Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

chamois posted:

ken burns nascar
Now why did you go and just put that out into the universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Asokan Fairwell plays in the background as the camera pans across a vintage photo of a misty morning at Darlington.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Something something cultural divide when you can't get the most car-centric city in the most car-centric country interested in a race.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
poo poo, now I don't feel bad about forgetting it was on.

At least Byron was in his paint car, not his Pat Robertson car.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 20, 2024

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

I root for Bubba because he's cool and everything he does makes the worst people on earth really mad
:hai:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Counting the pixels to pick the winner. Wow!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
NASCAR is my spring/summer nap background, so as long as there's interesting finishes, I'm happy with two hours of motors droning in the background beforehand.

Of course, I also watch bike racing on TV, which is like NASCAR big track strategy in slomo, so...

Always happy to see Bubba or Suarez do well just for the blood pressure increase it creates for all the worst people. Always happy to see Kyle lose because gently caress that guy (which Kyle? Does it matter?).

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Maybe I'm a philistine, but this race seems to have horshoed itself to "lame"with all these single car spinout cautions.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Truex is so salty, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

Just make every race a season, then you get 36 champs a year!
It might be kind of neat to have inter-season competitions, like short track champion, rookie champion, southern/northern/western tracks champion, etc. Kind of how bike racing will have the overall winner, but also a "king of the hills" champ for fastest hill climbs, a sprint champion for whoever wins the time trial stages, etc.

I assume NASCAR would gently caress that up, somehow.

Edit: You'd think all of the GAMBLE ON SPORTS NOW companies could be all over something like this.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 29, 2024