Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Went to Daytona, good time in spite of the weather imo. Did not stay for ARCA or Xfinity because at some point I got old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Howard The Dork posted:

Did Goodyear make a new tire that is causing all the “marbles”? They seem to be a new problem this year. Or is that all from the resin?

All resin, that was the same tire they used at Bristol last fall. The track just didn't take any rubber.

That was fun, can't believe that last run went green as long as it did. Props to NASCAR for not throwing a caution when there were probably like eight excuses to do it when people started getting flat tires.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

shiksa posted:

from what ive been told, the trucks are still built and set up much in the same way that nascar cars were set up for decades, whereas the xfinity cars are modeled more after the cup series nextgen cars, which are a huge jump in technology available to drivers/crew chiefs/etc. disclaimer: i dont know goddamn poo poo myself just relating it from someone with a lot of firsthand experience, but its part of what makes the truck series especially kinda cool to me and why i try to catch that instead of cup more. and also, yeah, the aero is way different which makes a huge difference in specifically nascar style oval racing.

plus they look cool and theres a guy there whos named "lawless alan" and that rocks

Xfinity cars are pretty much the last-gen Cup chassis, but still run a carburetor and tapered spacer instead of switching to fuel injection.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

He's driving his wife's car to fill in for her while they focus on starting a family. Enjoy that mental image.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Will Ford ever win another race? My sources say no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

mearn posted:

Will Ford ever win another race? My sources say no.

My sources say this didn't count because the Ford was dressed like a Supra