Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Make the Clash a rotating race. On actual race tracks. This would have been so much better at Iowa or Nashville.

Have they done anything to improve the short track package this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

they've tested and tried everything except the thing everyone actually wants (more horsepower)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There was some beating and banging so I was pretty happy with that race.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
I was able to finish the Netflix show this week. Overall I guess I like it but I felt like they focused a lot on the drama and suspense of the outcomes of the races rather than the stuff going on outside the cockpit of the car. Drive to Survive seems to focus a lot less on the actual races and only provide clips of the races for context of what is going on within the rest of the episode where as the NASCAR show seemed to sprinkle in other stuff while mainly focusing on the cutoff races themselves. I'd bet that 90%+ of the viewership of that show knows Blaney won the championship so the whole drama of will he or won't he was kind of silly in my opinion.

Maybe there are people who have never watched NASCAR but watched Drive to Survive see this and go, awesome a new race documentary series. They watch it and get a great introduction to the playoff format and some of the drivers and they gain a few more new fans but I feel like that is kind of a stretch. Anyway I hope they keep it going but I'd like to see more of the Week in the Life behind the curtain kind of stuff rather than focusing on some pitstop drama from lap 74 of a race that happened 3 or 4 months ago.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Malcom in the midpack

Frankie will get an xfinity ride @ daytona

https://x.com/frankiemuniz/status/1756056891011318056?s=20

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Virgil Vox posted:

Malcom in the midpack

Frankie will get an xfinity ride @ daytona

https://x.com/frankiemuniz/status/1756056891011318056?s=20

He's raced at Daytona before, so he shouldn't be a complete mess racing there in Xfinity. We'll see.

He'll have to make the field first, of course.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

bigbillystyle posted:

I was able to finish the Netflix show this week. Overall I guess I like it but I felt like they focused a lot on the drama and suspense of the outcomes of the races rather than the stuff going on outside the cockpit of the car. Drive to Survive seems to focus a lot less on the actual races and only provide clips of the races for context of what is going on within the rest of the episode where as the NASCAR show seemed to sprinkle in other stuff while mainly focusing on the cutoff races themselves. I'd bet that 90%+ of the viewership of that show knows Blaney won the championship so the whole drama of will he or won't he was kind of silly in my opinion.

Maybe there are people who have never watched NASCAR but watched Drive to Survive see this and go, awesome a new race documentary series. They watch it and get a great introduction to the playoff format and some of the drivers and they gain a few more new fans but I feel like that is kind of a stretch. Anyway I hope they keep it going but I'd like to see more of the Week in the Life behind the curtain kind of stuff rather than focusing on some pitstop drama from lap 74 of a race that happened 3 or 4 months ago.

I'm watching episode four now, and I've just learned that Denny Hamlin's Dad is about 127 years old.

Denny's parents had to be in their forties when Denny was born, or they're voracious smokers and drinkers. Wow.

Edit: Maybe a new thread title?

Denny Hamln posted:

"loving Joey. He's such a piece of poo poo human."

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 11, 2024

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i just learned that apparently numerous professional racecar drivers, including nascar drivers, are banned from iracing for various reasons. for some reason that's very humanizing.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Cactus Ghost posted:

i just learned that apparently numerous professional racecar drivers, including nascar drivers, are banned from iracing for various reasons. for some reason that's very humanizing.

One of them got banned from NASCAR while iRacing

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cactus Ghost posted:

I just started playing iRacing and holy poo poo, spinning at Tsukuba, trying to roll out of the groove and getting drilled anyway, and getting like 7x for the inconvenience loving sucks.

So does getting drilled in the LR by a spinning car while trying to miss it and getting a 4x.

E- And driving a Legend at Langley and getting a stop and hold for diving into the pit exit to avoid t-boning someone.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 12, 2024

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

CBJSprague24 posted:

I just started playing iRacing and holy poo poo, spinning at Tsukuba, trying to roll out of the groove and getting drilled anyway, and getting like 7x for the inconvenience loving sucks.

So does getting drilled in the LR by a spinning car while trying to miss it and getting a 4x.

E- And driving a Legend at Langley and getting a stop and hold for diving into the pit exit to avoid t-boning someone.

ok but did you say the n word

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah iRacing doesn't attempt to lay blame on the auto system.

When I did it over a decade ago they claimed it was fine because safe drivers don't get hit so often. Which sounded to me like "Determining fault is hard".

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Cactus Ghost posted:

ok but did you say the n word

Up Up Gas Gas Left Left Left Left N***** Brake Apologize is the cheat code. Gets you all those sweet achievements and a kick rear end car.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

mischief posted:

Up Up Gas Gas Left Left Left Left N***** Brake Apologize is the cheat code. Gets you all those sweet achievements and a kick rear end car.

"Hard Rs Earn Hendrick Cars"

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wait till you start getting netcode 4x's, always a good time. The picture I attached is the point of "contact" we never got any closer than what is pictured, 4x. It was my only incident of the race and I still lost SR.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I think I see your problem there.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

bigbillystyle posted:

Wait till you start getting netcode 4x's, always a good time. The picture I attached is the point of "contact" we never got any closer than what is pictured, 4x. It was my only incident of the race and I still lost SR.

SR is based on a fixed range of corners. So you could have a clean race fall out of calculation on top of the race with a 4x and thus lose SR.

Iracing certainly has problems with SR and it's a cruel system sometimes, but there's no other game (sorry it's a game folks) where people generally race safely and don't corner bomb like you get with other games.

The next season is going to introduce rain for some car series, so it'll be a real shitshow.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

SR is based on a fixed range of corners. So you could have a clean race fall out of calculation on top of the race with a 4x and thus lose SR.

Iracing certainly has problems with SR and it's a cruel system sometimes, but there's no other game (sorry it's a game folks) where people generally race safely and don't corner bomb like you get with other games.

The next season is going to introduce rain for some car series, so it'll be a real shitshow.

Oh yeah I totally get how it works just frustrating to drive by a car that was spun out by someone else and get punished for "contact". But yeah the rain is going to really make things interesting. I wonder if it will relax contact points to 2x or something? Like in dirt oval you can make some pretty significant contact and get 0x or 2x instead of the 4x it would be on paved oval. Gonna be real interesting for sure.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

News that will shock no one: it's gunna rain this weekend in Daytona.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Even with the invocation before every race it's clear that god hates nascar.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

big nipples big life posted:

Even with the invocation before every race it's clear that god hates nascar.

Unfortunately they've been praying to the wrong god and the sadness will continue until the France family embraces the light of Allah

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

drat I would love to see the fallout from an imam giving the invocation.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/joe_exotic/status/1758233820707328138?t=0nNr0_at14VkkbqBPUKldA&s=19

:psyboom:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
They look like Super Soakers covered in paint thrown at a wall.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

those paint schemes aint worth a velvet paintin of a whale and a donkey gettin it on

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Lawless Alan is such a nascar name.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

camoseven posted:

Unfortunately they've been praying to the wrong god and the sadness will continue until the France family embraces the light of Allah

that's the same god. no half-measures, start invoking Tefnut

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

the 33 looks alright but he wrecked it already

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Due to the threat of rain, LOL ARCAtona will run following the completion of the Truck race at approximately 10:30pm Eastern.

The race will begin on FS2 and shift to FS1 following basketball.

SVG DNQ'd but it appears Spire bought him a spot in the field.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

why doesn't nascar do rain? is it just that at those speeds the visibility would be zero from spray?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSPiFcL4rCo

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cactus Ghost posted:

why doesn't nascar do rain? is it just that at those speeds the visibility would be zero from spray?

the physics of high speed ovals make it functionality impossible to maintain grip

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AFAIK no wet tire can pump enough water to maintain grip on an oval.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It's worth noting they've devised a package that can run in damp conditions on short tracks in addition to the standard wet weather configuration for road courses.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wow. Like 3 trucks will finish unscathed.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

that last wreck was nasty

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
I actually enjoy Michael Waltrip but he’s just completely cooked huh

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

dammit arca

I knew I shouldn't have stayed up for it lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/i/status/1758695901571215639/

:perfect:

Toni Breidinger needs to figure out how to watch replays before assessing blame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Toni Breidinger needs to figure out how to watch replays before assessing blame.

yeah she was going off on the dude

https://x.com/Danny10_DotCom/status/1758709725448060978?s=20

edit: lmao at the 3 just plowing right at the 69 twice this race is incredible even for arca