Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ungratek posted:

Logano has a glove violation(???) and will probably be 2 laps down immediately.

i gotta know whats going on with these gloves what sorta speed racer poo poo is he up to

go michael mcdowell :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

skaboomizzy posted:

It sounds like Logano cut holes or removed fabric from his left glove so it wouldn't have as much drag when he stuck it out the net to signal he is going to pit

Completely insane behavior

lol that rules

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lol oops todd gilliand wrecked the field

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i used to watch as a kid in the late 90s-early 00s and just got back into watching regularly last year and i love watching just about every race, idk,

if yall are bummed out watching im sorry to hear that

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

anyway todd gilliland is leading the series in laps led

Summer of Todd

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Kvlt! posted:

why does Busch run the Truck races? Seems kinda like an NHL vet going down and playing college hockey. I know they let him do it bc $$$ but does he just do it for practice/ego boost?

also watching this race I learned theres a driver whose first name is Lawless and im rooting for him as my #2 after Rajah rn on that alone

drivers have raced in lower series for various reasons for as long as I've watched, I was used to seeing Mark Martin in Busch races on Saturdays, I dont know if it was practice or he just liked racing specific tracks a lot or a combo or what but yea. they had to put some guardrails on it in the 00s because too many guys were pulling double duty and crushing the lower serieses as developmental feeder leagues. I believe it was Kevin Harvick specifically who brought that about

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Cactus Ghost posted:

what's the difference between the cars and trucks besides the bodies

from what ive been told, the trucks are still built and set up much in the same way that nascar cars were set up for decades, whereas the xfinity cars are modeled more after the cup series nextgen cars, which are a huge jump in technology available to drivers/crew chiefs/etc. disclaimer: i dont know goddamn poo poo myself just relating it from someone with a lot of firsthand experience, but its part of what makes the truck series especially kinda cool to me and why i try to catch that instead of cup more. and also, yeah, the aero is way different which makes a huge difference in specifically nascar style oval racing.

plus they look cool and theres a guy there whos named "lawless alan" and that rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Kvlt! posted:

iirc trucks and xfinity also run 4 speed transmissions and next gen 5 speed

mearn posted:

Xfinity cars are pretty much the last-gen Cup chassis, but still run a carburetor and tapered spacer instead of switching to fuel injection.

ah! these are both good to know. ive wondered how different the xfinity and cup cars are outside of, like, horsepower obviously. i was a big time watcher when i was a kid and only rly got back into it in the past cpl seasons, but at no point did i know anything at all about the like... mechanical part of the cars lol