Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

iirc trucks and xfinity also run 4 speed transmissions and next gen 5 speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Kvlt! posted:

iirc trucks and xfinity also run 4 speed transmissions and next gen 5 speed

mearn posted:

Xfinity cars are pretty much the last-gen Cup chassis, but still run a carburetor and tapered spacer instead of switching to fuel injection.

ah! these are both good to know. ive wondered how different the xfinity and cup cars are outside of, like, horsepower obviously. i was a big time watcher when i was a kid and only rly got back into it in the past cpl seasons, but at no point did i know anything at all about the like... mechanical part of the cars lol

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Amazing that Bubba salvaged a P8 P7 after that wreck, he's been so good at restarts

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

shiksa posted:

from what ive been told, the trucks are still built and set up much in the same way that nascar cars were set up for decades, whereas the xfinity cars are modeled more after the cup series nextgen cars, which are a huge jump in technology available to drivers/crew chiefs/etc. disclaimer: i dont know goddamn poo poo myself just relating it from someone with a lot of firsthand experience, but its part of what makes the truck series especially kinda cool to me and why i try to catch that instead of cup more. and also, yeah, the aero is way different which makes a huge difference in specifically nascar style oval racing.

plus they look cool and theres a guy there whos named "lawless alan" and that rocks

yeah sorry i didnt mean for it to come off as a loaded troll question. i just literally dont know poo poo about poo poo and was wondering what the functional differences were. with the aero, is the center of drag/downforce farther forward, making the rear less planted?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

curried lamb of God posted:

Amazing that Bubba salvaged a P8 P7 after that wreck, he's been so good at restarts

If Bubba didn't have to pit, he'd probably have multiple wins this year.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

well yeah but you could say that about any driver

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Reminder- LOL ARCADega is today at 12:30 Eastern on FS1.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

whats lol about arca at talladega

sorry if i keep asking stupid newbie questions. nobody in my family was a nascar fan growing up

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Ooof that's a hard hit

Edit: they need to do something about that section of the wall

Double edit: when u edit a post here the message should say "made unapproved adjustments"

Virgil Vox fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 20, 2024

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cactus Ghost posted:

whats lol about arca at talladega

sorry if i keep asking stupid newbie questions. nobody in my family was a nascar fan growing up

Drivers with little to no experience on superspeedways + drivers who don't brake when they should ("ARCA Brakes") = (usually) unnecessarily big wrecks.

Today was not one of those days however.

E- Daytona, but the same idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ISYdn8hh0

The Bob's Burgers soundtrack in the meme is not for the 60 car but the one that piles in much later.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 20, 2024

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

At least it wasn't Ahill

Would've been hilarious if deegan got it

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

that poo poo was tough to watch but career best 12th place for deegan

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Are they running 3/4 throttle as an entire pack again to save fuel like they did at Daytona?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

if only bubbas pit crew had done a little worse

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

zzzzzz

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Decent race, McDowell had to block there but no overtime and basically finishing under green was the best we could ask for

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

brad played that perfectly, mcdowell got desperate

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Wadding up the whole field on the last lap is only worth it if someone funny wins

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Knew it was all over for brad once mcdowell initiated that second(?) block. Some good bits despite the fuel saving [spk of fuel I still can't believe love had enough :thunk:], I tuned out before they rebroadcasted the huge wreck, so didn't really know what happened. Many hard hits this wknd. I liked the Joey and uhhh who was that blaney? blocking maneuver and battle but of course they cut away. Still no trucks this week ...:sigh:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

jones broke he back (spinal fracture)

https://twitter.com/LEGACYMotorClub/status/1782847078852362392

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

that really sucks.. this is more of a reason to stop racing at these dumbass super big plate tracks sure it's exciting when big junk happens, and the pass on the last lap after hours of circling the drain is neat to see but it continues to injure drivers.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i know it might have been a sucky race on TV but my Dad and I have dreamed of going to Talladega for 20+ years and we finally made it, we were right on the start/finish line during the big wreck and finally got to see the track in person we both always dreamed of so at least SOMETHING good happened this weekend!!

the museum at Talladega is wicked cool too if anyone ever goes to a race there id def reccomend stopping and checking it out

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

they need to shut down LEGACY MC. what a factory of sadness that team's turned into.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

chamois posted:

they need to shut down LEGACY MC. what a factory of sadness that team's turned into.

Both their cars were top 20 in points like last week.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

CBJSprague24 posted:

Both their cars were top 20 in points like last week.

Yeah I feel like that at least the 43 car has only gotten better over the last few years and yeah up until now with Erik having to miss races he was 20th in points and JHN is 22nd.

You could argue it's time for Jimmie to just get away from the track and become an owner and stop Darrell Waltriping his legacy though. I mean he has the perfect mentor to go from top driver to car owner/spokesman for the team in Jeff Gordon. I'm sure Jimmie still has access to him.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/NASCARONFOX/status/1784638903208591868

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Battle for the lead? Better show this 4 min segment from last week

Edit 4 stuck toddler: can't they just have the track crew screw in a tow hook, or maybe fabric ones?

Virgil Vox fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 28, 2024

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I haven't watched NASCAR in forever...uhm...the gently caress is a stage win with a checkered flag??

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

I haven't watched NASCAR in forever...uhm...the gently caress is a stage win with a checkered flag??

Races are now broken into three segments called Stages, where the top 10 drivers pick up points and the Stage Winner gets a Playoff Point toward the Playoffs.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i cant wait to tell my kids where i was during the absolute worst race of all time

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i was not watching it

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Denny Hamlin talked his poo poo and backed it up. He rules.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Sab0921 posted:

NASCAR decided they have too many fans and have settled on this as a way to solve that problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Using the air wake as a defense is too overpowered

Kept the tv on and this 4wide drag racing is kinda cool; I knew tony Stewart was involved but I didn't know he was driving!!