Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Mode 7 posted:

I get that Tekken doesn’t have zoning/zoners in the 2D fighter sense but as someone who generally leans towards zoners in fighting games, can anyone recommend which characters might scratch that sort of itch? I’m feeling a bit lost, character choice wise.

What I love about playing zoners is the combo of being able to repeatedly stuff their approach by either smart space control or predictively shoving a hitbox into where they’re going, and being able to condition or frustrate opponents to get them stuck back in my zoning blender.

How can I translate this to Tekken? There seem to be a few characters who have good keepout tools but nobody I’ve tried so far “feels” right - I probably just don’t know enough about Tekken yet to understand what I’m looking for. So yeah, any other Degenerate Zoner Enjoyers in other games got character suggestions?

time to pick lee and push b4 a bunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Pockyless posted:

Combos are fun to do

they're fun to do, they're an avenue for player expression, they test your ability to execute under pressure, they can test stage awareness, scaling (damage and/or pushback) awareness, axis awareness, heat management, what you're doing with your rage, whether or not you want to let the enemy end up in rage, you can optimize them for oki or damage or whatever, yadda yadda, factors factors. pulling out some bullshit in some situation you've never been in before based on all that stuff is cool. combos are cool.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

all tekken power can tell you is if a person probably played some other characters at some point. do not think about tekken power. tekken power can only harm you.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

there are some psychopaths who are doing netplay with computers that can barely get 30 fps. there's not much you can do except not rematch them afterwards

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Char posted:

I finally got to red ranks.
Thanks everyone for your earlier support.

Now I'm trying to learn how to consistently set up a wall situation.

Leo is fun. You always have something to sneak into the opponents' mental stack.
My first attempts are trying to setup a wall splat, then b+1,4 KNK3, 4 into b+1+2,1+2,1+2
Is this good enough or should I test something different?

i think doing BOK 1+2 into guaranteed d+3+4 would be more damage than the b+1+2 string, but it's probably more finnicky to use in some situations or something