Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1750157017484824601

the show actually looks kinda cool idk

more to come in OP if i remember!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i haven't watched it yet but i believe all the focus is placed on like 6 or 7 drivers. probably a smart move so as to not overwhelm with 30+ drivers

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Douchebag posted:

LOL at no crowd for tonight. Time to ditch this format forever.

dang, i can't believe the crowd is thin for a race that was supposed to run tomorrow as LA prepares for a cataclysmic rain storm! nascar really bungled this

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

they've tested and tried everything except the thing everyone actually wants (more horsepower)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cactus Ghost posted:

why doesn't nascar do rain? is it just that at those speeds the visibility would be zero from spray?

the physics of high speed ovals make it functionality impossible to maintain grip

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

new atlanta fully sucks poo poo on a conceptual level

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the milk machine posted:

which drivers are assholes and which are good to like?

genuinely the answer is to just watch and pick for yourself, you're never going to get a straight answer from a bunch of dipshits on an internet forum. seems like you're already got a good idea of who you like and don't

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i will say the most universally hated driver in nascar right now is probably ty gibbs, can't go wrong booing him

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

he's right

finish was cool but the race was a bleak cross section of what nascar currently is and wants to be

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

both things can be true (and are)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

it was a cool race on its own with an awesome finish but my busted-rear end brain can't divorce what neo-atlanta and the reaction to it means for nascar as a sport as it continues to become something that is very different from what i think real racing should be

anyway todd gilliland is leading the series in laps led

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

High banking, hi drag, low power everywhere so dogbrain race fans can get their Sunday dose of dopamine

this is the future nascar wants

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the milk machine posted:

not trolling, just interested as a new fan that hasn't watched since back when it was the winston cup:

what should that race have looked like? what changes has nascar made that negatively affected the style of racing? i assume there's a push to create a spectacle for tv, with lots of crashes and such?

to put it simply, atlanta used to be a normal 1.5-mile intermediate track (with all the good and bad that comes with), and a couple of years ago they added a shitload of banking to basically turn it into a mini-daytona/talladega, which rely on pack/draft racing

if you tune into vegas next weekend, that's what a more standard nascar race looks like. the pack racing is not the norm

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the main thing to keep in mind is that like any racing series it's never going to be 100% bangers, there are good races bad races etc, don't let a single race color your perception of everything if you're new

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this has been a very good race

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that race kicked rear end for a ton of reasons, get it rajah

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

all my favorite drivers are named Chris B, good day today

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tire wear means good race

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

race of the loving year. that loving kicked rear end top to bottom

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

he absolutely jumped but nascar's going to claim flexibility in the line because they don't want to deal with taking away a win, because nothing matters, eat arby's

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

brad played that perfectly, mcdowell got desperate

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

jones broke he back (spinal fracture)

https://twitter.com/LEGACYMotorClub/status/1782847078852362392

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

a dark day for buescher nation

(that was cool as hell tho)

kidcoelacanth