Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I thought the truck race was more of a clown show than the ARCA race. That's saying something.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Toni Breidinger needs to figure out how to watch replays before assessing blame.

The new Danica of NASCAR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

The new Danica of NASCAR.

how so

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
More attitude than talent.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Willie Mullins was a great story...but he just couldn't get the ARCA Brakes out of his system. :(

She's not that talented and will likely sustain a career on the basis of sponsorship alone, she's in love with herself, and it's never her fault.

Danica was treated fairly badly while racing in Europe and, even when she got to America and was respected to the point of being fawned over, never let it go. She developed a massive ego and was God's gift to racing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8myKxVabsvo

The run-in with Denny depicted in the video was because she was so garbage the previous season that, in top-tier equipment, she was in danger of missing the Daytona 500 and almost wrecked herself to nearly do it.

e- In Breidinger's case, I think it was last year(?) where she ran Daytona and her spotter got on her because admitted she was lifting to slow down for the corners. Anyone with any vague knowledge of anything "racing on a superspeedway" knows the answer.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 17, 2024

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah but Danica Patrick made it into a Sonic All Stars Racing game so really who's the true winner here

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Deegan is the current Danica. She keeps getting new and better rides with nothing to show for it.

Granted, she’s probably more talented than Danica, but I don’t think we have seen it yet. She is massively marketable though which is probably just as appealing as winning races these days (Same as Danica was).

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Douchebag posted:

Deegan is the current Danica. She keeps getting new and better rides with nothing to show for it.

Granted, she’s probably more talented than Danica, but I don’t think we have seen it yet. She is massively marketable though which is probably just as appealing as winning races these days (Same as Danica was).

This is probably more accurate than what I said.

A better comparison may be that Toni Breidinger is the new Milka Duno.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

This is probably more accurate than what I said.

A better comparison may be that Toni Breidinger is the new Milka Duno.

i thought duno raced open wheel stuff

e: oh, she did the arca series too. neat, i did not know that

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 18, 2024

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

See y’all tomorrow

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Xfinity postponed to 9pm tonight.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sun out now in central florida, the weather has finally moved off.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

2 ez for willy b

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Also if you're a citizen of Abu Dhabi like me, the Abhu Dhabi Sports TV feed features absolutely no commercials so you get like 5 minutes of pure racing without Mike Joy saying incorrect information and cutting away to dj khaled's wendys minigolf fuckfest during green flag racing

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Accepting that call for the street race against Ryan Newman may have been the greatest decision of William Byron's life.

(Because he's an EA Sports NASCAR character brought to life is the joke if you're not familiar with the game.)

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
That was the dumbest 500 in a while. Coverage, car, racing, finish.

That was trash.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
poo poo, now I don't feel bad about forgetting it was on.

At least Byron was in his paint car, not his Pat Robertson car.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 20, 2024

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Accepting that call for the street race against Ryan Newman may have been the greatest decision of William Byron's life.

(Because he's an EA Sports NASCAR character brought to life is the joke if you're not familiar with the game.)

I got this reference :)

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

chamois posted:

... and cutting away to dj khaled's wendys minigolf fuckfest ...

This needed to be quoted.

And I agree 100%.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

chamois posted:

Also if you're a citizen of Abu Dhabi like me, the Abhu Dhabi Sports TV feed features absolutely no commercials so you get like 5 minutes of pure racing without Mike Joy saying incorrect information and cutting away to dj khaled's wendys minigolf fuckfest during green flag racing

:yeah:, love the international stream

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

NOOoo Muniz, Shane :qq:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Virgil Vox posted:

NOOoo Muniz, Shane :qq:

Shane's still in, but a lap down. Frankie is out.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

chamois posted:

blessed we are to live in such a glorious country with unparalleled NASCAR coverage

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
My Ross Chastain boosting rear end is feeling like a 49ers fan today.

But also I'm not surprised that Ross ended up as he did after that final restart with zero help and surrounded by Hendrick drivers and him being Ross Chastain.

Whenever the Trackhouse drivers get a good opportunity to try and link up they seldom fail to hang each other out to dry.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
The weather for Atlanta this week looks promising! Ever since the 2022 reconfiguration Atlanta is probably my favorite track on the circuit.

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 22, 2024

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Atlanta is good.

NASCAR Atlanta package is bad.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

new atlanta fully sucks poo poo on a conceptual level

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

the duality of atlanta

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

new atlanta fully sucks poo poo on a conceptual level

New vs the original oval style that had the epic Kulwicki/Elliott race? Or new as in current shape but repaved?

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Are you guys going to be like the F1 fanbase and hate on the new fans that the show brings in?

Thankfully, I was able to understand NASCAR a bit more and how it all works thanks to the show. I’m looking forward to jumping in.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
seconding that. The netflix show is the only time I've been able to comprehend how the playoffs work

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Modulo16 posted:

Are you guys going to be like the F1 fanbase and hate on the new fans that the show brings in?

Thankfully, I was able to understand NASCAR a bit more and how it all works thanks to the show. I’m looking forward to jumping in.

Go gently caress yourself, new person. :v:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
which drivers are assholes and which are good to like?

so far i have enjoyed: bubba, chastain (is he the guy that did the video game move against the wall last year?), reddick, and byron

denny hamlin is an obvious douchebag and ryan blaney seems like a real hothead! also not a logano fan i think

when i was a kid rusty wallace was my favorite driver because i thought the MGD car looked cool as hell but that was probably the last time i watched nascar until last year

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

everyone loves Chase Elliott

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

the old guy in the hat. which specific one doesn't matter, you see an old guy with a hat he's the man

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the milk machine posted:

which drivers are assholes and which are good to like?

genuinely the answer is to just watch and pick for yourself, you're never going to get a straight answer from a bunch of dipshits on an internet forum. seems like you're already got a good idea of who you like and don't

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Lot of people are really divided on Ross but if you like a guy willing to make dumb decisions and race everyone around him like it is the last lap every lap he's your guy. Larson is similar but he gets a lot of poo poo here for some pretty crappy behavior online a while back. Personally I like them both.

Bubba is a very charismatic and likeable driver but he's hard on fans because he kind of sucks. Lots of almosts and could have beens with him but he seems like a legit great dude.

Reddick is kind of a low key rear end in a top hat of a driver, he stays pretty well under the radar mostly but he won't hesitate to stand up for himself on track even if it pisses people off.

Logano and Hamlin, as painful as it is to say, kind of represent an older guard of driver these days. They've both seen and done it all and really don't have any patience or tolerance for bullshit. Logano is also one of the funnier interviews out there.

Blaney should be everyone's answer for a new driver. He's a very talented driver from a racing family, born in NC, hilarious interviews and just generally getting poo poo done here in the last two years. He can also grow one of the most amazing mullet/mustache combos in the garage, probably only second to SASCAR thread favorite Stenhouse (otherwise known as Wrecky Shithouse, Breakfast Steakhouse, that rear end in a top hat, and Danica's ex-boyfriend).

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Spinhouse

I don't have any fav drivers at the cup level; I just like the racing, but if it's a battle then i'll favor an underdog i.e. not a hendrick car

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

kidcoelacanth posted:

genuinely the answer is to just watch and pick for yourself, you're never going to get a straight answer from a bunch of dipshits on an internet forum. seems like you're already got a good idea of who you like and don't

yeah i recognize this as the truth, but i've been following f1 for several years now and internet dipshits are a load bearing part of the sport so i thought i'd see how the nascar world works :cool:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i will say the most universally hated driver in nascar right now is probably ty gibbs, can't go wrong booing him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'd be surprised if ty gibbs liked ty gibbs.