Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Howard The Dork posted:

Did Goodyear make a new tire that is causing all the “marbles”? They seem to be a new problem this year. Or is that all from the resin?

All resin, that was the same tire they used at Bristol last fall. The track just didn't take any rubber.

That was fun, can't believe that last run went green as long as it did. Props to NASCAR for not throwing a caution when there were probably like eight excuses to do it when people started getting flat tires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Some wild moments. Was hoping the Gibbs cars would start fighting and/or use up there stuff allowing Brad to get it. He's gonna win [at least] one this year I can feel it.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
As a newcomer, that was really fun - close-ish finish and it was wild to see the speed difference between the guys on different tire strategies. Just as good of a race as Atlanta, imo

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Do yall think theyll use the resin again for the night race or go back to the Pj1?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think that the lower line is better racing but I have no proof other than "It's like they used to".

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Virgil Vox posted:

Some wild moments. Was hoping the Gibbs cars would start fighting and/or use up there stuff allowing Brad to get it. He's gonna win [at least] one this year I can feel it.

Post reported

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Race was okay but it was cold and lovely so laid on the couch and watched napscar

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

mearn posted:

All resin, that was the same tire they used at Bristol last fall. The track just didn't take any rubber.

That was fun, can't believe that last run went green as long as it did. Props to NASCAR for not throwing a caution when there were probably like eight excuses to do it when people started getting flat tires.

I was listening to Denny's podcast today and his eventual conclusion was that it had to be a track temperature thing because people were blaming the resin but there wasn't resin in the middle/top and they didn't take any rubber either. He initially thought the new tires had something wrong in the mix to make them wear so much compared to old tires but they said on the broadcast that the extra set that was approved were holdovers from last year and they wore just as bad. Air temp is all I could find data for and at race start yesterday it was around 60F and in the fall race at race start it was around 75F so that could have played a factor. You figure they don't actually have any Bristol tire wear trends or stats for the spring from the last 3 years due to the dirt race.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Zillich thinking these things brake like a mx5 cup car

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
Holy cow LOL entire rear end axle housing just rolling across the track

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 23, 2024

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Howard The Dork posted:

Holy cow LOL entire rear end axle housing just rolling across the track

https://twitter.com/nascaronfox/status/1771624269954298081?s=46&t=tNd-kmXLA48-FlD0XxcYIQ

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Hold 'em off on the restart Shane!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

God damnit Kyle gently caress off.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i love tires races

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I knew larson would be coming with fresh tires that was a smart gamble; oh well least it was exciting

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Awe double gently caress SVG caught a penalty on last lap too.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

what is Spinhouse's deal w/ Kobayashi; he ran into him twice at indy last year too lmao

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

good thing they added back stage break cautions or this would've been a snoozer

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

2ez for willy b

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Feel like this is the fourth or fifth time Bell needed one more lap to win

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Marco was told to drive the wheels off his car, so he did it.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Ungratek posted:

Feel like this is the fourth or fifth time Bell needed one more lap to win

You're dreaming, Bell needed 6-7 more to close the distance and pull off the overtake. Byron was nursing those tires and brakes in case he needed to defend, he had plenty left to hold off anybody getting close.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Hopefully we can get some of that Bristol tire shredding magic at Richmond.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Howard The Dork posted:

Hopefully we can get some of that Bristol tire shredding magic at Richmond.

Sorry but they're using the Phoenix tire.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

ahhhhh hahaha, chaos caution, love it

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Truex is so salty, drat.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Drive it like you stole it

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Hoo boy this looks bad

https://twitter.com/mtjhub/status/1774652192676266093?s=12&t=z4MAJ5MpPysjX_7kQzUgDg

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

he absolutely jumped but nascar's going to claim flexibility in the line because they don't want to deal with taking away a win, because nothing matters, eat arby's

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

its sports entertainment

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Watching Truex go from stomping to full meltdown in five minutes was great. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

a chase is a race imo

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Ungratek posted:

Watching Truex go from stomping to full meltdown in five minutes was great. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

i hated seeing Hamlin win but Truex being miserable and throwing a temper tantrum was so worth it

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kvlt! posted:

i hated seeing Hamlin win but Truex being miserable and throwing a temper tantrum was so worth it

:hmmyes:

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Go back to restarts with the flagperson dropping the green imo

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

it seems like nascar thinks there are denny hamlin fans out there that will be mad if they apply the rules to him or something. jeff gluck is the only denny hamlin fan. you can park him every week nobody would get mad.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

We All Hate Dennis

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

its less about dennis winning and more about mtj losing.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I, for one, welcome the Dark Denny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

If we have to suffer through a dominant season by Denny only for him to finish 2 seconds back in the championship race, so be it. Sign me up.