Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I'm gonna watch the poo poo out of this - NETFLIX documentaries are usually pretty good.

Obviously it'll be edited in a way to bring more fans to the sport, but, hey, whatever works.

As long as it doesn't have too much Samantha Busch shoehorning herself into the storyline, I'm looking forward to it, but that might be a big ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

stealie72 posted:

Asokan Fairwell plays in the background as the camera pans across a vintage photo of a misty morning at Darlington.

The 2023 NASCAR Cup season was contested at 30 places...from Richmond in the East to Fontana in the West. From Loudon in the North to Homestead in the south.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cactus Ghost posted:

i just learned that apparently numerous professional racecar drivers, including nascar drivers, are banned from iracing for various reasons. for some reason that's very humanizing.

I just started playing iRacing and holy poo poo, spinning at Tsukuba, trying to roll out of the groove and getting drilled anyway, and getting like 7x for the inconvenience loving sucks.

So does getting drilled in the LR by a spinning car while trying to miss it and getting a 4x.

E- And driving a Legend at Langley and getting a stop and hold for diving into the pit exit to avoid t-boning someone.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 12, 2024

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

mischief posted:

Up Up Gas Gas Left Left Left Left N***** Brake Apologize is the cheat code. Gets you all those sweet achievements and a kick rear end car.

"Hard Rs Earn Hendrick Cars"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/joe_exotic/status/1758233820707328138?t=0nNr0_at14VkkbqBPUKldA&s=19

:psyboom:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Due to the threat of rain, LOL ARCAtona will run following the completion of the Truck race at approximately 10:30pm Eastern.

The race will begin on FS2 and shift to FS1 following basketball.

SVG DNQ'd but it appears Spire bought him a spot in the field.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It's worth noting they've devised a package that can run in damp conditions on short tracks in addition to the standard wet weather configuration for road courses.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/i/status/1758695901571215639/

:perfect:

Toni Breidinger needs to figure out how to watch replays before assessing blame.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Willie Mullins was a great story...but he just couldn't get the ARCA Brakes out of his system. :(

She's not that talented and will likely sustain a career on the basis of sponsorship alone, she's in love with herself, and it's never her fault.

Danica was treated fairly badly while racing in Europe and, even when she got to America and was respected to the point of being fawned over, never let it go. She developed a massive ego and was God's gift to racing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8myKxVabsvo

The run-in with Denny depicted in the video was because she was so garbage the previous season that, in top-tier equipment, she was in danger of missing the Daytona 500 and almost wrecked herself to nearly do it.

e- In Breidinger's case, I think it was last year(?) where she ran Daytona and her spotter got on her because admitted she was lifting to slow down for the corners. Anyone with any vague knowledge of anything "racing on a superspeedway" knows the answer.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 17, 2024

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Xfinity postponed to 9pm tonight.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Accepting that call for the street race against Ryan Newman may have been the greatest decision of William Byron's life.

(Because he's an EA Sports NASCAR character brought to life is the joke if you're not familiar with the game.)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

mischief posted:

Blaney should be everyone's answer for a new driver. He's a very talented driver from a racing family, born in NC

Blaney was born in Ohio.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I didn't hate that race. I like that there are six drafting races on the schedule. I just wish they were better spread out as opposed to the obvious gimmick they are gunning for this year with Daytona and Atlanta a maximum of two weeks apart. (And though I could make the obvious "wait until the casual fans see Vegas" joke, the races there haven't been bad recently.)

It certainly doesn't help that the schedule, according to what I got from talking to Frank Kelleher last summer at Daytona, basically comes down to like four people ("I don't get any say as to when we run, I'm responsible for selling out the stands and infield; the 400 could run in June someday").

If there's any criticism of the track to be had, it's this is yet another example of "NASCAR should do Obvious Thing X, but instead does I've Got A Better Idea Y. If there was a cookie cutter that was a worthy candidate to become the type track Atlanta did, it was Texas. Atlanta 2.0 seemed to be one of the cookie cutters that produced the best racing on its own merit.

It's kind of like when Labor Day Fontana flopped and, instead of putting the Southern 500 back right away to right the wrong (which wouldve been a PR win), it went to Atlanta because the big brains in NASCAR, in their infinite wisdom, decided the obvious thing wasn't the way THEY wanted it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/AndrewMarchand/status/1763212420883890603?t=edZ20o944o7vnjxlW4SrLw&s=19

Dale Jr. is expected to be announced as the first member of the Amazon and TNT broadcast package beginning next year.

NBC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1767891812998598919?t=o70ySYZnBEbrcKtJYvv9iQ&s=19

Rick Allen got the Marty Reid treatment.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/1778461456100446366?t=bH7u3lGWP_6N5QhPJnXF8w&s=19

NBC is taking Junyer quitting well.

e-
https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1778487492615815462

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 11, 2024

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

why does Busch run the Truck races? Seems kinda like an NHL vet going down and playing college hockey. I know they let him do it bc $$$ but does he just do it for practice/ego boost?

also watching this race I learned theres a driver whose first name is Lawless and im rooting for him as my #2 after Rajah rn on that alone

shiksa posted:

drivers have raced in lower series for various reasons for as long as I've watched, I was used to seeing Mark Martin in Busch races on Saturdays, I dont know if it was practice or he just liked racing specific tracks a lot or a combo or what but yea. they had to put some guardrails on it in the 00s because too many guys were pulling double duty and crushing the lower serieses as developmental feeder leagues. I believe it was Kevin Harvick specifically who brought that about

It was around 2011 when they made drivers declare for only one series' points because cup drivers were going down and winning championships in the now-Xfinity series.

Buschwacking started to dwindle after that but really started to go away in earnest in the late 2010s in part because NASCAR limited them to seven Xfinity and five truck races a year. (Plus, there was that time Harvick ragequit the series after Chastain (rightfully) right reared him at Darlington.)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Douchebag posted:

Xfinity pays poo poo so it’s a good chance at money for some teams.

The No Bull races in the early 00’s was great. I think the money rolled over right?

NB5 didn't roll over, but I think the pole award money did until someone won from the pole.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

All those good feelings we had built up toward NASCAR and then Here Comes Chase Elliott to ruin it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Reminder- LOL ARCADega is today at 12:30 Eastern on FS1.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cactus Ghost posted:

whats lol about arca at talladega

sorry if i keep asking stupid newbie questions. nobody in my family was a nascar fan growing up

Drivers with little to no experience on superspeedways + drivers who don't brake when they should ("ARCA Brakes") = (usually) unnecessarily big wrecks.

Today was not one of those days however.

E- Daytona, but the same idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ISYdn8hh0

The Bob's Burgers soundtrack in the meme is not for the 60 car but the one that piles in much later.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 20, 2024

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

chamois posted:

they need to shut down LEGACY MC. what a factory of sadness that team's turned into.

Both their cars were top 20 in points like last week.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/NASCARONFOX/status/1784638903208591868

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

I haven't watched NASCAR in forever...uhm...the gently caress is a stage win with a checkered flag??

Races are now broken into three segments called Stages, where the top 10 drivers pick up points and the Stage Winner gets a Playoff Point toward the Playoffs.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bring back No Bull 5. That was a gimmick which added Intrigue to the races in which was contested.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Virgil Vox posted:

Should run tomorrows cup race at sunset too: it's beautiful on those onboard shots

I have some good news!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

A Good Race, A Great Finish.