Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
After a night of crashes we're back pals.

Except for Josie she ain't back :-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
The greatest UI change Bamco ever did was put the drat name of the character in the UI. loving t7 was rough in the lower ranks with people smurfing with crazy costumes and you had no idea what character you were up against.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
You should play ranked over casual matches. Ranked will place you vs. people of your skill level (generally true, except for smurfs/new game time needed for ranks to stabilize). Casual will put you vs. whomever, and you don't know if they're TGP or what.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Just been playing some Asuka. I still don't know combos worth drat but having fun. Keep defaulting back to my Josie moves that are just unsafe with Asuka :-/ Can't db2 to save my rear end with range

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Skjorte posted:

I customized my main for the first time since launch day, and when I went back into Ranked and picked the new costume, my next fight had me locked into the special control thingymajig where every button does something completely different than normally. And heat engage did not exist, because I'd removed it as a shortcut in my controller setup on day one. I still beat the garyu-ranked Hwoarang I was matched against though, so now I know the key to that matchup is to forget every move and setup I've ever learned.

I ran into this exact same stupid bug as well.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

great big cardboard tube posted:

Are you guys also facing an unreasonably high percentage of people who 1 and done in ranked?

I think the only thing in this game worse than feeling like I got gimmicked out is getting denied the opportunity to try again knowing what they're gonna do.

I guess I should start digging into the replay system

That depends on who you are playing. If you're a very popular character I sometimes just go one and done because I actually just played vs. that character 3 times in a row; you just don't know that.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Five Kazuya's in a row can yall wannabe edgy nerds gently caress off

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I want my boy to cum in some pandussy for once.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I did some punishment training last night and it made me realize I'm like 1/4 of a second too slow in hitting some of my punishers.

I think it's because when I play, I'll try and follow and be a step early to what the enemy is doing so then I get counter-hit. So I learned to not do that, but that caused me to be a bit late on executing my 14/15 frame punishers.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I'm actually loving psychic at tracking hell sweeps. I'll crouch at the right time and perfectly track the enemy rise up with me, letting go of db, effectively ending my low defense and getting launched into the stratosphere.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Just poke the gently caress out of them with db3 as a start. Then mix in db1 and other poo poo as you get comfortable testing them with db3. It doesn't have to lead to a 70 damage combo.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Has anyone messed with the rollback settings? I'm playing on a wired fiber connection and wondering if changing away from standard would do much?

I tried a couple games last night with prioritized responsiveness and a few prioritize fluidity but I think due to the opponents connection I couldn't tell what was better.

I normally only accept 5bars wired in ranked and 4+ wired/wireless in quick play.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I only rage art when I misinput some sort of f 1 2 option. 90% of my rage arts are misinputs.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Weasling Weasel posted:

I've grabbed the two combos from the thread above (Launch into FF2,3 DB1,4 FF4 FF2 1+2 and DB4,3 2,1,2 dd2, 1+2) and I'm going to practice them and just throw a my ranked sessions today just to try and get them out regularly. Good thing about being at green rank is there's no loss penalty, so it feels like free practice.
Like wise, I'll trry the F4 4 and FF1 B4 frametraps on top of the 1 B3 to see if they feel any better and add a bit more variety to the kit. Looks like's a few goons in here who have picked Asuka as beginners so hopefully we can trade notes as we get better.
Only thing can stop me is my unyielding itch to want to try someone new all the time.

Char posted:

If you manage to consistently time the first juggle combo tell me how you're doing it, I can land the final FF2 like once in four attempts, it should be an easy combo therefore if I'm failing it means I'm doing something very wrong.

Anyway I'm liking Asuka as a training character because she forces me to stop trying to rushdown everything, ymmv.

I don't know if either of you have seen this video, but the one thing I didn't realize I needed to be doing to finish my combos with Asuka was the sidestep right before the ender. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVpijyks9bQ
I think I was doing it haphazardly some time after the tornado and getting the combo without understanding why it dropped other times.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Been thrown out of a lot of heat bursts smdh

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Just don't get launched lol

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
That's why you do it and focus on doing it non-stop for multiple games until you don't think about it.

The other night I spent all my games doing sabaki parties with Asuka because they're moves I never use. I didn't care what rank they were (orange to blue) I just spent all my time trying to squeeze either the punch or kick parry in. I'm talking just eating EWGFs to the face 0-3 insta rematch to do it again.

I've done it with other moves and mechanics just to see how they work. You could do practice mode, but I just find this more fun through trial and error.

So spend 20-30+ games just focusing on back dash back dash whiff punish. Who cares if you lose, you're learning.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
TBH I don't rematch if real life poo poo pops up

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Just jack it 24/7

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
gary is a great achievement

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I loving love getting someone in the corner and flying off into the air as jack and stomping them for a round win. Works great up until reds and not on purples but it's so fun as gently caress

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I'll buy Eddie once the low level fatal error is fixed

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
They can still do it but you just won't see it.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Pissing shidding and farding myself to death over what the other guy thinks of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I run into the same issue. I just make a mental note not to use punches lol