Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

kidcoelacanth posted:

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1750157017484824601

the show actually looks kinda cool idk

more to come in OP if i remember!

I'm gonna watch the poo poo out of this - NETFLIX documentaries are usually pretty good.

Obviously it'll be edited in a way to bring more fans to the sport, but, hey, whatever works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

As long as it doesn't have too much Samantha Busch shoehorning herself into the storyline, I'm looking forward to it, but that might be a big ask.

Lets hope for the best.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

chamois posted:

i'd like for it to be good but i probably won't watch it unless it's like, ken burns nascar. i'll just watch the races.

stealie72 posted:

Now why did you go and just put that out into the universe?

Yeah. Exactly. :(

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Kvlt! posted:

thread title

Hahha!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I just finished watching the first episode of the Netflix NASCAR docu-series, and I gotta say, so far so good. Denny Hamlin is the driver featured the most in this episode, and for good reason once you watch it.

I will say that Denny looks older than his 43 years.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Edit: Ty Gibbs is a confirmed jackass. "Trying to rub it in?"

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 31, 2024

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

As long as it doesn't have too much Samantha Busch shoehorning herself into the storyline, I'm looking forward to it, but that might be a big ask.

As of the end of episode three, there's been no sign of Samantha Busch. As a matter of fact Kyle was on screen for about three seconds so far. I can't imagine there will be any Busch sightings at this point as they're going into the round of eight which Kyle was not part of.

All of you video game nerds will probably like Tyler Reddick a bit more after episode three.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

bigbillystyle posted:

Didn't they only follow Blaney, Hamlin and 2311 for the show? I've only watched ep 1 so far and Blaney wasn't even really in ep 1 but I thought they only followed a few guys so there might not be any Busch.

Through episode three, this has been pretty much the scenario.

Other drivers are featured as well, but so far it's been favoring those three the most.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I'm watching the "highlights" of the Clash, and the stands are pretty barren.

Get that poo poo out of L.A., and move it to somewhere in the south on a dirt track where it'll be appreciated a bit more.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Virgil Vox posted:

Malcom in the midpack

Frankie will get an xfinity ride @ daytona

https://x.com/frankiemuniz/status/1756056891011318056?s=20

He's raced at Daytona before, so he shouldn't be a complete mess racing there in Xfinity. We'll see.

He'll have to make the field first, of course.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

bigbillystyle posted:

I was able to finish the Netflix show this week. Overall I guess I like it but I felt like they focused a lot on the drama and suspense of the outcomes of the races rather than the stuff going on outside the cockpit of the car. Drive to Survive seems to focus a lot less on the actual races and only provide clips of the races for context of what is going on within the rest of the episode where as the NASCAR show seemed to sprinkle in other stuff while mainly focusing on the cutoff races themselves. I'd bet that 90%+ of the viewership of that show knows Blaney won the championship so the whole drama of will he or won't he was kind of silly in my opinion.

Maybe there are people who have never watched NASCAR but watched Drive to Survive see this and go, awesome a new race documentary series. They watch it and get a great introduction to the playoff format and some of the drivers and they gain a few more new fans but I feel like that is kind of a stretch. Anyway I hope they keep it going but I'd like to see more of the Week in the Life behind the curtain kind of stuff rather than focusing on some pitstop drama from lap 74 of a race that happened 3 or 4 months ago.

I'm watching episode four now, and I've just learned that Denny Hamlin's Dad is about 127 years old.

Denny's parents had to be in their forties when Denny was born, or they're voracious smokers and drinkers. Wow.

Edit: Maybe a new thread title?

Denny Hamln posted:

"loving Joey. He's such a piece of poo poo human."

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 11, 2024

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I thought the truck race was more of a clown show than the ARCA race. That's saying something.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Toni Breidinger needs to figure out how to watch replays before assessing blame.

The new Danica of NASCAR.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Douchebag posted:

Deegan is the current Danica. She keeps getting new and better rides with nothing to show for it.

Granted, she’s probably more talented than Danica, but I don’t think we have seen it yet. She is massively marketable though which is probably just as appealing as winning races these days (Same as Danica was).

This is probably more accurate than what I said.

A better comparison may be that Toni Breidinger is the new Milka Duno.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

chamois posted:

... and cutting away to dj khaled's wendys minigolf fuckfest ...

This needed to be quoted.

And I agree 100%.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Virgil Vox posted:

NOOoo Muniz, Shane :qq:

Shane's still in, but a lap down. Frankie is out.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

mischief posted:

Lot of people are really divided on Ross but if you like a guy willing to make dumb decisions and race everyone around him like it is the last lap every lap he's your guy. Larson is similar but he gets a lot of poo poo here for some pretty crappy behavior online a while back. Personally I like them both.

Bubba is a very charismatic and likeable driver but he's hard on fans because he kind of sucks. Lots of almosts and could have beens with him but he seems like a legit great dude.

Reddick is kind of a low key rear end in a top hat of a driver, he stays pretty well under the radar mostly but he won't hesitate to stand up for himself on track even if it pisses people off.

Logano and Hamlin, as painful as it is to say, kind of represent an older guard of driver these days. They've both seen and done it all and really don't have any patience or tolerance for bullshit. Logano is also one of the funnier interviews out there.

Blaney should be everyone's answer for a new driver. He's a very talented driver from a racing family, born in NC, hilarious interviews and just generally getting poo poo done here in the last two years. He can also grow one of the most amazing mullet/mustache combos in the garage, probably only second to SASCAR thread favorite Stenhouse (otherwise known as Wrecky Shithouse, Breakfast Steakhouse, that rear end in a top hat, and Danica's ex-boyfriend).

This a very informative and good post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Howard The Dork posted:

Fun fact: Austin Hill is Jonah Hill’s cousin.

I feel bad for Austin if this is true.

Also, exciting finish to a race.