you out of bear parts? Well then, I'll take a commemorative blanket, but I want a bear embroidered on it. Ok, with the pilgrims embroidered on it.