Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1750157017484824601

the show actually looks kinda cool idk

more to come in OP if i remember!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
It's that time of year to get unreasonably excited about Daytona and then just have your dreams crushed to pieces shortly after.

It'll be different this season, though. NASCAR really loves me.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Drive fast eat rear end

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Very excited for another year of supporting my favorite driver Kyle "Rowdy" Busch, the driver I have always been a big fan of. There is ZERO EVIDENCE that I have never not been a Rowdy fan, and looking forward to a great season!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
I'm ready for King Taco la Batalla en El Coliseo.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Great Value

Much Speed

Wow!

Was hoping to see Frankie in an xfinity or truck but doesn't look like that's happening.

edit: oh, i did not understand the thread title, i thought like walmrt was sponsoring a race or something lmao

Virgil Vox fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 25, 2024

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i hope they have more tracks that make chuds mad this year but it wouldn't surprise me if they dont

whats the over-under on how many more decades before we get a france brat doing a vince-mcmahon-at-congress moment where they just come out and say it's all fake

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jan 25, 2024

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

kidcoelacanth posted:

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1750157017484824601

the show actually looks kinda cool idk

more to come in OP if i remember!

I'm gonna watch the poo poo out of this - NETFLIX documentaries are usually pretty good.

Obviously it'll be edited in a way to bring more fans to the sport, but, hey, whatever works.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I'm gonna watch the poo poo out of this - NETFLIX documentaries are usually pretty good.

Obviously it'll be edited in a way to bring more fans to the sport, but, hey, whatever works.

As long as it doesn't have too much Samantha Busch shoehorning herself into the storyline, I'm looking forward to it, but that might be a big ask.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

As long as it doesn't have too much Samantha Busch shoehorning herself into the storyline, I'm looking forward to it, but that might be a big ask.

Lets hope for the best.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i'd like for it to be good but i probably won't watch it unless it's like, ken burns nascar. i'll just watch the races.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

chamois posted:

ken burns nascar
Now why did you go and just put that out into the universe?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"If you ain't first, you're last." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Asokan Fairwell plays in the background as the camera pans across a vintage photo of a misty morning at Darlington.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

stealie72 posted:

Asokan Fairwell plays in the background as the camera pans across a vintage photo of a misty morning at Darlington.

The 2023 NASCAR Cup season was contested at 30 places...from Richmond in the East to Fontana in the West. From Loudon in the North to Homestead in the south.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

chamois posted:

i'd like for it to be good but i probably won't watch it unless it's like, ken burns nascar. i'll just watch the races.

stealie72 posted:

Now why did you go and just put that out into the universe?

Yeah. Exactly. :(

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

chamois posted:

ken burns nascar

thread title

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5he7pcwrZTo

I have enjoyed this smoke interview

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Kvlt! posted:

thread title

Hahha!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I just finished watching the first episode of the Netflix NASCAR docu-series, and I gotta say, so far so good. Denny Hamlin is the driver featured the most in this episode, and for good reason once you watch it.

I will say that Denny looks older than his 43 years.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Edit: Ty Gibbs is a confirmed jackass. "Trying to rub it in?"

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 31, 2024

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

As of the end of episode three, there's been no sign of Samantha Busch. As a matter of fact Kyle was on screen for about three seconds so far. I can't imagine there will be any Busch sightings at this point as they're going into the round of eight which Kyle was not part of.

All of you video game nerds will probably like Tyler Reddick a bit more after episode three.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

As of the end of episode three, there's been no sign of Samantha Busch. As a matter of fact Kyle was on screen for about three seconds so far. I can't imagine there will be any Busch sightings at this point as they're going into the round of eight which Kyle was not part of.

All of you video game nerds will probably like Tyler Reddick a bit more after episode three.

Didn't they only follow Blaney, Hamlin and 2311 for the show? I've only watched ep 1 so far and Blaney wasn't even really in ep 1 but I thought they only followed a few guys so there might not be any Busch.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i haven't watched it yet but i believe all the focus is placed on like 6 or 7 drivers. probably a smart move so as to not overwhelm with 30+ drivers

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
It’s not bad. A whole lot of Denny, but you get to see his soul get crushed a little so there’s something for everyone.

I kinda wish they would have found a way to work in some of the finer points of racing, like the different ways they draft and get each other loose and air blocking and what goes into setting up the cars for different tracks, etc. - details to help curious new fans get into the sport more easily and take the next step of tuning in and watching live races. But I get why they didn’t.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Howard The Dork posted:

It’s not bad. A whole lot of Denny, but you get to see his soul get crushed a little so there’s something for everyone.

I kinda wish they would have found a way to work in some of the finer points of racing, like the different ways they draft and get each other loose and air blocking and what goes into setting up the cars for different tracks, etc. - details to help curious new fans get into the sport more easily and take the next step of tuning in and watching live races. But I get why they didn’t.

I had the same feeling it couldve been more technical but then I showed the first episode to a friend who didnt kno anything about nascar and she was like "I had no idea they werent just normal cars with bigger engines" so i can appreciate them not overwhelming new fans with too much technical info and just kinda gently introducing everything. Seems to be working tho she really likes the show!

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

For anyone that was going to miss the heat races tonight and tune into the Clash tomorrow night I got bad news for you. Severe weather for Sunday is predicted and they moved the entire even to tonight. Cancelled heats and the LCQ. Fastest 22 cars in practice move on and then the highest in last year's point's that isn't in the top 22.

All times Pacific.
2:30PM PT - NASCAR CUP SERIES practice
5 PM PT - BUSCH LIGHT CLASH at the Coliseum
7:30PM PT - KING TACO LA Batalla

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sunny D livery is always fire. I'd put it the same class as gulf, Castrol and tide

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Netflix show was good. Lots of focus on some younger guys which was fun.

LOL at no crowd for tonight. Time to ditch this format forever.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

it took an act of god to put this thing on TV on the correct day

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Douchebag posted:

LOL at no crowd for tonight. Time to ditch this format forever.

dang, i can't believe the crowd is thin for a race that was supposed to run tomorrow as LA prepares for a cataclysmic rain storm! nascar really bungled this

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

it might be time to move this to a real race track

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

kidcoelacanth posted:

dang, i can't believe the crowd is thin for a race that was supposed to run tomorrow as LA prepares for a cataclysmic rain storm! nascar really bungled this

woulda sold out in wilkesboro

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

it wouldn't surprise me if they moved the football stadium race concept to one of the giganto megachurch college football stadiums somewhere in the south

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Something something cultural divide when you can't get the most car-centric city in the most car-centric country interested in a race.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

Well the heat races were supposed to run tonight so it's not like nothing worth watching was scheduled and they just sprung an event out of nowhere. I expected a little bit bigger crowd than showed, place looked drat near empty on TV. Though windyman was there and he posted a photo from the front stretch I think near the end that was looking pretty full on that side of the track. So maybe it just looked bad on TV. Honestly I think the camera work left a lot to be desired on the night. Zoomed in wayyy to tight on every angle in my opinion.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

It’s a venue with the capacity of talladega that moved a non-points race up a day with like 8 hours notice with a major storm on the way, what do you expect? Why are you making me defend this dumb race?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
That sucked.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

what gear do they use on this track like 2nd?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

bigbillystyle posted:

Didn't they only follow Blaney, Hamlin and 2311 for the show? I've only watched ep 1 so far and Blaney wasn't even really in ep 1 but I thought they only followed a few guys so there might not be any Busch.

Through episode three, this has been pretty much the scenario.

Other drivers are featured as well, but so far it's been favoring those three the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I'm watching the "highlights" of the Clash, and the stands are pretty barren.

Get that poo poo out of L.A., and move it to somewhere in the south on a dirt track where it'll be appreciated a bit more.