Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

mischief posted:

Go gently caress yourself, new person. :v:

gently caress you buddy! Also can anyone explain the Ford/Chevy/Toyota thing? Is that a category as well where the automaker wins too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

What is Spire's connection to Hendrick? Bowman, Elliott, and Larson all raced for Spire and the Spire truck ran a Hendrickcars.com livery but I cant seem to find a business/official connection between them or maybe im just dumb

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Excuse me.. Daytona 500 winner wrecky poo poo house. I love my tetlet paper Daytona 500 winner shirt.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Modulo16 posted:

gently caress you buddy! Also can anyone explain the Ford/Chevy/Toyota thing? Is that a category as well where the automaker wins too?

It is but it’s not a big deal to most people. The most that it matters is people dislike Toyota for not being American.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Ungratek posted:

It is but it’s not a big deal to most people. The most that it matters is people dislike Toyota for not being American.

im the opposite lol im a Chevy guy but Toyota makes great cars so ill root for a Toyota over a Ford

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
Ford: The blue oval, or "bloval" as I like to call it.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i dislike toyota because all the toyota drivers are dickheads, and it isn't american. i dislike ford because gently caress ford.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Ungratek posted:

Yeah they have really watered down the manufacturers with the last few iterations of cars so that they almost all look exactly the same so it doesn't really matter. It doesn't even matter to most of the owners except the big 3 for each manufacturer, Hendrick/Chevy, Penske/Ford, Gibbs/Toyota. Most of the smaller teams will just run whoever they can get the most support from though I doubt Roush would ever leave Ford nor Childress ever leave Chevy. Tony Stewart made such a big deal about keeping partnered with Chevy for all his teams when Gibbs switched from GM to Toyota I never thought he would switch, especially since his Cup program was getting Hendrick partnership help but Stewart/Haas has been running Ford for what like 5 or 6 years now? Honestly I kind of miss the days of teams complaining about aero advantage because of the nose of this manufacturer over that manufacturer and whatnot and now all 3 manufacturers have to fit the same templates.

Most of the drivers don't even have sponsorship identity or even number identity since so many of them jump teams now so it's basically you find a few drivers you like and you just follow them wherever they go and hope for the best.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

mischief posted:

Blaney should be everyone's answer for a new driver. He's a very talented driver from a racing family, born in NC

Blaney was born in Ohio.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I root for Bubba because he's cool and everything he does makes the worst people on earth really mad

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Are they going to do that Chicago streetcourse race again? That was neat.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

I root for Bubba because he's cool and everything he does makes the worst people on earth really mad

This.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

:hai:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

same but with Max in F1

I always tell friends getting into NASCAR if you truly dont know who to root for just wait for the next race and pick a lucky number or the number closest to your bday. It's just fun to root for someone, doesnt really matter who

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Ungratek posted:

Fun fact Toyota has more American employees than Chevy, and almost as many as Ford. So maybe the cognitive dissonance is too much.

Still, good to know.

I liked the 23XI drivers, and I respect Denny. Joey seems like a weasel and Ross seems like a guy who would fight you in a bar after he drank too many shots of Jack. He gets points for the video game move though, I remember see that clip and it’s what honestly got me wondering what was going on in NASCAR.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Modulo16 posted:

Fun fact Toyota has more American employees than Chevy, and almost as many as Ford. So maybe the cognitive dissonance is too much.

Still, good to know.

I liked the 23XI drivers, and I respect Denny. Joey seems like a weasel and Ross seems like a guy who would fight you in a bar after he drank too many shots of Jack. He gets points for the video game move though, I remember see that clip and it’s what honestly got me wondering what was going on in NASCAR.

a good chunk of toyotas are made in America too, so its always been a silly argument. Even if they were all designed, made, and manafactured in Japan, for me (a Chevy/GM fan) that would be awesome, an opportunity to compete and show American cars are better.

I think Toyota joining wouldnt have been as upsetting for fans if brands like Dodge hadnt left.

Im torn on 23XI personally. I hate Denny but I love Michael Jordan.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

mischief posted:

Lot of people are really divided on Ross but if you like a guy willing to make dumb decisions and race everyone around him like it is the last lap every lap he's your guy. Larson is similar but he gets a lot of poo poo here for some pretty crappy behavior online a while back. Personally I like them both.

Bubba is a very charismatic and likeable driver but he's hard on fans because he kind of sucks. Lots of almosts and could have beens with him but he seems like a legit great dude.

Reddick is kind of a low key rear end in a top hat of a driver, he stays pretty well under the radar mostly but he won't hesitate to stand up for himself on track even if it pisses people off.

Logano and Hamlin, as painful as it is to say, kind of represent an older guard of driver these days. They've both seen and done it all and really don't have any patience or tolerance for bullshit. Logano is also one of the funnier interviews out there.

Blaney should be everyone's answer for a new driver. He's a very talented driver from a racing family, born in NC, hilarious interviews and just generally getting poo poo done here in the last two years. He can also grow one of the most amazing mullet/mustache combos in the garage, probably only second to SASCAR thread favorite Stenhouse (otherwise known as Wrecky Shithouse, Breakfast Steakhouse, that rear end in a top hat, and Danica's ex-boyfriend).

This a very informative and good post.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Modulo16 posted:

it's literally just a sponsorship

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i want to see someone pick some long-defunct foreign coachmaker as their """manufacturer""". Bubba makes the switch to Landaulette

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

a good chunk of toyotas are made in America too, so its always been a silly argument. Even if they were all designed, made, and manafactured in Japan, for me (a Chevy/GM fan) that would be awesome, an opportunity to compete and show American cars are better.

I think Toyota joining wouldnt have been as upsetting for fans if brands like Dodge hadnt left.

Oldsmobile and Buick only ran Cup until the early-mid ‘90s, and for a few years it was just Chevy, Pontiac and Ford. It’s been at a weird point of stasis for some time, and I’d honestly be surprised if anyone hated Toyota because of the Japanese heritage instead of the teams running them.

Also it was much more fun when GM had four brands competing.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

if chuds on twitter are any indication, there's plenty of people mad about (((imports))) in nascar

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

^^ what this guy said.

harperdc posted:

Oldsmobile and Buick only ran Cup until the early-mid ‘90s, and for a few years it was just Chevy, Pontiac and Ford. It’s been at a weird point of stasis for some time, and I’d honestly be surprised if anyone hated Toyota because of the Japanese heritage instead of the teams running them.

Also it was much more fun when GM had four brands competing.

Look in your heart, this is nascar, mad that bubba made it so they can't fly the Traitors Flag at a race.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Cactus Ghost posted:

if chuds on twitter are any indication, there's plenty of people mad about (((imports))) in nascar

The perfect time for Kia or Hyundai to enter the sport.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

Nah bring Ferrari and see how often the cars fail on the track.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Went to Daytona, good time in spite of the weather imo. Did not stay for ARCA or Xfinity because at some point I got old

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Kvlt! posted:

same but with Max in F1

Oh so your question in that thread wasn't in good faith. Got it.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Paying2Lurk posted:

Oh so your question in that thread wasn't in good faith. Got it.

no it was. i can make a joke about Max being widely hated too. Theyre not mutually exclusive.

if it wasnt in good faith i wouldnt run to this thread revealing it lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cactus Ghost posted:

are chuds all that’s left of Twitter? :v:

Modulo16 posted:

Nah bring Ferrari and see how often the cars fail on the track.

Nope, they’d do well, given this would fall under sports car/endurance racing Ferrari.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Jaguar has the highest winning percentage of any manufacturer in NASCAR history.

Hudson has as many manufacturer titles as Toyota.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I love joey & brad in the booth

hoping for some goofyness with this crazy fuel situation here

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

And here I was talking poo poo on all the fuel saving chat by Bad Brad and JoLo.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

COMMON SHANE!!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Fun fact: Austin Hill is Jonah Hill’s cousin.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Virgil Vox posted:

I love joey & brad in the booth

hoping for some goofyness with this crazy fuel situation here

I enjoyed them having fun with the telestrator tools.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Logano has a glove violation(???) and will probably be 2 laps down immediately.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ungratek posted:

Logano has a glove violation(???) and will probably be 2 laps down immediately.

i gotta know whats going on with these gloves what sorta speed racer poo poo is he up to

go michael mcdowell :D

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

prolly not fireproof or SFI

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
It sounds like Logano cut holes or removed fabric from his left glove so it wouldn't have as much drag when he stuck it out the net to signal he is going to pit

Completely insane behavior

https://x.com/knighter01/status/1761824476512006210?s=46&t=CF3Yg9XgdXL6BGcgu4WIXQ

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 25, 2024

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

skaboomizzy posted:

It sounds like Logano cut holes or removed fabric from his left glove so it wouldn't have as much drag when he stuck it out the net to signal he is going to pit

Completely insane behavior

lol that rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

okay yeah that justifies both penalties