Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Pockyless posted:

https://twitter.com/Fergus_TK/status/1749514580915810718?s=20

For anyone that wants a brief overview of what characters can do and their general play style.

This should be added to the op, Fergus rules.

I'm really interested to try Reina and Jun from the writeups, but I've also got Alisa as my fallback if they don't click.

very excited to Tekken it up a notch in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

The more people who hope Tifa makes it into T8 the less likely it'll happen. Just so you know.

I really hope Tifa gets added to Tekken 8 :gaz:

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I do really wish there were more 3d fighters in general, as a relatively recent convert to genuinely loving those.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I haven't really played Tekken since 3 and now I'm middle aged and worse at video games, but I'm compelled by an unseen force to get into T8 at the ground level. My hitbox gets here Friday.

have some patience with your own mistakes, try to laugh it off when you get clowned on, practice blocking and defense and accept it'll take a while to get good at that.

Congrats you're better at (insert name of fighting game) than half the people playing it, now.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

The only lame thing about T8 is gonna be paying for Armor King and Anna DLC the second time in a row but SF6 is doing the same with Ed and Akuma

It's the right decision on their part. I wouldn't spend a dime on Nina but I'll pay whatever they're asking if they hold Anna hostage on me like that.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I didn't get a lot of time with the game last night, but I tried out most the new characters a bit. Jun seems promising.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Seltzer posted:

Game feels and looks good. Reduced load times from t7 are great. That poo poo was so annoying. I'm learning Azucena from scratch (obviously) since I have to wait for my main Eddy to join the cast. She's really fun to use. I need to delve into the specifics of heat more, I can't tell if I like the addition or not yet, it seems too easy to use and to last too long, but it's too early for me to tell I guess.

I only gave Azucena a quick lookover last night, So I don't fully get her. What's the move against her auto parry sass stance? Just Do A Throw?

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Oh drat, I didn't realize it doesn't catch mids. That's the intel I needed, thank you.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I wish I was cool enough to do taunt jet upper bullshit

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

They should really bring Jimmy back

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

My fighting game bestie who hasn't seriously Tekken'd before is getting into this game and seems to be settling on Dragunov. I couldn't be happier. Dude is iconic as gently caress and I like playing against him.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Seltzer posted:

shaheen is definitely only still around because tekken likes to have a few simple "easy to learn characters" and to pander to Saudi. Literally everyone I've seen online groaned at his inclusion. Kazumi was a much better "beginner" character that had way better design and enough gameplay stuff going on to be fun to play.

No joke, Kazumi is at the absolute top of my hope to see return as dlc character list, and I don't even play her. She was such a hit at both casual and tournament level I think they'd be insane not to consider her.

All you need to do to justify it is say she's haunting Kazuya because he's a nerd. All protests of folks who think a character being dead in a fighting game matters are officially resolved.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Orv posted:

Kazuyaaaaa, sneaaaakerrrrs Kazuyaaaaa? You doooooork oooOOOooOOOOooo *tiger attack*

:hmmyes:

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Mode 7 posted:

I get that Tekken doesn’t have zoning/zoners in the 2D fighter sense but as someone who generally leans towards zoners in fighting games, can anyone recommend which characters might scratch that sort of itch? I’m feeling a bit lost, character choice wise.

What I love about playing zoners is the combo of being able to repeatedly stuff their approach by either smart space control or predictively shoving a hitbox into where they’re going, and being able to condition or frustrate opponents to get them stuck back in my zoning blender.

How can I translate this to Tekken? There seem to be a few characters who have good keepout tools but nobody I’ve tried so far “feels” right - I probably just don’t know enough about Tekken yet to understand what I’m looking for. So yeah, any other Degenerate Zoner Enjoyers in other games got character suggestions?

As someone who got into tekken 7 as a 2d zoner player that had never really played a 3d game before, my suggestion is to look up the fergus tekken 8 character synopsis guide and choose any character listed as having a "strong poking game"

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

The most powerful move from being grounded is usually either holding back or just laying there like a depressed rear end in a top hat

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Orv posted:

I recommend not being kicked, for starters

(I don’t have actually useful info though, Lee players are usually terrifying eEXcellent~!)

Lee rules, I'm going to do this every time he gets mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

yeah all those top tier players dominating ranked by abusing modern must be stopped.

I keep getting dped out of existence. am I so predictable with my jump ins?

...No, It's the modern controls who are wrong.