Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

anyway - local mall has a Tesla dealership, a Lucid dealership, and a Rivian dealership. Also three star-buckses for some insane reason.

There was a fountain with frogs ganging up on a turtle while trading blasts of water

and turtle bro has this look of "oh shi- why me? "

(dog tax)

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Coffee Jones posted:

anyway - local mall has a Tesla dealership, a Lucid dealership, and a Rivian dealership. Also three star-buckses for some insane reason.

There was a fountain with frogs ganging up on a turtle while trading blasts of water

and turtle bro has this look of "oh shi- why me? "

That fountain is the coolest thing at any mall in at least the last 15 years.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Going to the restroom to take a dump after browsing the damaged goods store, I look for a stall that doesn't have a glory hole, there are none.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I liked malls in china

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
First there was a fountain, then there was a planter, now it's just empty floor space

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

kntfkr posted:

I liked malls in china

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

XYZAB posted:

I was in Ottawa last month for some reason and walked briefly through Rideau Centre. I ended up in front a shoe store specializing in individually wrapped sneakers selling for thousands of dollars and, upon realizing what this store sold and to whom it catered, I became nearly inconsolable.
Individually wrapped sneakers as in like selling one sneaker by itself?? :stare:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

XYZAB posted:

I was in Ottawa last month for some reason and walked briefly through Rideau Centre. I ended up in front a shoe store specializing in individually wrapped sneakers selling for thousands of dollars and, upon realizing what this store sold and to whom it catered, I became nearly inconsolable.

i haven't been to the rideau in over a decade but even then the only reasons to go were:

- getting your bus pass renewed
- going to/coming from the bus (rip)
- being a tourist at the byward market

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
*Gets up a game of dodgeball on roller skates on that sweet, sweet smooth floor*

After fueling up in the food court, whatever's still open- hide & seek!

Afterwards, we root around on the floor of the water fountain feature for any change people threw in after making a wish followed by rooting through the coin return slots in the arcade and underneath the machines (and between them and the wall) and play all the 4-player games until we get chased out or run out of money.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

redshirt posted:

New Oldsmobiles are in early this year.

This place has everything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aZSP8c05zM

remembertorelax
Aug 16, 2023
We are all wearing coats because the temperature in the promenade is the same as the outside winter air.

Wait, are we all here at the same time? Must be for the baseball card / beanie baby convention.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
when did the last of the mall goths go extinct? do we even know?????????

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Revins posted:

They still exist OP.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

kntfkr posted:

I liked malls in china

Western chinese/asian malls actually seem to still be doing ok. Probably because they're just filled with food/tea places rather than a lot of other crap.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Western chinese/asian malls actually seem to still be doing ok. Probably because they're just filled with food/tea places rather than a lot of other crap.

i went to a couple malls in singapore that yes had lots of food but they also definitely sold lots and lots and lots of other crap. including a place that seemed to be a nazi memorabilia store

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

*spends 4 hours looking for sears and radioshack*

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
I’m going to make an Andy Warhol-esque documentary showing how no one ever, ever uses the claw machines, even though there are more of them on every visit.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

I liked malls in china

Way back in 2010 or so I went to a mall in Shenzhen that was waaaaay fancy. Almost totally empty in the afternoon, but models hanging outside the elite fashion stores. It was eye opening.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Ngl I kinda miss the open air malls. Tho last time I remember being in one I was being a little bitch about trying on clothes with my Mom.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Revins posted:

They’re working in the FYE that now exclusively sells anime and anime-related products.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Ours shut down because some moron rode a donkey through the mall

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i went to a mall today to get a white dress shirt and a dress belt

everything was 40 percent off because nobody goes to malls anymore, it whipped rear end

GreatMrPopo
Apr 17, 2003
i love kami-sama
I'm the weird foreign salesman at one of the kiosks that aggressively accosts you with a free dollar that you don't take because it's a sales pitch

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'm the movie theatre that gets rented out by groups that advertise they are "Church for people that don't like Church"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im the rap artist selling his own albums on CD just outside the malls property limit even though no one owns a CD player anymore

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Aw sikk, I can get my vape carts and kratom at the same place I get my grillz and my katana? Is this the future? Ima hit that place up right after church, across the promenade, where Wet Seal used to be

root beer fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 27, 2024

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Yall need to post more, I need something to read while I'm on the phone with the 1-888 number they had posted on the "we'll buy your old cell phones" machine. They only wanna give me a buck seventy five in Dogecoin for my old Blackberry and if I want it back they have to mail it to me from Dubai for some reason.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
When I worked at a store in the mall, it was the unspoken rule that the kiosk guys wouldn't bother you. You'd nod at each other as fellow brothers in the tedium of working a retail shift

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
White Flint Mall, 2001

I stood in this place, this mall in the middle of some beltway suburb .There was still footfall in those days but the mall felt doomed already even then, a great concrete ship marooned on an ice floe from a lost age. I was imagining how the wrecking ball would smash through these walls.

It's a barren field now; a failed contender for the amazon 2nd headquarter.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I have never had an issue with the kiosk people, hit them with a quick clear "not interested, thanks!" as soon as they start to pitch at me and they've never pushed it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I found them! All 26 people in the mall are at Dave and Busters day drinking.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

pixaal posted:

I found them! All 26 people in the mall are at Dave and Busters day drinking.

and all of them work at the mall

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
You don't see a PA system anywhere. You're not even sure where the music is coming from. No one else seems to notice. Did that security guard just walk through you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWksPWDKOc

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
Oh phew, the McDonald's is still here; it just moved after the old location became an army recruitment center

naem
May 29, 2011

Buttchocks posted:

You don't see a PA system anywhere. You're not even sure where the music is coming from. No one else seems to notice. Did that security guard just walk through you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWksPWDKOc

https://youtu.be/wWNMsZ44ooc?si=I76Azs5mRbmuxCMr

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
I walk through Sears. One of only 13 locations remaining.

Most of the sections are closed off, including the entire basement and auto center. Displays have been spaced out from one another to make the inside look less empty.

Even McDonald's next door is closed. I'll have no problem finding my car in the empty parking lot.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

it's only 8pm and the sur la table is loving CLOSED i am so angry right now

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Malls increasingly converting to open-air malls, just not on purpose.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Earwicker posted:

i went to a couple malls in singapore that yes had lots of food but they also definitely sold lots and lots and lots of other crap. including a place that seemed to be a nazi memorabilia store

I just figured out how we can save American malls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Karnage
Oct 9, 2016
I heard that the City is going to allow the owner to tear this place down to build apartments! Renters will bring crime and traffic to our beautiful suburb! We all need to show up at the next Council meeting to protest!