Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

a good chunk of toyotas are made in America too, so its always been a silly argument. Even if they were all designed, made, and manafactured in Japan, for me (a Chevy/GM fan) that would be awesome, an opportunity to compete and show American cars are better.

I think Toyota joining wouldnt have been as upsetting for fans if brands like Dodge hadnt left.

Oldsmobile and Buick only ran Cup until the early-mid ‘90s, and for a few years it was just Chevy, Pontiac and Ford. It’s been at a weird point of stasis for some time, and I’d honestly be surprised if anyone hated Toyota because of the Japanese heritage instead of the teams running them.

Also it was much more fun when GM had four brands competing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cactus Ghost posted:

if chuds on twitter are any indication, there's plenty of people mad about (((imports))) in nascar

are chuds all that’s left of Twitter? :v:

Modulo16 posted:

Nah bring Ferrari and see how often the cars fail on the track.

Nope, they’d do well, given this would fall under sports car/endurance racing Ferrari.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the milk machine posted:

i'm definitely looking forward to watching next weekend, it's cool to see actual racing happening vs f1

World Endurance Championship also starts in Qatar on Saturday, there’s a lot of good racing coming soon (and also F1) :unsmith:

kidcoelacanth posted:

the main thing to keep in mind is that like any racing series it's never going to be 100% bangers, there are good races bad races etc, don't let a single race color your perception of everything if you're new

Earnestly this. The boring races make the absolute bangers stand out more. If everything is fireworks, then fireworks stop being special.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

You have a future in sports car racing.

And other things related to sports car racing.

Funding sports car racing, specifically :v:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cactus Ghost posted:

jesus harold christ of nazareth speedway